(This is a 360° YouTube video — press and hold to explore!)
- 2016 ICYMI (12/30/2016) - Remember how the buzz at the beginning of the year was that 2016 would be “The Year” that immersive 3D, 360° and VR media would go mainstream? Well, did it? Is everyone you know talking about it? Well, err, in all honesty, if you are not an extreme geek and earlier adopter, probably not. If … Continue reading 2016 ICYMI
- 360° Arts Galore! (10/7/2017) - One of the goals of Cosma is to highlight the greatest immersive and interactive content available on the web, and while there are a number of interesting formats featured on the posts and pages, the majority of examples tend to be YouTube 360° Videos. In fact, there are so many great videos, it would be … Continue reading 360° Arts Galore!
- A Golden Gift (11/28/2017) - If you’re looking for a perfect gift for your favorite geek, look no further. Now you can give them a copy of the Voyager Golden Record. Up until a year ago, you couldn’t buy a copy, but in 2016 Ozma Records ran a brilliant Kickstarter campaign to issue a limited vinyl edition. The campaign was … Continue reading A Golden Gift
- Beatles Chord Teardown (11/15/2017) - I just tripped over this intriguing story about the opening chord of A Hard Day’s Night. A Hard Day’s Night: Solving a Beatles mystery with mathematics (Joel Werner, ABC News) You can hear the iconic chord at the beginning of this clip from the trailer for the movie. It turns out that there is controversy … Continue reading Beatles Chord Teardown
- Coldplay’s Cool Gadgetry (8/11/2017) - Yesterday
- Dive-in-Art (7/11/2017) - Check out this video from the Lower Keys Underwater Music Festival held last weekend. There are a ton of YouTube videos about the 33 year old fest, and here’s an article about it. Watch An Underwater Music Festival ‘Make Waves’ for Reef Protection (Florida Keys News Bureau) You might think that this event is pretty … Continue reading Dive-in-Art
- Elton’s Busy Week (2/2/2018) - Elton John’s in the news! First, he performed Tiny Dancer with Miley Cyrus at the Grammys. Then he formally announced what he says will be his final world tour entitled Farewell Yellow Brick Road. The three year tour will kick off in September, and it will include more than 300 shows across five continents. In … Continue reading Elton’s Busy Week
- Silliness (3/24/2017) - This blog has covered numerous experiments with using 360° video to create new types of immersive narrative. There are many great examples out there now like Google’s HELP and NYT’s L.A. Noir. My favorite so far has been this video by One Republic. However, I’ve just come across a 360° video by the Naive New … Continue reading Silliness
- Up, Up and Away (8/31/2017) - How about a ten minute break from all of the news about the epic flooding (NPR), massive asteroid (NASA) and scary politics (The Economist)? Here are some nifty 360° Videos that will take you on some fairly realistic virtual rides in hot air balloons! This first clip is from the The Golden Ring of Russia … Continue reading Up, Up and Away
These are organized by a classification scheme developed exclusively for Cosma. More…
music : (1) the science or art of ordering tones or sounds in succession, in combination, and in temporal relationships to produce a composition having unity and continuity (2) vocal, instrumental, or mechanical sounds having rhythm, melody, or harmony — Webster
Music is an art form and cultural activity whose medium is sound organized in time. The common elements of music are pitch (which governs melody and harmony), rhythm (and its associated concepts tempo, meter, and articulation), dynamics (loudness and softness), and the sonic qualities of timbre and texture (which are sometimes termed the “color” of a musical sound). Different styles or types of music may emphasize, de-emphasize or omit some of these elements. Music is performed with a vast range of instruments and vocal techniques ranging from singing to rapping; there are solely instrumental pieces, solely vocal pieces (such as songs without instrumental accompaniment) and pieces that combine singing and instruments. — Wikipedia
Be sure to stick around for the second half of this one!
Billboard.com Music News Billboard - Music Charts, Music News, Artist Photo Gallery & Free Video
#AlternativeFacts Podcast: BØRNS Tells His Best...
by Chris Payne on March 31, 2018 at 3:32 pm
BØRNS leads a fully-charmed life. It’s safe to say the 26-year-old troubadour is the pride of his native Grand Haven, Michigan, having... […]
Latin Grammy Nominee Yordano Asks Fans to Help...
by Billboard Venezuela on March 21, 2018 at 6:02 pm
Legendary Venezuelan-Italian singer-songwriter <a href="/music/Yordano">Yordano</a> is asking followers to support his... […]
Justin Timberlake Cancels Wednesday New York Show...
by Mackenzie Cummings-Grady on March 21, 2018 at 6:00 pm
Justin Timberlake is postponing his show at Madison Square Garden. The pop star announced via Twitter this afternoon that his show at Madison Square... […]
Denmark Vessey Is Silenced by Society in Eerie...
by Michael Saponara on March 21, 2018 at 6:00 pm
Denmark Vessey is gearing up for the release of his Sun Go Nova EP next month (April 20), comprised of five tracks of eccentric raps... […]
The 'Cabin Kitty Girls' Talk About Their Viral...
by Stephen Daw on March 21, 2018 at 5:33 pm
When a group of friends in southern Utah got together for a weekend getaway, they planned to watch the season finale of RuPaul’s Drag Race All... […]