Entertainment Humor, Toy, Hobby, Competition (Game, Sport), Adventure, Spectacle
Arts Performing, Visual, (Architecture), Culinary, Language (Poem), Music, Dance
Belief Hypothesis, Forecast, Fiction, Rumor, Illusion, Superstition, Folklore, Faith
- 2016 ICYMI (12/30/2016) - Remember how the buzz at the beginning of the year was that 2016 would be “The Year” that immersive 3D, 360° and VR media would go mainstream? Well, did it? Is everyone you know talking about it? Well, err, in all honesty, if you are not an extreme geek and earlier adopter, probably not. If … Continue reading 2016 ICYMI
- 360° Arts Galore! (10/7/2017) - One of the goals of Cosma is to highlight the greatest immersive and interactive content available on the web, and while there are a number of interesting formats featured on the posts and pages, the majority of examples tend to be YouTube 360° Videos. In fact, there are so many great videos, it would be … Continue reading 360° Arts Galore!
- 360° Replay! (2/5/2017) - The Super Bowl is here, and this year there’s a new cool way to see the game. Intel 360 Replay lets you to see replays in 360° from the player’s point of view. Here’s a fun commercial about it (with Tom Brady, of course). The technology is not as trivial as putting a camera on … Continue reading 360° Replay!
- AirPano (10/16/2016) - While reviewing the posts during “the move,” there was one glaring omission that emerged. It turns out that there was never a post about a fantastic Russian crew going by the name “AirPano” that has been traveling the world using drones to capture and publish fantastic 360° panoramic videos, and they have been doing it … Continue reading AirPano
- Art Revisited (1/15/2017) - Artists have revisited, reinterpreted, and in more recent terminology, “remixed” earlier artist’s work for as long as there has been art. Happily, this trend is alive and well, and new immersive 360°/3D/VR technologies are being used to revisit and add new dimensions, literally, to classic art masterpieces. The latest example to cross my screen is … Continue reading Art Revisited
- Art Revisited II (2/27/2017) - An earlier post on Cosma entitled Art Revisited covered a trend for new immersive 360°/3D/VR technologies to be used to revisit and add new dimensions, literally, to classic art masterpieces. Some examples covered in that post included the Royal Museums of Fine Arts of Belgium explicating Bruegel’s A fall with the Rebel Angels and the … Continue reading Art Revisited II
- Asteroids Everywhere (6/30/2017) - Friday, June 30 is Asteroid Day, so you are going to be hearing a LOT about Asteroids over the next day or so (see Asteroid Day.org, NASA, YouTube and Wikipedia). The reason Asteroid Day falls on this date is because it’s the anniversary of the 1908 “Tunguska event” when scientists believe a 50 meter wide … Continue reading Asteroids Everywhere
- At the Ballpark… (8/4/2017) - Did you see that catch? If you follow baseball, then you know which one, but for those of you who don’t, check out this video of Austin Jackson’s epic catch at Fenway Park this week. Needless to say there’s a bunch of fans who are going to have to revise their Greatest Catches Videos (YouTube). … Continue reading At the Ballpark…
- Beach Gazes (7/2/2017) - You know those “virtual fireplace videos” that you can play in the winter to feel all warm and cozy? Yes, there’s even a 360° VideosYouTube Channel for that 🙂 Well, there are some 360° Videos made to serve a similar purpose in the summer, so you can kick back, relax and imagine some sand between … Continue reading Beach Gazes
- Best cat toy? (7/21/2017) - This site doesn’t usually deal in silly internet memes (list) like cute cat videos, but it is Friday, and this character on YouTube called FlippyCat went and posted this awesome 360° Video. If the think the dominoes art part is cool, and you want to waste more time, head on over and check out the … Continue reading Best cat toy?
- Born in China (4/20/2017) - Want to see something cute? Check out this 360° YouTube Video (Click & hold to explore)! The video is a trailer for Disney’s Born in China (Disney, IMDb, Wikipedia, Fandango). It is narrated by John Krasinski and opens in theaters on Friday, April 21st as part of Disney’s celebration of Earth Day on April 21st … Continue reading Born in China
- CG, AR & VR, Oh My! (8/1/2017) - ACM’s SIGGRAPH Conference is going on in LA this week (Sun. Jul 30 – Thur. Aug 3), and that means it’s time to find out about all of the awesome new tech that we’ll be hearing about and seeing in the next few months. In case you’ve never heard of it (or better, been :), … Continue reading CG, AR & VR, Oh My!
