- Wingsuit Rush! (9/21/2018) - Hey, adrenaline junkies, how about a quick fix? Remember all of those action movies where people jump out of airplanes or off of buildings wearing wingsuits? Did you ever think it would be cool to do that for real? Well, now you can get a sense of what it would be like. Here are some … Continue reading Wingsuit Rush!
- Super Bowl Frivolities (2/1/2019) - You probably know that the Super Bowl is this Sunday. This year the Patriots will be taking on the LA Rams in Atlanta. While I realize that it might be a touchy subject, I happen to live near Boston. Needless to say, I’m seeing my fair share of local coverage, again 😉 While there’s plenty … Continue reading Super Bowl Frivolities
- Start your engines! (5/26/2017) - It’s that time of year again. This isn’t just a long Memorial Day weekend — it is also time for the 101’st running of The Greatest Spectacle in Racing! In honor of this I thought it would be fun to see if there are any 360° YouTube videos that give a sense of what it’s … Continue reading Start your engines!
- Start your engines! (5/27/2018) - Postscript (May 28, 2018) The 102nd running of the Indy 500 has come and gone. It definitely wasn’t the most exciting race in history. Still, it was the Indy 500, so it can only be so boring. Here’s a clip that recaps the whole race in all of its glory in just three and a … Continue reading Start your engines!
- Go for a fly! (1/17/2019) - Want a quick break? Why go for a walk or coffee when you go for a fly instead? Here are some short 360° videos that will have you soaring like a bird in a jiffy! This first video from The New York Times Daily 360 will take you paragliding over Peru. Next, this video from … Continue reading Go for a fly!
- Extreme Biking, Artfully! (4/12/2019) - This week I came across something that I thought was fairly unique. There is a Scottish BMX rider by the name of Kriss Kyle that has elevated his extreme biking into an art. Here’s a video published by Red Bull that starts out with a brief introduction to the young man and then transitions into … Continue reading Extreme Biking, Artfully!
- Chess on Ice (12/17/2017) - The other day I was grabbing a snack at a local sport’s pub when I noticed what struck me as an odd scene on one of the TVs. At first glance it looked like a couple of people encouraging a large, mobile Pet Rock to win a race. Of course, the sport was Curling, and … Continue reading Chess on Ice
- At the Ballpark… (8/4/2017) - Did you see that catch? If you follow baseball, then you know which one, but for those of you who don’t, check out this video of Austin Jackson’s epic catch at Fenway Park this week. Needless to say there’s a bunch of fans who are going to have to revise their Greatest Catches Videos (YouTube). … Continue reading At the Ballpark…
These are organized by a classification scheme developed exclusively for Cosma. More…
Sports are all usually forms of competitive physical activity or games which, through casual or organized participation, aim to use, maintain or improve physical ability and skills while providing enjoyment to participants, and in some cases, entertainment for spectators. Usually the contest or game is between two sides, each attempting to exceed the other. Some sports allow a tie game; others provide tie-breaking methods, to ensure one winner and one loser. A number of such two-sided contests may be arranged in a tournament producing a champion. Many sports leagues make an annual champion by arranging games in a regular sports season, followed in some cases by playoffs. Hundreds of sports exist, from those between single contestants, through to those with hundreds of simultaneous participants, either in teams or competing as individuals. In certain sports such as racing, many contestants may compete, each against each other, with one winner. — Wikipedia
Report: The Open to be canceled due to virus
on April 2, 2020 at 4:33 am
The Open Championship scheduled to begin July 16 at Royal St. George's will be canceled because of the coronavirus pandemic, Golf Digest reports.
Ferguson calls for Khabib to be stripped of title
on April 2, 2020 at 3:34 am
With Khabib Nurmagomedov in quarantine and essentially out of UFC 249, his would-be opponent, Tony Ferguson, said he thinks the lightweight champion is "scared and running."
Cowboys sign DE Smith, out of NFL since 2015
on April 2, 2020 at 3:09 am
Former 49ers and Raiders defensive end Aldon Smith, who hasn't played in the NFL since 2015, has agreed to a one-year deal with the Cowboys that is worth up to $4 million, sources told ESPN.
NFLPA: Reid's CBA claim 'completely false'
on April 2, 2020 at 2:53 am
In a letter to its membership, the NFL Players Association said a claim by attorneys for Eric Reid that last month's vote on the league's new CBA should be invalidated by a change in language was "completely false."
Cardinals' Chase Edmonds leads Suns to 2K victory
on April 2, 2020 at 2:21 am
In the 10th Phoenix Suns game simulation, the Arizona Cardinals' Chase Edmonds led the NBA 2K team to victory over Miami Dolphins DE Shaq Lawson and the Oklahoma City Thunder.
A year in the life of Bugha, the Fortnite World...
on April 2, 2020 at 2:17 am
Kyle "Bugha" Giersdorf went from a typical suburban kid to a millionaire at last year's Fortnite World Cup, and life has changed for him even more since then.
Tony Ferguson vs. Justin Gaethje main event might...
on April 2, 2020 at 1:44 am
If Tony Ferguson accepts Justin Gaethje as the replacement for Khabib Nurmagomedov, who has the edge? Our panel discusses.
The magic of Wimbledon lives on even without play...
on April 2, 2020 at 12:11 am
The cancellation of Wimbledon due to the coronavirus pandemic reminds us of what we will miss most about All England Club's ambiance.
Ravens' Lamar Jackson working out with AB
on April 1, 2020 at 9:51 pm
Ravens quarterback Lamar Jackson worked out with free-agent receiver Antonio Brown.
Choo gifting funds to Rangers minor leaguers
on April 1, 2020 at 8:50 pm
Veteran Shin-Soo Choo is giving $1,000 each to 191 players in the Rangers' farm system.