These are organized by a classification scheme developed exclusively for Cosma. More…
self : (1) individual’s typical character or behavior (2) individual’s temporary behavior or character (3) the union of elements (as body, emotions, thoughts, and sensations) that constitute the individuality and identity of a person — Webster
Self is a reference by an individual to the same individual person. This reference is necessarily subjective and it follows that self is a reference by a subject to the same subject. The sense of having a self – or self-hood – should, however, not be confused with subjectivity itself. Ostensibly, there is a directedness outward from the subject that refers inward – back to its “self” (or itself).
The first-person perspective distinguishes self-hood from personal identity. Whereas “identity” is sameness, self-hood implies a first-person perspective. Conversely, we use “person” as a third-person reference. Finally, the self is distinguishable from “others”. Including the distinction between sameness and otherness, the self versus other is a research topic in contemporary philosophy) and contemporary phenomenology (see also psychological phenomenology), psychology, psychiatry, neurology, and neuroscience. — Wikipedia
- Lee Kiefer Just Won a Gold Medal While Attending...by Taylor Dutch on July 25, 2021 at 6:55 pm
The three-time Olympian made history for Team U.S.A.
- Gymnast Oksana Chusovitina Vaults to Standing...by Christa Sgobba, C.P.T. on July 25, 2021 at 2:02 pm
The 46-year-old competed in her first Games in 1992.
- U.S. Women's Soccer Rebounds From Initial Loss at...by Taylor Dutch on July 24, 2021 at 8:35 pm
The team has been fighting on and off the pitch this week.
- Ashleigh Johnson on One Thing She Asks Herself...by Patia Braithwaite on July 24, 2021 at 2:00 pm
She has great tips.
- A Yoga-Inspired Core Routine for Some Gentle...by Elizabeth Millard, C.P.T. on July 24, 2021 at 1:00 pm
It’s a great wake-up sequence to start your day.