These are organized by a classification scheme developed exclusively for Cosma. More…
term : to obtain sight or knowledge of for the first time : find out — Webster
discovery : the act of making known or visible — Webster
Discovery is the act of detecting something new, or something “old” that had been unrecognized as meaningful. With reference to sciences and academic disciplines, discovery is the observation of new phenomena, new actions, or new events and providing new reasoning to explain the knowledge gathered through such observations with previously acquired knowledge from abstract thought and everyday experiences. A discovery may sometimes be based on earlier discoveries, collaborations, or ideas. Some discoveries represent a radical breakthrough in knowledge or technology. — Wikipedia
All Articles | Discover Magazine Discover satisfies everyday curiosity with relevant and approachable science news, feature articles, photos and more.
- 3 Battery Innovations That Will Energize Our...on March 6, 2021 at 6:00 pm
These next-gen solutions will provide safer, more stable and longer-lasting power for everything from the energy grids to the phones in our pockets.
- The Lost Stars From the Early Universe Still...on March 6, 2021 at 4:00 pm
The earliest stars were different than the ones we see in the sky today. That’s what makes them so hard to find.
- The Amazon Rainforest Could Die in Your Lifetime...by email@example.com (Anna Funk) on March 5, 2021 at 8:00 pm
Climate change, fires and deforestation create a perfect storm that will destroy the Amazon in about 40 years.
- How Mount Tambora and Other Volcanic Eruptions...on March 5, 2021 at 6:00 pm
Dramatic sunsets after volcanic eruptions resonated with artists like William Turner, Caspar David Friedrich and Edvard Munch. Their paintings can provide scientists with a clearer picture of the atmospheric changes that occurred.
- Are the Egyptian Pyramids Aligned with the Stars?by firstname.lastname@example.org (Eric Betz) on March 5, 2021 at 4:00 pm
The ancient Egyptians watched Earth’s night sky closely and named constellations after their gods. But did the builders of the pyramids really make these monuments with the stars in mind?