Note: This is a 360° Video — press and hold to explore it!
- 360+Fun=Philharmonics (10/25/2019) - I came across a fun find on my weekly fishing expedition for 360° videos, and I’m sure you’ll agree that it’s a fairly unusual publicity stunt. Here’s the London Philharmonic Orchestra’s recent performance of Borodin whilst inside a passenger capsule on the London Eye. It was intended to promote their 2019-20 Season. It was an … Continue reading 360+Fun=Philharmonics
- Talented Greenery (10/18/2019) - Check out this minute long 360° video from Genesis Visual Studios. Peaceful, isn’t it? The bees are busily buzzing about, but the plants aren’t doing much, right? Well, those plants are up to a LOT more than they look like they are in the video. Now, you’re probably thinking, yeah, right. They can move towards … Continue reading Talented Greenery
- Yellow Submarines (6/21/2019) - My last post was about an adventure with seals doing science in Antarctica. This adventure begins where that one left off, but this is a very different, and fun excursion that happened because Boaty McBoatface surfaced in my news feed. In case you never heard of him, Boaty’s a submarine that got his name via … Continue reading Yellow Submarines
- Musical Mischief (5/17/2019) - Serendipity plays a hand in these posts — more often than not one post leads to another. This is one of those times. The last post about Furby Hacking left me itching to explore another Road Not Taken. It turned out that Sam Battle’s odd creation, Furby Organ, led YouTube to suggest all sorts of … Continue reading Musical Mischief
- St. Paddy’s Day Jaunt (3/15/2019) - Yeah, it’s finally time to see some green around here — the official start of Spring is next week, and this Sunday is St. Patrick’s Day! Last year around this time I did a post about the history of St. Patrick’s Day, various related festivities and Jimmy Fallon’s humorous take on it. That post is … Continue reading St. Paddy’s Day Jaunt
- Super Sexy, Singing Mice (3/7/2019) - It’s not often that mice sneak into the news, but they’ve gotten into it a lot lately. The story that’s gotten the most attention is about how researchers created “super mice” by injecting nanoparticles into their eyes to give them “night vision.” Here’s a video and links to the stories about that research. A shot … Continue reading Super Sexy, Singing Mice
- Periodic Party (2/17/2019) - Now that Valentine’s Day is over, it’s time to move on to the next celebration on the calendar. That would be the Periodic Table’s Birthday! Yes, Dmitri Mendeleev sketched his first draft of the Periodic Table of Chemical Elements on February 17, 1869. Notice that this year’s a “big one” for the Periodic Table — … Continue reading Periodic Party
- Space Rocks! (1/4/2019) - It was a fantastic holiday season for space fans! In fact, there was so much going on, it was almost impossible to keep up with it all. According to your news sources and interests, you have probably heard about at least some of the amazing things that happened, but chances are you haven’t heard about … Continue reading Space Rocks!
- Rock n’ roll, noise pollution? (7/15/2018) - Is rock and roll noise pollution? If you are a rock and roll fan, then you probably know that this is a question that AC/DC famously weighed in on in their song Rock And Roll Ain’t Noise Pollution (YouTube). If you are a language or communication expert, rock and roll fan or not, you probably … Continue reading Rock n’ roll, noise pollution?
- U2’s Tech Wizardry (5/13/2018) - If you’re fairly familiar with the band U2, then you know that they’re deeply into technology. Every time they release a new album and/or show, they’re bound to introduce some creative new techie experience to go along with it. Their new eXPERIENCE & iNNOCENCE Tour is no exception. Here’s a trailer with a glimpse of … Continue reading U2’s Tech Wizardry
- Elton’s Busy Week (2/2/2018) - Elton John’s in the news! First, he performed Tiny Dancer with Miley Cyrus at the Grammys. Then he formally announced what he says will be his final world tour entitled Farewell Yellow Brick Road. The three year tour will kick off in September, and it will include more than 300 shows across five continents. In … Continue reading Elton’s Busy Week
- A Golden Gift (11/28/2017) - If you’re looking for a perfect gift for your favorite geek, look no further. Now you can give them a copy of the Voyager Golden Record. Up until a year ago, you couldn’t buy a copy, but in 2016 Ozma Records ran a brilliant Kickstarter campaign to issue a limited vinyl edition. The campaign was … Continue reading A Golden Gift
- Beatles Chord Teardown (11/15/2017) - I just tripped over this intriguing story about the opening chord of A Hard Day’s Night. A Hard Day’s Night: Solving a Beatles mystery with mathematics (Joel Werner, ABC News) You can hear the iconic chord at the beginning of this clip from the trailer for the movie. It turns out that there is controversy … Continue reading Beatles Chord Teardown
- 360° Arts Galore! (10/7/2017) - One of the goals of Cosma is to highlight the greatest immersive and interactive content available on the web, and while there are a number of interesting formats featured on the posts and pages, the majority of examples tend to be YouTube 360° Videos. In fact, there are so many great videos, it would be … Continue reading 360° Arts Galore!
