These are organized by a classification scheme developed exclusively for Cosma. More…
term : to obtain sight or knowledge of for the first time : find out — Webster
discovery : the act of making known or visible — Webster
Discovery is the act of detecting something new, or something “old” that had been unrecognized as meaningful. With reference to sciences and academic disciplines, discovery is the observation of new phenomena, new actions, or new events and providing new reasoning to explain the knowledge gathered through such observations with previously acquired knowledge from abstract thought and everyday experiences. A discovery may sometimes be based on earlier discoveries, collaborations, or ideas. Some discoveries represent a radical breakthrough in knowledge or technology. — Wikipedia
All Articles | Discover Magazine Discover satisfies everyday curiosity with relevant and approachable science news, feature articles, photos and more.
- Is the World Running Out of Oil?on February 25, 2021 at 7:00 pm
Probably not, but demand may fall in the future.
- Who Was the First Scientist?by email@example.com (Cody Cottier) on February 25, 2021 at 5:00 pm
Contenders for the title stretch back through the Enlightenment and the Renaissance to Ancient Greece.
- Scientists Say Climate Change Will Continue to...on February 25, 2021 at 2:47 pm
When animals are displaced by deforestation and global warming, that often puts them and the diseases they carry in proximity to humans.
- 15 Best Magnesium Supplements on the Marketon February 25, 2021 at 6:00 am
- Harvard’s ‘Human Computers’ Revolutionized...on February 24, 2021 at 4:00 pm
More than a century ago, women called “human computers” changed our understanding of the universe. Now volunteers are making discoveries in their old notebooks.