folklore : an often unsupported notion, story, or saying that is widely circulated — Webster
myth : a usually traditional story of ostensibly historical events that serves to unfold part of the world view of a people or explain a practice, belief, or natural phenomenon — Webster
legend : a story coming down from the past; especially : one popularly regarded as historical although not verifiable — Webster
Encyclopedia Mythica is a famous encyclopedia with over 6,000 entries about mythology and folklore from around the world. Includes definitions and images of many heroes, legendary creatures, gods and goddesses, and related news articles.
Folklore Bookshelf (Project Gutenberg), Folklore Portal (Wikipedia)
Mythology & Folklore (Yahoo Answers), Mythology (Infoplease),
Snopes: Urban legends, folklore, myths, rumors, and misinformation, Lost Legends (Snopes), Old Wives’ Tales (Snopes)
Snopes.com The definitive fact-checking site and reference source for urban legends, folklore, myths, rumors, and misinformation.
- Book About Holocaust Banned in Tennessee School...by AP News on January 27, 2022 at 9:26 pm
The McMinn County School Board decided Jan. 10 to remove “Maus” from its curriculum.
- Did US Truckers Join Canadian ‘Freedom...by Dan Evon on January 27, 2022 at 8:40 pm
Some 300 trucks did participate in a "Freedom Convoy" in Canada to protest COVID-19 vaccine mandates.
- Did 50,000 ‘Freedom Convoy’ Trucks Set...by Dan Evon on January 27, 2022 at 7:41 pm
The vast majority of truck drivers in Canada are vaccinated.
- Avoid These $750 Cash App Facebook Scamsby Jordan Liles on January 27, 2022 at 7:15 pm
We found dozens of the scams within seconds, all with a simple search on Facebook.
- Did Meat Loaf Once Try To Push Prince Andrew Into...by Nur Ibrahim on January 27, 2022 at 6:26 pm
The rocker had a falling out with the royal.
Here are links to pages about closely related subjects.
Entertainment Humor, Toy, Hobby, Competition (Game, Sport), Spectacle
Arts Performing, Visual (Architecture), Culinary, Language (Poem), Music, Dance
Belief Hypothesis, Forecast, Rumor, Superstition, Folklore, Faith