Note: This is a 360° Video — press and hold to explore it!
- Periodic Party (2/17/2019)- Now that Valentine’s Day is over, it’s time to move on to the next celebration on the calendar. That would be the Periodic Table’s Birthday! Yes, Dmitri Mendeleev sketched his first draft of the Periodic Table of Chemical Elements on February 17, 1869. Notice that this year’s a “big one” for the Periodic Table — … Continue reading Periodic Party
- Space Rocks! (1/4/2019)- It was a fantastic holiday season for space fans! In fact, there was so much going on, it was almost impossible to keep up with it all. According to your news sources and interests, you have probably heard about at least some of the amazing things that happened, but chances are you haven’t heard about … Continue reading Space Rocks!
- Rock n’ roll, noise pollution? (7/15/2018)- Is rock and roll noise pollution? If you are a rock and roll fan, then you probably know that this is a question that AC/DC famously weighed in on in their song Rock And Roll Ain’t Noise Pollution (YouTube). If you are a language or communication expert, rock and roll fan or not, you probably … Continue reading Rock n’ roll, noise pollution?
- U2’s Tech Wizardry (5/13/2018)- If you’re fairly familiar with the band U2, then you know that they’re deeply into technology. Every time they release a new album and/or show, they’re bound to introduce some creative new techie experience to go along with it. Their new eXPERIENCE & iNNOCENCE Tour is no exception. Here’s a trailer with a glimpse of … Continue reading U2’s Tech Wizardry
- Elton’s Busy Week (2/2/2018)- Elton John’s in the news! First, he performed Tiny Dancer with Miley Cyrus at the Grammys. Then he formally announced what he says will be his final world tour entitled Farewell Yellow Brick Road. The three year tour will kick off in September, and it will include more than 300 shows across five continents. In … Continue reading Elton’s Busy Week
- A Golden Gift (11/28/2017)- If you’re looking for a perfect gift for your favorite geek, look no further. Now you can give them a copy of the Voyager Golden Record. Up until a year ago, you couldn’t buy a copy, but in 2016 Ozma Records ran a brilliant Kickstarter campaign to issue a limited vinyl edition. The campaign was … Continue reading A Golden Gift
- Beatles Chord Teardown (11/15/2017)- I just tripped over this intriguing story about the opening chord of A Hard Day’s Night. A Hard Day’s Night: Solving a Beatles mystery with mathematics (Joel Werner, ABC News) You can hear the iconic chord at the beginning of this clip from the trailer for the movie. It turns out that there is controversy … Continue reading Beatles Chord Teardown
- 360° Arts Galore! (10/7/2017)- One of the goals of Cosma is to highlight the greatest immersive and interactive content available on the web, and while there are a number of interesting formats featured on the posts and pages, the majority of examples tend to be YouTube 360° Videos. In fact, there are so many great videos, it would be … Continue reading 360° Arts Galore!
