These are organized by a classification scheme developed exclusively for Cosma. More…
aesthetics : a branch of philosophy dealing with the nature of beauty, art, and taste and with the creation and appreciation of beauty — Webster See also Oxford, OneLook, Free Dictionary, Wiktionary, InfoPlease, Word Reference, Urban Dictionary
Aesthetics is a branch of philosophy dealing with the nature of beauty, art, and taste, and with the creation and appreciation of beauty. It is more scientifically defined as the study of sensory or sensori-emotional values, sometimes called judgments of sentiment and taste. — Wikipedia
The Journal of Aesthetics and Art Criticism
- Issue Information
- Call for Papers The Good, the Beautiful, the Green: Environmentalism and Aesthetics
- The American Society for Aesthetics
- Descriptivism and Its Discontents
- Psychologism and Completeness in the Arts
- Rock as a Three-Value Tradition
- Inviting a Scandalous Look: Detecting the Fabulous Fabula Promoted by the Twist Film
- The Puzzle of Factual Praise
- Video Games and Imaginative Identification
- Still Self-Involved: A Reply to Patridge
- Why B-Flat Is Not Natural: Reply to Dyck
- Unruly Tones: A Reply to Ravasio
- Analyzing Antiqueness: A Response to Curtis and Baines
- GUYER, PAUL. A History of Modern Aesthetics, Volume 2: The Nineteenth Century. Cambridge University Press, 2014, vii +478, $355.00 cloth [for 3-volume set].
- CHAKRABARTI, ARINDAM, ed. The Bloomsbury Research Handbook of Indian Aesthetics and the Philosophy of Art. New York: Bloomsbury Academic, 2016, 417 pp., 5 color + 37 b&w illus., $176.00 cloth.
- POLLOCK, SHELDON, trans. and ed. A Rasa Reader: Classical Indian Aesthetics. Columbia University Press, 2016, xxiv + 442 pp., $80.00 cloth.
- MARSHALL, CHRISTOPHER R. Baroque Naples and the Industry of Painting: The World in the Workbench. Yale University Press, 2016, 352 pp., 88 color + 115 b&w illus., $75.00 cloth NAPOLI, NICHOLAS J. The Ethics of Ornament in Early Modern Naples: Fashioning the Certosa di San Martino. Burlington, VT: Ashgate, 2015, 430 pp., 36 color + 64 b&w illus., $120.00 cloth
- NANAY, BENCE. Aesthetics as Philosophy of Perception. Oxford University Press, 2016, 192 pp., $65.00 cloth
- PARSONS, GLENN. The Philosophy of Design. Polity Press, 2016, 192 pp., $22.95 paper.
- SUKLA, ANANTA CH., ed. Fiction and Art: Explorations in Contemporary Theory. New York: Bloomsbury Academic, 2015, 416 pp., $39.95 paper
- Books Received
British Journal of Aesthetics
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.