These are organized by a classification scheme developed exclusively for Cosma. More…
term : to obtain sight or knowledge of for the first time : find out — Webster
discovery : the act of making known or visible — Webster
Discovery is the act of detecting something new, or something “old” that had been unrecognized as meaningful. With reference to sciences and academic disciplines, discovery is the observation of new phenomena, new actions, or new events and providing new reasoning to explain the knowledge gathered through such observations with previously acquired knowledge from abstract thought and everyday experiences. A discovery may sometimes be based on earlier discoveries, collaborations, or ideas. Some discoveries represent a radical breakthrough in knowledge or technology. — Wikipedia
All Articles | Discover Magazine Discover satisfies everyday curiosity with relevant and approachable science news, feature articles, photos and more.
- What the Oldest Known Cave Painting Reveals About...on April 16, 2021 at 9:00 pm
Ancient humans began to draw symbols on caves at least 45,500 years ago, according to a surprising finding on the Indonesian island of Sulawesi.
- Japan Just Had Its Earliest Peak Bloom of Cherry...on April 16, 2021 at 7:00 pm
An exceptionally warm spring has led to the early arrival of cherry blossoms in Japan, causing researchers to draw patterns between local temperature increases and global warming.
- Beyond COVID, the Future of mRNA Is Brightby email@example.com (Cody Cottier) on April 16, 2021 at 5:00 pm
Scientists say the technology behind the COVID-19 vaccines could change medicine and lead to new treatments against diseases like malaria, cancer and HIV.
- Holotropic Breathing Promises Psychedelic-Like...on April 16, 2021 at 2:00 pm
Many people report having spiritual experiences and psychological shifts while practicing intense and forceful breathing. But experts say this type of hyperventilating can pose mental and physical risks.
- The Sky Phenomena That May Have Inspired Artist...on April 16, 2021 at 12:00 pm
Did volcanic aerosols inspire the artist's new direction?