- Up, Up and Away (8/31/2017)- How about a ten minute break from all of the news about the epic flooding (NPR), massive asteroid (NASA) and scary politics (The Economist)? Here are some nifty 360° Videos that will take you on some fairly realistic virtual rides in hot air balloons! This first clip is from the The Golden Ring of Russia … Continue reading Up, Up and Away
- Coldplay’s Cool Gadgetry (8/11/2017)- Yesterday
- Dive-in-Art (7/11/2017)- Check out this video from the Lower Keys Underwater Music Festival held last weekend. There are a ton of YouTube videos about the 33 year old fest, and here’s an article about it. Watch An Underwater Music Festival ‘Make Waves’ for Reef Protection (Florida Keys News Bureau) You might think that this event is pretty … Continue reading Dive-in-Art
- Silliness (3/24/2017)- This blog has covered numerous experiments with using 360° video to create new types of immersive narrative. There are many great examples out there now like Google’s HELP and NYT’s L.A. Noir. My favorite so far has been this video by One Republic. However, I’ve just come across a 360° video by the Naive New … Continue reading Silliness
- 2016 ICYMI (12/30/2016)- Remember how the buzz at the beginning of the year was that 2016 would be “The Year” that immersive 3D, 360° and VR media would go mainstream? Well, did it? Is everyone you know talking about it? Well, err, in all honesty, if you are not an extreme geek and earlier adopter, probably not. If … Continue reading 2016 ICYMI
These are organized by a classification scheme developed exclusively for Cosma. More…
music : (1) the science or art of ordering tones or sounds in succession, in combination, and in temporal relationships to produce a composition having unity and continuity (2) vocal, instrumental, or mechanical sounds having rhythm, melody, or harmony — Webster
Music is an art form and cultural activity whose medium is sound organized in time. The common elements of music are pitch (which governs melody and harmony), rhythm (and its associated concepts tempo, meter, and articulation), dynamics (loudness and softness), and the sonic qualities of timbre and texture (which are sometimes termed the “color” of a musical sound). Different styles or types of music may emphasize, de-emphasize or omit some of these elements. Music is performed with a vast range of instruments and vocal techniques ranging from singing to rapping; there are solely instrumental pieces, solely vocal pieces (such as songs without instrumental accompaniment) and pieces that combine singing and instruments. — Wikipedia
Be sure to stick around for the second half of this one!
Billboard.com Music News Billboard - Music Charts, Music News, Artist Photo Gallery & Free Video
If Proven, Jussie Smollett Hoax Attack...
by Associated Press on February 22, 2019 at 12:33 pm
Jussie Smollett is enmeshed in weekly drama on the set of Empire, the Fox TV series that gave the actor a breakout role and the fame to advance... […]
Australians Rally Against Music Regulations, Warn...
by Lars Brandle on February 22, 2019 at 10:43 am
The vibrant festivals scene in NSW is said to be facing extinction, with a controversial set of new licensing conditions scheduled to take effect... […]
Trevor Noah Weighs In on Jussie Smollett Case:...
by The Hollywood ReporterTrilby Beresford on February 22, 2019 at 9:03 am
In response to the suggestion from Chicago Police that Empire actor Jussie Smollett falsified a police report, which is a class 4 felony charge, and... […]
'Empire' Team Debates Bringing Jussie Smollett...
by Lesley Goldberg , The Hollywood ReporterMichael O'Connell on February 22, 2019 at 8:55 am
The increasingly complicated story of Jussie Smollett’s January assault, and the mounting evidence that he staged it, has left many of those... […]
Kehlani's New Mixtape 'While We Wait' Is Here:...
by Billboard Staff on February 22, 2019 at 7:38 am
No more waiting. Kehlani has released her new mixtape, While We Wait. The Grammy-nominated R&B star’s new effort arrived at midnight on... […]
Music – Rolling Stone Music, Film, TV and Political News Coverage
Kendrick Lamar, SZA Will Not Perform ‘All the...
by Althea Legaspi on February 22, 2019 at 1:49 am
Black Panther track is the only Best Original Song nominee that will not be featured live during telecast […]
RS Daily News: Jussie Smollett Arrest; 1975 at...
by Rolling Stone on February 21, 2019 at 11:06 pm
In our daily news show, Rolling Stone’s Brittany Spanos checks in on a few of the headlines […]
New R. Kelly Accuser Claims Singer Had Sex With...
by Kory Grow on February 21, 2019 at 10:32 pm
Latresa Scaff and Rochelle Washington also claim Kelly exposed himself while they were teenagers at Baltimore party […]
Flashback: The Monkees’ Peter Tork Sings a...
by Angie Martoccio on February 21, 2019 at 10:13 pm
Watch the late musician perform his signature song off the band's second album […]
Thalía on Embracing Girl Power, Turning the...
by Suzy Exposito on February 21, 2019 at 9:39 pm
The Mexican pop icon talks her fourteenth album, Valiente and a lifetime in the limelight […]