- Play-Doh (11/5/2016) - Hasbro has created a neat new take on Play-Doh with an augmented reality product called Play-Doh Touch, and it is a welcome entry into a market space that, for most consumers, has been almost completely synonymous with Pokémon Go since its release. Here are a couple of videos and articles about Hasbro’s new creation. Play-Doh … Continue reading Play-Doh
- LEGO Gems (1/7/2017) - The Consumer Electronics Show (CES) took over Las Vegas for the first week of January again this year, and it resulted in the usual predictable and nearly obligatory flood of “cool tech” coverage spilling out into every media outlet to scream Happy New Year to “Techies” all over the world. Somehow, though, is it just … Continue reading LEGO Gems
- Gulliver’s Gate (9/20/2017) - Remember when you read or watched Jonathan Swift’s Gulliver’s Travels (Wikipedia). Did you ever think it would be cool to see the world from the Lilliputian’s perspective? Well, now you can, and you can even take a trip around the world in 80 minutes to boot 🙂 All you have to do is visit Gulliver’s … Continue reading Gulliver’s Gate
- Creepy Old Bots (10/26/2018) - Before there were robots, there were automata. Automata are old-fashioned robot like contraptions, and they tend to make the news from time to time. The latest example is this 360° video featurette from the BBC about The House of Automata. Personally, I found the creatures in the video a bit creepy, and it turns out … Continue reading Creepy Old Bots
- Best cat toy? (7/21/2017) - This site doesn’t usually deal in silly internet memes (list) like cute cat videos, but it is Friday, and this character on YouTube called FlippyCat went and posted this awesome 360° Video. If the think the dominoes art part is cool, and you want to waste more time, head on over and check out the … Continue reading Best cat toy?
These are organized by a classification scheme developed exclusively for Cosma. More…
Toy is any object that can be used for play. Toys are usually associated with children and pets. Playing with toys is training the young for their social role. Many items are designed to serve as toys, but goods produced for other purposes can also be used. For instance, a small child may pick up a household item and “fly” it through the air as to pretend that it is an airplane. Another consideration is interactive digital entertainment, such as a video game. Some toys are produced primarily as collector’s items and are intended for display only. — Wikipedia
ToyNews Feed The latest news from ToyNews.
Barclaycard and Smyths Toys launch the Big Kids...
on January 11, 2018 at 10:12 am
Barclaycard and Smyths toy are staving off the January blues with the opening of the Big Kids Aisle at the retailer’s London Staples Corner store. Tapping into the kidult population and in response to research from Barclaycard that discovered 72 per cent of adults described themselves as a big kid, the Big Kids Aisle will be filled with retro classics such as Tamagotchis, Teddy Ruxpin and LEGO. Specially for the aisle, life-sized board games and adult versions of kids’ toys such as […]
Wilton Bradley to host YoYo world record attempt...
on January 11, 2018 at 9:00 am
Wilton Bradley is to host a world record attempt with professional YoYoer, Hans "YoHans" Van Dan Elzen at their stand at this year's London Toy Fair, the firm has announced. YoHans was a driving force behind the massive yo-yo craze twenty years ago with numerous TV appearances and live tours. In 2003, Hans launched YoYoFactory (distributed by Wilton Bradley), a yo-yo brand with a focus on creating unique patented technology that would make playing with a yo-yo a more enjoyable experience […]
Smart Toys & Games sales rocket following...
on January 10, 2018 at 3:00 pm
Smart Toys and Games’ popular range of IQ travel games have entered a number of World Duty Free stores across the UK’s largest airports. The collection of brain teaser travel games, which include IQ Fit, IQ Link, IQ Puzzler Pro, IQ Twist and IQ XOXO can now be found in the World Duty Free stores across 16 UK airports including London Heathrow, London Gatwick and Birmingham. They will also be available at Eurotunnel stores as the new deal takes the Smart Toys and Games brand […]
Thomas & Friends to air seven days a week on...
on January 10, 2018 at 2:56 pm
Youngsters can now enjoy a daily dose of fun and adventures with their favourite tank engine as Thomas & Friends is to begin airing seven days a week on Channel 5's Milkshake. The show will be viewable on weekdays at 6:50am and weekends at 7:00am. Series 21, the latest series which launched last year, sees Thomas and his fellow engines embark on a new series of exciting journeys. In 2017, Thomas & Friends reached a total of 4.8 million viewers including 1.4 […]
Sesame Street Nod collection debuts
on January 10, 2018 at 2:43 pm
Sesame Workshop has partnered with leader in design and home furnishings for families, The Land of Nod, for a range of Sesame Street decor, playroom furniture, bedding, apparel, backpacks, and toys. The co-designed products bring to life Sesame Street’s beloved Muppet characters through the vintage and artisanal design elements that The Land of Nod is known for. Each piece embodies the furry fun of Sesame Street—capturing the energetic spirit of kids while […]