- Coasters! (6/21/2017) - It’s officially summer in the northern hemisphere, and that means it’s time to partake of some summer fun like theme parks and roller coasters! In honor of that, here’s a taste of what’s to come. This beautiful 360° Video takes you on a fun, though impossible journey — don’t forget to look around and enjoy … Continue reading Coasters!
- Coldplay’s Cool Gadgetry (8/11/2017) - Yesterday
- Dive in! (3/17/2017) - Take a refreshing dive into this 360° YouTube Video from The Economist. The above is a 360° YouTube video — press and hold to explore! The Economist also created a full Ocean series on Youtube. Of course, while the video is beautiful, the message is sad. Unfortunately, recent news about coral reefs has been even … Continue reading Dive in!
- Dive-in-Art (7/11/2017) - Check out this video from the Lower Keys Underwater Music Festival held last weekend. There are a ton of YouTube videos about the 33 year old fest, and here’s an article about it. Watch An Underwater Music Festival ‘Make Waves’ for Reef Protection (Florida Keys News Bureau) You might think that this event is pretty … Continue reading Dive-in-Art
- Doomed? (5/24/2017) - If you’ve been keeping up the slew of dark headlines in the news this week, then you may have seen some stories about how the Svalbard Global “Doomsday” Seed Vault is doomed, or not, according to which story you read. There were some alarmist headlines, but most of the stories were less drastic, while still … Continue reading Doomed?
- Everest (5/19/2017) - Have you ever wondered what it would be like to climb Mount Everest, but just aren’t up to doing it yourself? Well, about a year ago Sports Illustrated and Endemol Shine Beyond sent a crew to capture three hiker’s climbing Mount Everest in 360° video, and now you can experience the result. Here is a … Continue reading Everest
- Friday Fun (4/7/2017) - How about a few minutes of mindless fun? Check out these YouTube videos of old platformers re-created in the 360° format (click and drag to look around). Of course, if you are one of the very few folks who have an Oculus Rift, then you’ve probably seen Lucky’s Tale (a free launch title). If you … Continue reading Friday Fun
- Gulliver’s Gate (9/20/2017) - Remember when you read or watched Jonathan Swift’s Gulliver’s Travels (Wikipedia). Did you ever think it would be cool to see the world from the Lilliputian’s perspective? Well, now you can, and you can even take a trip around the world in 80 minutes to boot 🙂 All you have to do is visit Gulliver’s … Continue reading Gulliver’s Gate
- Heights! (8/7/2017) - A Monday morning caffeine fix is nice, but how about a serious adrenaline rush instead? In the past Cosma has taken you on rides in Coasters, Barrel Surfing and even chasing Twisters, but nothing will get your pulse going like some good old fashioned adventure at extreme heights. Luckily, there are a ton of 360° … Continue reading Heights!
- Igloos (2/21/2017) - Here’s something that’s just for the fun of it. New York has a roof top bar called 230 Fifth which is located at, you guessed it, 230 Fifth Avenue. It is a cool place year round, but it is particularly so in the wintertime because they provide igloos for the revelers who choose to land … Continue reading Igloos
- Jaws vs. Jellies? (7/28/2017) - Have you noticed that there’s a bit of a shark frenzy going on right now? Of course it is at least partly due to this being Discovery Channel’s Shark Week (Discovery, Wikipedia). The nearly 30 year old event has gotten even more notoriety than usual because of the “Michael Phelps Faster Than a Shark?” publicity … Continue reading Jaws vs. Jellies?
- KFC’s VR, Training? (8/27/2017) - Kentucky Fried Chicken (KFC) made news this week when a video of one of their supposed “VR training exercises” went viral. Words that reporters have been using to describe the experience include “wacky,” “weird” and even “creepy.” Here’s a 2 minute summary of the experience that was posted by Michelle Yan on Mashable. Here’s a … Continue reading KFC’s VR, Training?
