These are organized by a classification scheme developed exclusively for Cosma. More…
Book is a set of written, printed, illustrated, or blank sheets, made of ink, paper, parchment, or other materials, fastened together to hinge at one side. A single sheet within a book is a leaf, and each side of a leaf is a page. A set of text-filled or illustrated pages produced in electronic format is known as an electronic book, or e-book.
Books may also refer to works of literature, or a main division of such a work. In library and information science, a book is called a monograph, to distinguish it from serial periodicals such as magazines, journals or newspapers. The body of all written works including books is literature. In novels and sometimes other types of books (for example, biographies). — Wikipedia
- Tae Keller Wins Newbery Medal for ‘When You...by Elizabeth A. Harris on January 25, 2021 at 8:17 pm
“We Are Water Protectors,” illustrated by Michaela Goade and written by Carole Lindstrom, won the Caldecott Medal.
- ‘Mike Nichols’ Captures a Star-Studded Life...by Dwight Garner on January 25, 2021 at 7:45 pm
Mark Harris’s biography tells the story of the writer and director who formed a beloved comedy duo with Elaine May and directed movies including “Who’s Afraid of Virginia Woolf?” and “The Graduate.”
- 25 Great Book Reviews From the Past 125 Yearsby Tina Jordan, Noor Qasim and John Williams on January 25, 2021 at 4:00 pm
To celebrate the Book Review’s 125th anniversary, we’re dipping into the archives to revisit our most thrilling, memorable and thought-provoking coverage.
- Just Don’t Call Her a Ghostwriterby Gal Beckerman on January 24, 2021 at 10:00 am
Michelle Burford has carved out a niche helping famous Black women like Cicely Tyson, Alicia Keys and Gabby Douglas write their memoirs. But she can tell many kinds of stories, including her own.
- Things To Do At Homeby Katherine Cusumano and Emma Grillo on January 24, 2021 at 3:21 am
This week, celebrate Australia Day, make masala chai and listen to Natalie Portman discuss her new children’s book.