- Animal Vision (2/12/2017) - What if you could see like an animal? Well, now you can! Check out these YouTube 360° Videos from Marshmallow Laser Feast entitled In the Eyes of the Animal. The videos are “experiential” because they were created to be an art installation. Here’s a more “explanatory” YouTube 360° video from BuzzFeed that’s shows what it’s … Continue reading Animal Vision
- Best cat toy? (7/21/2017) - This site doesn’t usually deal in silly internet memes (list) like cute cat videos, but it is Friday, and this character on YouTube called FlippyCat went and posted this awesome 360° Video. If the think the dominoes art part is cool, and you want to waste more time, head on over and check out the … Continue reading Best cat toy?
- Born in China (4/20/2017) - Want to see something cute? Check out this 360° YouTube Video (Click & hold to explore)! The video is a trailer for Disney’s Born in China (Disney, IMDb, Wikipedia, Fandango). It is narrated by John Krasinski and opens in theaters on Friday, April 21st as part of Disney’s celebration of Earth Day on April 21st … Continue reading Born in China
- Lions, Tigers & Bears… (12/10/2016) - With the advent of a wide range of 360° cameras has come a plethora of 360° videos about animals with an equally wide range of quality and depth. The majority of them are relatively home grown, predominantly PSA type productions like these about lions and tigers. There are also some interesting examples with higher production … Continue reading Lions, Tigers & Bears…
- Planet Earth II (1/30/2017) - One interesting thing that’s been happening recently is that some television shows are being released with 360º features to go along with them. For example, the BBC created a lovely set of six 360º videos to coincide with episodes in their Planet Earth II (BBC) series. In case you haven’t been watching, the new Planet … Continue reading Planet Earth II
- Smart Crows (9/15/2016) - Rare crow shows a talent for tool use Tool-using crow: Rare bird joins clever animal elite (Victoria Gill, BBC News) Scientists Have Found Another Crow That Uses Tools (Ed Yong, The Atlantic) Discovery of species-wide tool use in the Hawaiian crow (Nature) Find out more about crows…
These are organized by a classification scheme developed exclusively for Cosma. More…
animal : any of a kingdom (Animalia) of living things including many-celled organisms and often many of the single-celled ones (as protozoans) that typically differ from plants in having cells without cellulose walls, in lacking chlorophyll and the capacity for photosynthesis, in requiring more complex food materials (as proteins), in being organized to a greater degree of complexity, and in having the capacity for spontaneous movement and rapid motor responses to stimulation — Webster See also Oxford, OneLook, Free Dictionary, Wiktionary, InfoPlease, Word Reference, Urban Dictionary
Animals are multicellular, eukaryotic organisms of the kingdom Animalia (also called Metazoa). All animals are motile, meaning they can move spontaneously and independently at some point in their lives. Their body plan eventually becomes fixed as they develop, although some undergo a process of metamorphosis later on in their lives. All animals are heterotrophs: they must ingest other organisms or their products for sustenance. — Wikipedia
Animals News : Discovery News The Animals section is your home for the latest news and videos. Visit Discovery News to see what's new with Animals.
Penguin Chicks Hatched Using Artificial...
by AFP@discovery.com (AFP) on May 25, 2016 at 5:05 pm
A Japanese aquarium said it had hatched two Humboldt penguin chicks, the first time the technique has been successfully deployed for the species. […]
Snub-Nosed Dogs More Affectionate, Better Guard...
by Anna_Salleh__ABC_Science_Online@discovery.com (Anna Salleh, ABC Science Online) on May 25, 2016 at 1:40 pm
New research may help explain the growing obsession in some countries with short-nosed dogs. […]
Stress and Depression Seen in Farmed Salmon
by Jennifer_Viegas@discovery.com (Jennifer Viegas) on May 24, 2016 at 11:01 pm
Farmed Atlantic salmon often suffer from such high levels of stress and depression that many become lethargic and essentially give up on life, finds new research. […]
Armored Dino's Best Defense Was a Nose for Trouble
by Discovery_News@discovery.com (Discovery News) on May 24, 2016 at 8:08 am
An early armored dinosaur lacked the weaponized tail of a famous cousin, but it made up for it with a good-enough sense of smell. […]
Strange Fossil Hints at Life After Mass Extinction
by Discovery_News@discovery.com (Discovery News) on May 23, 2016 at 8:11 pm
A new marine reptile has given scientists a window into the evolutionary period just after the worst loss of life the planet has ever known. […]