- L.A. Noir (12/20/2016) - The New York Times has done it, again! Over the last year they have consistently released some of the classiest and most immersive 3D/360°/VR media around. Features like Takes Flight and Seeking Pluto’s Frigid Heart set production and content quality standards exceedingly high, but this time they have truly outdone themselves. The New York Times … Continue reading L.A. Noir
- LEGO Gems (1/7/2017) - The Consumer Electronics Show (CES) took over Las Vegas for the first week of January again this year, and it resulted in the usual predictable and nearly obligatory flood of “cool tech” coverage spilling out into every media outlet to scream Happy New Year to “Techies” all over the world. Somehow, though, is it just … Continue reading LEGO Gems
- Lovely Lobsters? (9/16/2017) - Hey, did you know that lobsters are cool creatures? For one thing, they come in a lot of pretty colors. In fact, the New England Aquarium even has a growing collection of rare, brightly colored lobsters. A rare yellow lobster joins New England Aquarium’s multicolored collection (Erica Yee, Boston.com) Ghostly, translucent lobster hauled from ocean … Continue reading Lovely Lobsters?
- Mars 3D (11/16/2016) - Mars is getting even more attention than usual this week, and that is “mostly” because National Geographic began airing their special six part Mars series on Monday nights (9/8c). Here’s a trailer and links about it… Virtual Trip to Mars Offers Ultimate Preview to Crewed Mission (Nadia Drake, National Geographic) Inside Nat Geo’s Incredible Documentary … Continue reading Mars 3D
- Newt’s Case (4/13/2017) - J. K. Rowling’s wizarding world is back in the news because it has been announced that Jude Law will play young Dumbledore and Johnny Depp will play the villain Grindelwald in the upcoming Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them sequel. Jude Law to Play Young Dumbledore in ‘Fantastic Beasts’ Sequel (Justin Kroll, Variety) There … Continue reading Newt’s Case
- Nouveau Cirque (6/8/2017) - Cirque du Soleil (Official Site, YouTube, Wikipedia) is the most well known example of a genre called nouveau cirque (French) or contemporary circus (English). Nouveau cirque is a genre of performing arts in which a story or a theme is conveyed through traditional circus skills. Animals are rarely used in this type of circus, and … Continue reading Nouveau Cirque
- Play-Doh (11/5/2016) - Hasbro has created a neat new take on Play-Doh with an augmented reality product called Play-Doh Touch, and it is a welcome entry into a market space that, for most consumers, has been almost completely synonymous with Pokémon Go since its release. Here are a couple of videos and articles about Hasbro’s new creation. Play-Doh … Continue reading Play-Doh
- Short & Sweet (10/13/2017) - Want a quick 10 minute break? Check out Across, a lovely bit of 360° visual narrative by Christopher W. Bailey. Want a bit more distraction? Then take another five to watch Pearl, a highly acclaimed 360° Video from Google Spotlight Stories. Beware, people have been known to cry at the end 😉 Haven’t had enough? … Continue reading Short & Sweet
- Silliness (3/24/2017) - This blog has covered numerous experiments with using 360° video to create new types of immersive narrative. There are many great examples out there now like Google’s HELP and NYT’s L.A. Noir. My favorite so far has been this video by One Republic. However, I’ve just come across a 360° video by the Naive New … Continue reading Silliness
- Start your engines! (5/26/2017) - It’s that time of year again. This isn’t just a long Memorial Day weekend — it is also time for the 101’st running of The Greatest Spectacle in Racing! In honor of this I thought it would be fun to see if there are any 360° YouTube videos that give a sense of what it’s … Continue reading Start your engines!
- Strange Things (11/12/2016) - There’s been a ton of cool stuff going on in the 3D/360°/AR/VR hardware and software universe lately, and there’s about to be even more (more on that soon). On the other hand, the 3D/360°/AR/VR content front has been “relatively” static (unless you love Halloween’esque horror, of course). When I went looking for something interesting to … Continue reading Strange Things
- Surf’s Up! (6/15/2017) - YouTube’s 360° Channel has a playlist called Surf’s Up that takes you to a variety of locations around the globe to “ride the waves.” Here’s the best of the bunch. This is a 360° YouTube video — press and hold to explore! You can see the rest and ride some more waves here… Surf’s Up … Continue reading Surf’s Up!
- The Junk Age (9/5/2017) - Check out this 360° Video by Marc-O-Matic (aka Marco P. Taco Ryan) that will take you on a two minute journey into a hauntingly dystopian, but enchanting future world. What a well-crafted cautionary tale! Find out more about predicting the future …
- The waves won! (10/4/2017) - Gravitational waves that is! It has been announced that Rainer Weiss (MIT), Barry Barish (Caltech) and Kip Thorne (Caltech) have won the 2017 2017 Nobel Prize in Physics for their decisive contributions to the LIGO detector and the first observation of gravitational waves in 2015. Here’s a quick one minute video from Newsy and a … Continue reading The waves won!
