Central America : the narrow southern portion of North America connecting with South America and extending from the Isthmus of Tehuantepec to the Isthmus of Panama that includes the republics of Guatemala, El Salvador, Honduras, Nicaragua, Costa Rica, Panama, and Belize — Webster
Central America is the southernmost, isthmian portion of the North American continent, which connects with South America on the southeast. Central America is bordered by Mexico to the north, Colombia to the southeast, the Caribbean Sea to the east, and the Pacific Ocean to the west. Central America consists of seven countries: Belize, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua, and Panama.
Central America is a part of the Mesoamerican biodiversity hotspot, which extends from northern Guatemala through to central Panama. Due to the presence of several active geologic faults and the Central America Volcanic Arc, there is a great deal of seismic activity in the region. — Wikipedia
This is a 360° YouTube video — press and hold to explore!
"Central America" - Google News Google News
- Quake info: Strong mag. 5.0 earthquake - North...on December 5, 2021 at 8:34 am
Quake info: Strong mag. 5.0 earthquake - North Pacific Ocean on Saturday, Dec 4, 2021 4:04 pm (GMT -6) VolcanoDiscovery
- COVID cases found on Norwegian Cruise ship in New...on December 5, 2021 at 7:34 am
COVID cases found on Norwegian Cruise ship in New Orleans Daily Mail
- Business - The Economiston December 4, 2021 at 12:00 am
Business The Economist
- Cult killers sentenced to 50 years prison in...on December 3, 2021 at 10:28 pm
Cult killers sentenced to 50 years prison in Panama Associated Press
- Fighting the autocratic slide in Central America...on December 3, 2021 at 6:55 pm
Fighting the autocratic slide in Central America Brookings Institution
Here are links to pages about closely related subjects.