These are organized by a classification scheme developed exclusively for Cosma. More…
Book is a set of written, printed, illustrated, or blank sheets, made of ink, paper, parchment, or other materials, fastened together to hinge at one side. A single sheet within a book is a leaf, and each side of a leaf is a page. A set of text-filled or illustrated pages produced in electronic format is known as an electronic book, or e-book.
Books may also refer to works of literature, or a main division of such a work. In library and information science, a book is called a monograph, to distinguish it from serial periodicals such as magazines, journals or newspapers. The body of all written works including books is literature. In novels and sometimes other types of books (for example, biographies). — Wikipedia
- The Enduring Whimsy and Wonderment of Eric Carleby Jonathan Kozol on July 25, 2021 at 9:00 am
The beloved children’s author and illustrator died in May. But his irrepressible spirit lives on in his books.
- What to Do This Weekendby Melissa Kirsch on July 24, 2021 at 3:32 pm
Tomatoes and tiny travel.
- A Son of Gabriel García Márquez Tenderly...by Miguel Salazar on July 24, 2021 at 9:00 am
In “A Farewell to Gabo and Mercedes,” Rodrigo Garcia chronicles his parents’ final days, including his celebrated father’s struggle with dementia and his mother’s fierce independence to the end.
- New in Paperback: ‘Transcendent Kingdom’ and...by Jennifer Krauss on July 23, 2021 at 5:34 pm
Six new paperbacks to check out this week.
- What Makes Elon Musk Differentby Walter Isaacson on July 23, 2021 at 5:32 pm
Two new books, Eric Berger’s “Liftoff” and Tim Higgins’s “Power Play,” explore Musk’s terrestrial and extraterrestrial pursuits — and what has made him so successful.