Simulation is the imitation of the operation of a real-world process or system over time. The act of simulating something first requires that a model be developed; this model represents the key characteristics or behaviors of the selected physical or abstract system or process. The model represents the system itself, whereas the simulation represents the operation of the system over time. Simulation is used in many contexts, such as simulation of technology for performance optimization, safety engineering, testing, training, education, and video games. Training simulators include flight simulators for training aircraft pilots to provide them with a lifelike experience. Simulation is also used with scientific modelling of natural systems or human systems to gain insight into their functioning. Simulation can be used to show the eventual real effects of alternative conditions and courses of action. Simulation is also used when the real system cannot be engaged, because it may not be accessible, or it may be dangerous or unacceptable to engage, or it is being designed but not yet built, or it may simply not exist. Key issues in simulation include acquisition of valid source information about the relevant selection of key characteristics and behaviours, the use of simplifying approximations and assumptions within the simulation, and fidelity and validity of the simulation outcomes. — Wikipedia
SAGE Publications Ltd STM: SIMULATION: Table of Contents Table of Contents for SIMULATION. List of articles from both the latest and ahead of print issues.
- Computational fluid dynamics simulation of...by Damian Ramajo on January 28, 2023 at 9:44 am
- Low-latency GNSS multipath simulation and...by Marcus O’Connor on January 20, 2023 at 8:39 am
- A formal GSPN model of a virtual doctor dialogue...by Nikolaos Bourbakis on January 18, 2023 at 9:59 am
- Proposal of a module-driven architecture for...by Mohamed Nezar Abourraja on January 12, 2023 at 11:51 am
- DP in ice environments—development of a dynamic...by Jason Mills on January 12, 2023 at 11:31 am
Here are links to pages about closely related subjects.
|Software||Service (Web)||Program (OS, SS)||Database||Application||AI, VW|