- TRAPPIST-1 (2/23/2017) - You’ve probably heard that NASA has found a trove of “Earth-like” planets circling the TRAPPIST-1 system roughly 40 light years away, but just in case you haven’t, here’s a short 2 minute AP video about the discovery. Here’s another video from NASA/JPL with more explanation. Most entertainingly, here’s a 360° YouTube Video published by NASA/JPL … Continue reading TRAPPIST-1
- Twisters! (6/26/2017) - It’s that time of year when tornadoes tend to make the news. For example, did you see the picture of the guy mowing his lawn during a tornado a few weeks ago? He claimed it wasn’t as bad as it looked, but still… Then there was also this 360° Video of a supercell taken by … Continue reading Twisters!
- Up, Up and Away (8/31/2017) - How about a ten minute break from all of the news about the epic flooding (NPR), massive asteroid (NASA) and scary politics (The Economist)? Here are some nifty 360° Videos that will take you on some fairly realistic virtual rides in hot air balloons! This first clip is from the The Golden Ring of Russia … Continue reading Up, Up and Away
- Walk-in-Art (10/29/2016) - New media artists tend to revisit and reinterpret earlier artist’s work, sometimes intentionally and with attribution, and other times not. Either way, it’s fun to compare (re)implementations. For example, here’s a cool YouTube 360° video experimenting with the idea of allowing the viewer to “walk-in” van Gogh’s Starry Night. Starry Night 360° Video (Press and … Continue reading Walk-in-Art
- Well Done, Om Nom! (10/18/2017) - Here are a couple of cute little 360° Videos for the kiddies, or kids at heart, from the nice folks at Cut the Rope. Can you find the hidden objects? This one has a cute little unexpected guest. You can find a ton more Om Nom videos on Cut the Rope’s YouTube Channel and their … Continue reading Well Done, Om Nom!
- Why not butterflies? (8/22/2017) - Now that the eclipse has passed, and we all survived with our vision intact (hopefully), it is time to get back to our regular news, right? Unfortunately, I’m not finding anything in my “go to” news feeds all that inspiring right now. Everything seems to range somewhere between the mundane and the terrifying, so I … Continue reading Why not butterflies?
These are organized by a classification scheme developed exclusively for Cosma. More…
expression : a mode, means, or use of significant representation or symbolism ; especially : felicitous or vivid indication or depiction of mood or sentiment — Webster See also Oxford, OneLook, Free Dictionary, Wiktionary, InfoPlease, Word Reference, Urban Dictionary
RSS Feeds List » Arts and Entertainment RSS Feeds List
The Three Things to Think About When Planning a...
by RSS Feeds List on October 15, 2014 at 2:54 pm
Source Twitter More on this topic. Find more on this topic here. Keywords: Backyard party, Event tent rentals, Table and chair rentals, Wedding rentals, Party tent rentals, Party rentals. […]
How to Restring Your Acoustic Guitar
by RSS Feeds List on September 18, 2014 at 7:47 am
Great link Twitter Helpful info also found here. References. Keywords: Electric guitar pedals, Prs bass, Accessories for guitars, Breedlove passport, Breedlove atlas, Paul reed smith se custom. Graphics: Share This Infographic […]
Three of the World’s Coolest Guitarists
by RSS Feeds List on September 5, 2014 at 7:59 am
Link Twitter Great references here. Learn more at this link. Keywords: 65 amps, T rex guitar pedals, T rex guitar pedals, Bitchstraps, Walrus audio pedals, Bad cat amp. Graphics: Post This Imag […]
Are You Hosting an Upcoming Wedding?
by RSS Feeds List on August 20, 2014 at 8:31 pm
Great reference Twitter Refernce materials. Refernce materials. Keywords: Wedding linen rentals, Backyard tent rentals, Wedding rentals nj, Wedding rentals, Wedding tents for rent nj, Wedding tents for rent nj. […]
How One Hamptons Town is Fighting Off Drunk...
by RSS Feeds List on July 27, 2014 at 9:42 am
Learn more Twitter Find out more at this site. More. Keywords: Table and chair rentals, Table rentals dc, Tent rentals for weddings, Party rentals maryland, Event rentals dc, Neighborhood festivals. […]