These are organized by a classification scheme developed exclusively for Cosma. More…
Book is a set of written, printed, illustrated, or blank sheets, made of ink, paper, parchment, or other materials, fastened together to hinge at one side. A single sheet within a book is a leaf, and each side of a leaf is a page. A set of text-filled or illustrated pages produced in electronic format is known as an electronic book, or e-book.
Books may also refer to works of literature, or a main division of such a work. In library and information science, a book is called a monograph, to distinguish it from serial periodicals such as magazines, journals or newspapers. The body of all written works including books is literature. In novels and sometimes other types of books (for example, biographies). — Wikipedia
- A Very Bad Poem From the Book Review Archivesby Tina Jordan on April 23, 2021 at 3:47 pm
As we scour the past issues of the Book Review on its 125th anniversary, we have come across a lot of commissioned poetry — including this interesting specimen.
- Paul and Justin Theroux on Eccentric Patriarchs...by Chris Vognar on April 23, 2021 at 2:00 pm
Ahead of the new Apple TV+ series, the author and actor talked about their collaboration and the shared history behind it.
- Book Review: ‘The Free World,’ by Louis Menandby David Oshinsky on April 23, 2021 at 1:59 pm
Menand’s “The Free World” is a sweeping survey of the revolutions that changed American life in the 1950s and ’60s.
- ‘The Free World: Art and Thought in the Cold...on April 23, 2021 at 1:58 pm
An excerpt from “The Free World: Art and Thought in the Cold War,” by Louis Menand
- Rachel Kushner on What She Takes From Art (and...by Jonathan Griffin on April 23, 2021 at 1:01 pm
Her books are filled with insights into art world types and their relationships to the wider world.