These are organized by a classification scheme developed exclusively for Cosma. More…
Education is the process of facilitating learning. Knowledge, skills, values, beliefs, and habits of a group of people are transferred to other people, through storytelling, discussion, teaching, training, or research. Education frequently takes place under the guidance of educators, but learners may also educate themselves in a process called autodidactic learning. Any experience that has a formative effect on the way one thinks, feels, or acts may be considered educational. Education is commonly and formally divided into stages such as preschool, primary school, secondary school and then college, university or apprenticeship. The methodology of teaching is called pedagogy. — Wikipedia
EurekAlert! - Education The premier online source for science news since 1996. A service of the American Association for the Advancement of Science.
- Teaching pupils to 'think like Da Vinci' will...on April 22, 2021 at 4:00 am
(University of Cambridge) Reforms to the school curriculum which mix the arts and sciences, so that these subjects 'teach together' around common themes like climate change and food security, will better prepare young people for the real-world challenges that will define their adult lives, researchers argue in a new paper.
- Was your catalytic converter stolen? Here's why...on April 22, 2021 at 4:00 am
(American Chemical Society) Catalytic converters cut down on toxic car emissions, and, according to the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, they're one of the greatest environmental inventions of all time. Today, catalytic converter theft is on the rise, and that's partly because of their chemistry: https://youtu.be/I1YLPfSuNXY.
- School of Education receives $1.9 million grant...on April 22, 2021 at 4:00 am
(Virginia Tech) "Yet to increase the numbers of historically underrepresented faculty in STEM, we must focus not just on recruitment but on retention as well." The National Science Foundation recently awarded the School of Education a $1.9 million grant to help bridge that gap.
- Wiley, Cochrane, OhioLINK pilot agreement makes...on April 22, 2021 at 4:00 am
(Wiley) John Wiley & Sons, Inc. and Cochrane today announced a pilot access agreement with OhioLINK, a state-wide academic library consortium. Under this agreement people living in the U.S. state of Ohio will have free access to the Cochrane Library for one year. Published by Wiley, the Cochrane Library is a collection of health evidence used to make informed decisions about health care and policy.
- New nonprofit boosts Research4Life's mission in...on April 22, 2021 at 4:00 am
(Elsevier) Friends of Research4Life, a new 501(c)(3) nonprofit based in the United States, has been recently launched to support the critical mission of the Research4Life partnership to enable full participation in the global information environment. Organizations and individuals can now make contributions that directly benefit Research4Life programs.
- Feed has no items.
- Rutland City students to return to in-person...on December 4, 2020 at 5:02 pm
- Delaware schools begin to announce plans to go...on December 4, 2020 at 5:02 pm
- New Mexico to delay winter high school sports...on December 4, 2020 at 1:22 pm
- GOP senator: Let high schools decide about openingon December 4, 2020 at 1:22 pm
- School district to pay $200K to settle public...on December 4, 2020 at 1:22 pm