A truly great book should be read in youth, again in maturity and once more in old age, as a fine building should be seen by morning light, at noon and by moonlight. — Robertson Davies
Book is a set of written, printed, illustrated, or blank sheets, made of ink, paper, parchment, or other materials, fastened together to hinge at one side. A single sheet within a book is a leaf, and each side of a leaf is a page. A set of text-filled or illustrated pages produced in electronic format is known as an electronic book, or e-book.
Books may also refer to works of literature, or a main division of such a work. In library and information science, a book is called a monograph, to distinguish it from serial periodicals such as magazines, journals or newspapers. The body of all written works including books is literature. In novels and sometimes other types of books (for example, biographies). — Wikipedia
The best way to become acquainted with a subject is to write a book about it. — Benjamin Disraeli
- Book Review: ‘People Collide,’ by Isle McElroyby Alexandra Jacobs on September 24, 2023 at 12:33 pm
Isle McElroy’s second novel, “People Collide,” puts a pair of bored newlyweds in each other’s shoes.
- Book Review: ‘How Elites Ate the Social Justice...by Sam Tanenhaus on September 24, 2023 at 9:00 am
The Substack pundit Fredrik deBoer and the political scientist Yascha Mounk feel that liberal ideologues and “woke” pretenders have marred American life.
- Kerry Washington Goes Deepby Elisabeth Egan on September 24, 2023 at 9:00 am
In her memoir, “Thicker Than Water,” the famously private “Scandal” star opens up about the family secret that made her question whether she was playing the lead role in her own life.
- Cassidy Hutchinson Reappears. She Has More Trump...by Robert Draper on September 24, 2023 at 3:35 am
“I would like not to be a hermit,” the former White House aide says upon the publication of a memoir about her journey down a political rabbit hole.
- The Best Books to Read in 2023by The New York Times Books Staff on September 23, 2023 at 1:42 pm
Finding a book you’ll love can be daunting. Let us help.
Here are links to pages about closely related subjects.
See also Library