- Wingsuit Rush! (9/21/2018) - Hey, adrenaline junkies, how about a quick fix? Remember all of those action movies where people jump out of airplanes or off of buildings wearing wingsuits? Did you ever think it would be cool to do that for real? Well, now you can get a sense of what it would be like. Here are some … Continue reading Wingsuit Rush!
- Where’d VR Go, Again? (1/20/2018) - According to what you’re inclined to include, Virtual Reality (VR) has been the next “Big Thing” every decade or so for the last century or two (History of VR, VR Society). No matter what you include, VR has certainly been making periodic appearances on the techie’s “It” charts for the last half-century or so. When … Continue reading Where’d VR Go, Again?
- Start your engines! (5/26/2017) - It’s that time of year again. This isn’t just a long Memorial Day weekend — it is also time for the 101’st running of The Greatest Spectacle in Racing! In honor of this I thought it would be fun to see if there are any 360° YouTube videos that give a sense of what it’s … Continue reading Start your engines!
- Start your engines! (5/27/2018) - Postscript (May 28, 2018) The 102nd running of the Indy 500 has come and gone. It definitely wasn’t the most exciting race in history. Still, it was the Indy 500, so it can only be so boring. Here’s a clip that recaps the whole race in all of its glory in just three and a … Continue reading Start your engines!
- Friday Fun (4/7/2017) - How about a few minutes of mindless fun? Check out these YouTube videos of old platformers re-created in the 360° format (click and drag to look around). Of course, if you are one of the very few folks who have an Oculus Rift, then you’ve probably seen Lucky’s Tale (a free launch title). If you … Continue reading Friday Fun
- Chess on Ice (12/17/2017) - The other day I was grabbing a snack at a local sport’s pub when I noticed what struck me as an odd scene on one of the TVs. At first glance it looked like a couple of people encouraging a large, mobile Pet Rock to win a race. Of course, the sport was Curling, and … Continue reading Chess on Ice
- At the Ballpark… (8/4/2017) - Did you see that catch? If you follow baseball, then you know which one, but for those of you who don’t, check out this video of Austin Jackson’s epic catch at Fenway Park this week. Needless to say there’s a bunch of fans who are going to have to revise their Greatest Catches Videos (YouTube). … Continue reading At the Ballpark…
These are organized by a classification scheme developed exclusively for Cosma. More…
game : (a) a physical or mental competition conducted according to rules with the participants in direct opposition to each other (b) a division of a larger contest — Webster
Game is a structured form of play, usually undertaken for enjoyment and sometimes used as an educational tool. Games are distinct from work, which is usually carried out for remuneration, and from art, which is more often an expression of aesthetic or ideological elements. However, the distinction is not clear-cut, and many games are also considered to be work (such as professional players of spectator sports or games) or art (such as jigsaw puzzles or games involving an artistic layout such as Mahjong, solitaire, or some video games).
Key components of games are goals, rules, challenge, and interaction. Games generally involve mental or physical stimulation, and often both. Many games help develop practical skills, serve as a form of exercise, or otherwise perform an educational, simulational, or psychological role. — Wikipedia