These are organized by a classification scheme developed exclusively for Cosma. More…
Book is a set of written, printed, illustrated, or blank sheets, made of ink, paper, parchment, or other materials, fastened together to hinge at one side. A single sheet within a book is a leaf, and each side of a leaf is a page. A set of text-filled or illustrated pages produced in electronic format is known as an electronic book, or e-book.
Books may also refer to works of literature, or a main division of such a work. In library and information science, a book is called a monograph, to distinguish it from serial periodicals such as magazines, journals or newspapers. The body of all written works including books is literature. In novels and sometimes other types of books (for example, biographies). — Wikipedia
- Things To Do At Homeby Katherine Cusumano and Emma Grillo on November 29, 2020 at 3:44 am
This week, listen to the music of Billie Holiday, attend a fashion workshop or get your tarot cards read.
- Malgré l’affaire Matzneff, le milieu...by Norimitsu Onishi and Constant Méheut on November 28, 2020 at 11:41 am
Le scandale autour de l’écrivain pédophile a levé le voile sur l’hermétisme du monde de l’édition en France, où les prix s’attribuent souvent entre amis.
- Pedophile Scandal Can’t Crack the Closed...by Norimitsu Onishi and Constant Méheut on November 28, 2020 at 11:40 am
The scandal surrounding the writer Gabriel Matzneff was not limited to his pedophilia. It also opened a window on the entrenched and clubby nature of many of France’s elite institutions.
- Her Antenna Is Tuned to the Quietest Voicesby Motoko Rich on November 27, 2020 at 9:30 pm
Yu Miri won a National Book Award for “Tokyo Ueno Station,” a novel whose main character is the ghost of a homeless construction worker.
- Talking About the 10 Best Books of 2020on November 27, 2020 at 4:44 pm
On a special episode of the podcast, taped live, editors from The New York Times Book Review discuss this year’s outstanding fiction and nonfiction.