Note: This is a 360° Video — press and hold to explore it!
- Rock n’ roll, noise pollution? (7/15/2018) - Is rock and roll noise pollution? If you are a rock and roll fan, then you probably know that this is a question that AC/DC famously weighed in on in their song Rock And Roll Ain’t Noise Pollution (YouTube). If you are a language or communication expert, rock and roll fan or not, you probably … Continue reading Rock n’ roll, noise pollution?
- U2’s Tech Wizardry (5/13/2018) - If you’re fairly familiar with the band U2, then you know that they’re deeply into technology. Every time they release a new album and/or show, they’re bound to introduce some creative new techie experience to go along with it. Their new eXPERIENCE & iNNOCENCE Tour is no exception. Here’s a trailer with a glimpse of … Continue reading U2’s Tech Wizardry
- Elton’s Busy Week (2/2/2018) - Elton John’s in the news! First, he performed Tiny Dancer with Miley Cyrus at the Grammys. Then he formally announced what he says will be his final world tour entitled Farewell Yellow Brick Road. The three year tour will kick off in September, and it will include more than 300 shows across five continents. In … Continue reading Elton’s Busy Week
- A Golden Gift (11/28/2017) - If you’re looking for a perfect gift for your favorite geek, look no further. Now you can give them a copy of the Voyager Golden Record. Up until a year ago, you couldn’t buy a copy, but in 2016 Ozma Records ran a brilliant Kickstarter campaign to issue a limited vinyl edition. The campaign was … Continue reading A Golden Gift
- Beatles Chord Teardown (11/15/2017) - I just tripped over this intriguing story about the opening chord of A Hard Day’s Night. A Hard Day’s Night: Solving a Beatles mystery with mathematics (Joel Werner, ABC News) You can hear the iconic chord at the beginning of this clip from the trailer for the movie. It turns out that there is controversy … Continue reading Beatles Chord Teardown
- 360° Arts Galore! (10/7/2017) - One of the goals of Cosma is to highlight the greatest immersive and interactive content available on the web, and while there are a number of interesting formats featured on the posts and pages, the majority of examples tend to be YouTube 360° Videos. In fact, there are so many great videos, it would be … Continue reading 360° Arts Galore!
- Up, Up and Away (8/31/2017) - How about a ten minute break from all of the news about the epic flooding (NPR), massive asteroid (NASA) and scary politics (The Economist)? Here are some nifty 360° Videos that will take you on some fairly realistic virtual rides in hot air balloons! This first clip is from the The Golden Ring of Russia … Continue reading Up, Up and Away
- Coldplay’s Cool Gadgetry (8/11/2017) - Yesterday
- Dive-in-Art (7/11/2017) - Check out this video from the Lower Keys Underwater Music Festival held last weekend. There are a ton of YouTube videos about the 33 year old fest, and here’s an article about it. Watch An Underwater Music Festival ‘Make Waves’ for Reef Protection (Florida Keys News Bureau) You might think that this event is pretty … Continue reading Dive-in-Art
- Silliness (3/24/2017) - This blog has covered numerous experiments with using 360° video to create new types of immersive narrative. There are many great examples out there now like Google’s HELP and NYT’s L.A. Noir. My favorite so far has been this video by One Republic. However, I’ve just come across a 360° video by the Naive New … Continue reading Silliness
- 2016 ICYMI (12/30/2016) - Remember how the buzz at the beginning of the year was that 2016 would be “The Year” that immersive 3D, 360° and VR media would go mainstream? Well, did it? Is everyone you know talking about it? Well, err, in all honesty, if you are not an extreme geek and earlier adopter, probably not. If … Continue reading 2016 ICYMI
These are organized by a classification scheme developed exclusively for Cosma. More…
music : (1) the science or art of ordering tones or sounds in succession, in combination, and in temporal relationships to produce a composition having unity and continuity (2) vocal, instrumental, or mechanical sounds having rhythm, melody, or harmony — Webster
Music is an art form and cultural activity whose medium is sound organized in time. The common elements of music are pitch (which governs melody and harmony), rhythm (and its associated concepts tempo, meter, and articulation), dynamics (loudness and softness), and the sonic qualities of timbre and texture (which are sometimes termed the “color” of a musical sound). Different styles or types of music may emphasize, de-emphasize or omit some of these elements. Music is performed with a vast range of instruments and vocal techniques ranging from singing to rapping; there are solely instrumental pieces, solely vocal pieces (such as songs without instrumental accompaniment) and pieces that combine singing and instruments. — Wikipedia
Be sure to stick around for the second half of this one!
Billboard.com Music News Billboard - Music Charts, Music News, Artist Photo Gallery & Free Video
Late-Night Hosts Remember Aretha Franklin
by The Hollywood Reporter on August 17, 2018 at 9:59 am
After news broke that Aretha Franklin had died at 76 years old on Thursday, late-night hosts commemorated the soul singer during their shows later in... […]
Young Thug's 'Slime Language' Project Has...
by Billboard Staff on August 17, 2018 at 9:16 am
Young Thug's Slime Language slipped out overnight. The mixtape features assists from Lil Baby, Lil Uzi Vert, Gunna, Jacquees, Tracy T ... […]
Calvin Harris and Sam Smith Drop Steamy New...
by Billboard Staff on August 17, 2018 at 8:40 am
The Brits are coming! Nix that, the Brits are here! EDM star Calvin Harris teams up with soul man Sam Smith on “Promises,” a sweltering,... […]
Prince's 23 Catalog Albums From 1995 to 2010 Are...
by Lars Brandle on August 17, 2018 at 7:09 am
Prince’s works just got a royal rollout. A raft of the late artist’s albums from the years 1995-2010 have dropped in full across... […]
Ariana Grande Pays Tribute to Aretha Franklin...
by Billboard Staff on August 17, 2018 at 5:40 am
Ariana Grande was the musical guest on The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon on Thursday night, where she paid tribute to Aretha Franklin, who died... […]
Music – Rolling Stone Music, Film, TV and Political News Coverage
See Janet Jackson, Daddy Yankee Dance in the...
by Althea Legaspi on August 17, 2018 at 4:33 am
Single is first new music singer has released since 2015 album, 'Unbreakable' […]
See Ariana Grande, the Roots’ Moving Rendition...
by Althea Legaspi on August 17, 2018 at 4:02 am
Tribute comes on eve of singer's 'Sweetener' releas […]
Phish Cancel Curveball Festival Scheduled for...
by Althea Legaspi on August 17, 2018 at 3:05 am
"We were told the heartbreaking news that due to unsafe water conditions in the Village of Watkins Glen, our beloved festival is being canceled," band says […]
Bonnie Raitt on Aretha Franklin: ‘The Most...
by patrickdoyle14 on August 16, 2018 at 9:45 pm
How the Queen of Soul shaped Raitt's musical identity – and taught her how to deal with love and betraya […]
The Time Aretha Shocked Solomon Burke Onstage
by Christian Hoard on August 16, 2018 at 9:01 pm
Inside the surprise 2005 duet that author and musician Warren Zanes says may be "the deepest musical moment I've ever witnessed" […]