- Up, Up and Away (8/31/2017) - How about a ten minute break from all of the news about the epic flooding (NPR), massive asteroid (NASA) and scary politics (The Economist)? Here are some nifty 360° Videos that will take you on some fairly realistic virtual rides in hot air balloons! This first clip is from the The Golden Ring of Russia … Continue reading Up, Up and Away
- Coldplay’s Cool Gadgetry (8/11/2017) - Yesterday
- Dive-in-Art (7/11/2017) - Check out this video from the Lower Keys Underwater Music Festival held last weekend. There are a ton of YouTube videos about the 33 year old fest, and here’s an article about it. Watch An Underwater Music Festival ‘Make Waves’ for Reef Protection (Florida Keys News Bureau) You might think that this event is pretty … Continue reading Dive-in-Art
- Silliness (3/24/2017) - This blog has covered numerous experiments with using 360° video to create new types of immersive narrative. There are many great examples out there now like Google’s HELP and NYT’s L.A. Noir. My favorite so far has been this video by One Republic. However, I’ve just come across a 360° video by the Naive New … Continue reading Silliness
- 2016 ICYMI (12/30/2016) - Remember how the buzz at the beginning of the year was that 2016 would be “The Year” that immersive 3D, 360° and VR media would go mainstream? Well, did it? Is everyone you know talking about it? Well, err, in all honesty, if you are not an extreme geek and earlier adopter, probably not. If … Continue reading 2016 ICYMI
These are organized by a classification scheme developed exclusively for Cosma. More…
music : (1) the science or art of ordering tones or sounds in succession, in combination, and in temporal relationships to produce a composition having unity and continuity (2) vocal, instrumental, or mechanical sounds having rhythm, melody, or harmony — Webster
Music is an art form and cultural activity whose medium is sound organized in time. The common elements of music are pitch (which governs melody and harmony), rhythm (and its associated concepts tempo, meter, and articulation), dynamics (loudness and softness), and the sonic qualities of timbre and texture (which are sometimes termed the “color” of a musical sound). Different styles or types of music may emphasize, de-emphasize or omit some of these elements. Music is performed with a vast range of instruments and vocal techniques ranging from singing to rapping; there are solely instrumental pieces, solely vocal pieces (such as songs without instrumental accompaniment) and pieces that combine singing and instruments. — Wikipedia
Be sure to stick around for the second half of this one!
Billboard.com Music News Billboard - Music Charts, Music News, Artist Photo Gallery & Free Video
Westlife's 'Spectrum' Takes Massive Lead on...
by Lars Brandle on November 20, 2019 at 7:03 am
Westlife are enjoying a new chart life in the U.K., where the veteran boy band is on track for a first chart leader for more than a decade. The...
Tones And I Receives Standing Ovation With 'Dance...
by Lars Brandle on November 20, 2019 at 6:05 am
Tones And I is a record-breaking artist going where no one has gone before. On Monday night (Nov. 18), the Aussie singer went somewhere...
Joana Martinez Channels 'Superwoman' In...
by Billboard Staff on November 20, 2019 at 4:28 am
There was action, drama and, of course, intense singing on an eliminations night of The Voice. Indeed, the contestants were singing for their reality...
SuperM, BoA Set for 2020 Global Goal Event In...
by Associated Press on November 20, 2019 at 4:06 am
K-pop supergroup SuperM and singer BoA will perform at a Global Citizen event in Asia as part of a massive multi-continent concert next year. The...
'The Voice' Recap: Top 11 Revealed
by The Hollywood ReporterKayla Kumari Upadhyaya on November 20, 2019 at 3:54 am
Two artists went home after an eliminations episode of NBC's The Voice season 17 on Tuesday night. After the vote, 10 artists automatically...
Music Music, Film, TV and Political News Coverage
Wilco Plot 2020 Spring Tour
by Jon Blistein on November 19, 2019 at 8:34 pm
Band shares new clip for Ode to Joy track "Before Us"
The Rolling Stone Interview: The Black Keys
by Angie Martoccio on November 19, 2019 at 8:31 pm
In our video interview, Dan Auerbach and Patrick Carney confirm their 2020 tour, discuss hating pop music and their "misunderstanding" with Jack White
Ashley McBryde Slates 2020 ‘One Night Standards...
by Joseph Hudak on November 19, 2019 at 7:47 pm
CMA New Artist of the Year will headline a winter run
Mandy Moore Announces 2020 North American Tour
by Claire Shaffer on November 19, 2019 at 6:08 pm
Tickets go on sale Friday, November 22nd
Flashback: Motley Crue Sign ‘Cessation of...
by Andy Greene on November 19, 2019 at 5:53 pm
"We want to have some dignity," Nikki Sixx told the press before signing a contract pledging that the group would never tour again