These are organized by a classification scheme developed exclusively for Cosma. More…
Book is a set of written, printed, illustrated, or blank sheets, made of ink, paper, parchment, or other materials, fastened together to hinge at one side. A single sheet within a book is a leaf, and each side of a leaf is a page. A set of text-filled or illustrated pages produced in electronic format is known as an electronic book, or e-book.
Books may also refer to works of literature, or a main division of such a work. In library and information science, a book is called a monograph, to distinguish it from serial periodicals such as magazines, journals or newspapers. The body of all written works including books is literature. In novels and sometimes other types of books (for example, biographies). — Wikipedia
- What Snoop Dogg’s Success Says About the Book...by Alexandra Alter and Elizabeth A. Harris on April 19, 2021 at 1:29 am
Will the shifts brought on by the pandemic, favoring online retailers over bookstores and established authors over new ones, change publishing forever?
- Revisiting the Unusual Celebrity of Stephen...by Frank Wilczek on April 18, 2021 at 4:30 pm
In “Hawking Hawking,” Charles Seife offers a portrait of the famous theoretical physicist and tries to unpack his place in popular culture.
- ‘The Free World’ Explains How Culture Heated...by Marc Tracy on April 18, 2021 at 9:00 am
Louis Menand’s new book about art and thought in the postwar years features a very large cast, including George Orwell, James Baldwin, Susan Sontag and the Beatles.
- Denis Donoghue, Humanist Literary Critic, Dies at...by Clay Risen on April 17, 2021 at 9:40 pm
He wrote prodigiously while teaching, first in Dublin and then in New York, and often clashed with critics he considered too political.
- When Her Mother Died, She Found Solace at a...by Tammy Tarng on April 17, 2021 at 9:00 am
Michelle Zauner, a musician who performs under the name Japanese Breakfast, is making her book debut with “Crying in H Mart.”