ICYMI there are few past posts about stories here, too.
- 2016 ICYMI (12/30/2016) - Remember how the buzz at the beginning of the year was that 2016 would be “The Year” that immersive 3D, 360° and VR media would go mainstream? Well, did it? Is everyone you know talking about it? Well, err, in all honesty, if you are not an extreme geek and earlier adopter, probably not. If … Continue reading 2016 ICYMI
- L.A. Noir (12/20/2016) - The New York Times has done it, again! Over the last year they have consistently released some of the classiest and most immersive 3D/360°/VR media around. Features like Takes Flight and Seeking Pluto’s Frigid Heart set production and content quality standards exceedingly high, but this time they have truly outdone themselves. The New York Times … Continue reading L.A. Noir
- Newt’s Case (4/13/2017) - J. K. Rowling’s wizarding world is back in the news because it has been announced that Jude Law will play young Dumbledore and Johnny Depp will play the villain Grindelwald in the upcoming Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them sequel. Jude Law to Play Young Dumbledore in ‘Fantastic Beasts’ Sequel (Justin Kroll, Variety) There … Continue reading Newt’s Case
- Short & Sweet (10/13/2017) - Want a quick 10 minute break? Check out Across, a lovely bit of 360° visual narrative by Christopher W. Bailey. Want a bit more distraction? Then take another five to watch Pearl, a highly acclaimed 360° Video from Google Spotlight Stories. Beware, people have been known to cry at the end 😉 Haven’t had enough? … Continue reading Short & Sweet
- Silliness (3/24/2017) - This blog has covered numerous experiments with using 360° video to create new types of immersive narrative. There are many great examples out there now like Google’s HELP and NYT’s L.A. Noir. My favorite so far has been this video by One Republic. However, I’ve just come across a 360° video by the Naive New … Continue reading Silliness