These are organized by a classification scheme developed exclusively for Cosma. More…
term : to obtain sight or knowledge of for the first time : find out — Webster
discovery : the act of making known or visible — Webster
Discovery is the act of detecting something new, or something “old” that had been unrecognized as meaningful. With reference to sciences and academic disciplines, discovery is the observation of new phenomena, new actions, or new events and providing new reasoning to explain the knowledge gathered through such observations with previously acquired knowledge from abstract thought and everyday experiences. A discovery may sometimes be based on earlier discoveries, collaborations, or ideas. Some discoveries represent a radical breakthrough in knowledge or technology. — Wikipedia
All Articles | Discover Magazine Discover satisfies everyday curiosity with relevant and approachable science news, feature articles, photos and more.
- Are Fake Meat Products Good for You?by Carina Woudenberg on July 27, 2021 at 3:00 pm
It depends on which ones you're consuming, health experts say.
- Ancient Skulls Show Anglo-Saxon Identity Was More...by Mark Collard, Keith Dobney, and Kimberly Plomp on July 27, 2021 at 1:00 pm
Skeletal evidence shows Britain's ancient Anglo-Saxon society as more genetically diverse than once thought. Language and culture served as a social glue, archaeologists argue, not ancestry.
- Brains Might Sync As People Interact — and That...by Conor Feehly on July 26, 2021 at 11:00 pm
When we cooperate on certain tasks, our brainwaves might synchronize. This finding could upend the current understanding of consciousness.
- Our Planet’s Changing Orbit Helped Life Survive...by Theo Nicitopoulos on July 26, 2021 at 9:00 pm
Iron-rich rock layers deposited during Earth’s most extreme ice ages could explain how oxygen persisted in oceans.
- Ibogaine: The Psychedelic Drug That Could Fight...by Donna Sarkar on July 26, 2021 at 7:00 pm
This plant-based psychedelic could pave the road to recovery by easing withdrawal symptoms and cravings.