Note: This is a 360° Video — press and hold to explore it!
- Rock n’ roll, noise pollution? (7/15/2018) - Is rock and roll noise pollution? If you are a rock and roll fan, then you probably know that this is a question that AC/DC famously weighed in on in their song Rock And Roll Ain’t Noise Pollution (YouTube). If you are a language or communication expert, rock and roll fan or not, you probably … Continue reading Rock n’ roll, noise pollution?
- U2’s Tech Wizardry (5/13/2018) - If you’re fairly familiar with the band U2, then you know that they’re deeply into technology. Every time they release a new album and/or show, they’re bound to introduce some creative new techie experience to go along with it. Their new eXPERIENCE & iNNOCENCE Tour is no exception. Here’s a trailer with a glimpse of … Continue reading U2’s Tech Wizardry
- Elton’s Busy Week (2/2/2018) - Elton John’s in the news! First, he performed Tiny Dancer with Miley Cyrus at the Grammys. Then he formally announced what he says will be his final world tour entitled Farewell Yellow Brick Road. The three year tour will kick off in September, and it will include more than 300 shows across five continents. In … Continue reading Elton’s Busy Week
- A Golden Gift (11/28/2017) - If you’re looking for a perfect gift for your favorite geek, look no further. Now you can give them a copy of the Voyager Golden Record. Up until a year ago, you couldn’t buy a copy, but in 2016 Ozma Records ran a brilliant Kickstarter campaign to issue a limited vinyl edition. The campaign was … Continue reading A Golden Gift
- Beatles Chord Teardown (11/15/2017) - I just tripped over this intriguing story about the opening chord of A Hard Day’s Night. A Hard Day’s Night: Solving a Beatles mystery with mathematics (Joel Werner, ABC News) You can hear the iconic chord at the beginning of this clip from the trailer for the movie. It turns out that there is controversy … Continue reading Beatles Chord Teardown
- 360° Arts Galore! (10/7/2017) - One of the goals of Cosma is to highlight the greatest immersive and interactive content available on the web, and while there are a number of interesting formats featured on the posts and pages, the majority of examples tend to be YouTube 360° Videos. In fact, there are so many great videos, it would be … Continue reading 360° Arts Galore!
- Up, Up and Away (8/31/2017) - How about a ten minute break from all of the news about the epic flooding (NPR), massive asteroid (NASA) and scary politics (The Economist)? Here are some nifty 360° Videos that will take you on some fairly realistic virtual rides in hot air balloons! This first clip is from the The Golden Ring of Russia … Continue reading Up, Up and Away
- Coldplay’s Cool Gadgetry (8/11/2017) - Yesterday
- Dive-in-Art (7/11/2017) - Check out this video from the Lower Keys Underwater Music Festival held last weekend. There are a ton of YouTube videos about the 33 year old fest, and here’s an article about it. Watch An Underwater Music Festival ‘Make Waves’ for Reef Protection (Florida Keys News Bureau) You might think that this event is pretty … Continue reading Dive-in-Art
- Silliness (3/24/2017) - This blog has covered numerous experiments with using 360° video to create new types of immersive narrative. There are many great examples out there now like Google’s HELP and NYT’s L.A. Noir. My favorite so far has been this video by One Republic. However, I’ve just come across a 360° video by the Naive New … Continue reading Silliness
- 2016 ICYMI (12/30/2016) - Remember how the buzz at the beginning of the year was that 2016 would be “The Year” that immersive 3D, 360° and VR media would go mainstream? Well, did it? Is everyone you know talking about it? Well, err, in all honesty, if you are not an extreme geek and earlier adopter, probably not. If … Continue reading 2016 ICYMI
These are organized by a classification scheme developed exclusively for Cosma. More…
music : (1) the science or art of ordering tones or sounds in succession, in combination, and in temporal relationships to produce a composition having unity and continuity (2) vocal, instrumental, or mechanical sounds having rhythm, melody, or harmony — Webster
Music is an art form and cultural activity whose medium is sound organized in time. The common elements of music are pitch (which governs melody and harmony), rhythm (and its associated concepts tempo, meter, and articulation), dynamics (loudness and softness), and the sonic qualities of timbre and texture (which are sometimes termed the “color” of a musical sound). Different styles or types of music may emphasize, de-emphasize or omit some of these elements. Music is performed with a vast range of instruments and vocal techniques ranging from singing to rapping; there are solely instrumental pieces, solely vocal pieces (such as songs without instrumental accompaniment) and pieces that combine singing and instruments. — Wikipedia
Be sure to stick around for the second half of this one!
Billboard.com Music News Billboard - Music Charts, Music News, Artist Photo Gallery & Free Video
Tauren Wells Dominates Dove Awards With Four Wins
by Associated Press on October 17, 2018 at 3:27 am
Christian artist Tauren Wells won four awards including new artist and contemporary Christian artist of the year at the 49th annual Gospel Music... […]
YouTube Experiences Rare Global Outage
by The Hollywood ReporterAbid Rahman on October 17, 2018 at 2:46 am
Video-sharing site YouTube experienced outages around the globe on Tuesday. Users around the world have reported videos not working, inability... […]
'The Voice' Recap: Two Steals on Second Night of...
by The Hollywood ReporterKayla Kumari Upadhyaya on October 17, 2018 at 2:38 am
The Battle Round continued Tuesday night on NBC's The Voice season 15, with coaches Kelly Clarkson, Jennifer Hudson, Blake Shelton and Adam... […]
Music Industry Is Missing Out on $2.65B a Year...
by Colin Stutz on October 17, 2018 at 2:12 am
The music industry is missing out on $2.65 billion annually due to businesses using personal music services in their storefronts, according to a... […]
Ariana Grande Delivers Explosive 'The Wizard and...
by Rania Aniftos on October 17, 2018 at 1:25 am
Ariana Grande isn't letting anxiety hold her back. Hours after the songstress posted a selfie of herself in emerald green makeup, she took... […]
Music – Rolling Stone Music, Film, TV and Political News Coverage
Bono, Pharrell, Michael Stipe Contribute to...
by Jon Blistein on October 17, 2018 at 2:16 am
The National, Laurie Anderson also pay tribute to Sophie Calle's late feline, Souris […]
U.S. Girls, Tune-Yards in Conversation: Watch Live
by Simon Vozick-Levinson on October 17, 2018 at 1:15 am
Rolling Stone presents a special Q&A on art and commercialism between the two art-pop auteurs […]
Watch Cardi B, T.I. Take Over 2018 BET Hip-Hop...
by Jon Blistein on October 17, 2018 at 1:07 am
Annual show boasts performance from A$AP Rocky, YG […]
What’s Up With Kanye’s MAGA Adventure?
by Brian Hiattt on October 16, 2018 at 10:45 pm
Rolling Stone Music Now podcast explores Taylor Swift's political statement, and Kanye West's MAGA-hat superpowers […]
Hear Thom Yorke’s Chilly New Song for Greenpeace
by Kory Grow on October 16, 2018 at 9:58 pm
"Hands Off the Antarctic" is featured on the environmental organization's latest playlist […]