These are organized by form and function.
These are types of media formats.
These are organized by a classification scheme developed exclusively for Cosma. More…
hardware : the physical components (as electronic and electrical devices) of a vehicle (as a spacecraft) or an apparatus (as a computer) — Webster
Computer hardware are component devices which are typically installed into or peripheral to a computer case to create a personal computer upon which system software is installed including a firmware interface such as a BIOS and an operating system supporting application software that performs the operator’s desired functions. Operating systems usually communicate with devices through hardware buses by using software device drivers. — Wikipedia
Communications of the ACM: Hardware The latest news, opinion and research in hardware, from Communications online.
- First Multi-Node Quantum Network Paves the Way...on April 16, 2021 at 6:32 pm
Researchers in the Netherlands have established an entanglement-based network between three quantum processors for the first time.
- 3D-Printed Material to Replace Ivoryon April 16, 2021 at 4:00 pm
Researchers have engineered a substitute for ivory in three-dimensional printing.
- Researcher Uses Bat-Inspired Design to Develop...on April 16, 2021 at 4:00 pm
Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University's Rolf Mueller and colleagues have developed a new technique for identifying the point of origin of a sound.
- Pandemic is Pushing Robots into Retail at...on April 16, 2021 at 4:00 pm
The results of a recent survey indicate the Covid-19 pandemic has ramped up development and adoption of automation.
- ACM Prize Awarded to Pioneer in Quantum Computingon April 16, 2021 at 4:00 pm
ACM has named Scott Aaronson the recipient of the 2020 ACM Prize in Computing for his pioneering contributions to quantum computing.