- Wingsuit Rush! (9/21/2018) - Hey, adrenaline junkies, how about a quick fix? Remember all of those action movies where people jump out of airplanes or off of buildings wearing wingsuits? Did you ever think it would be cool to do that for real? Well, now you can get a sense of what it would be like. Here are some … Continue reading Wingsuit Rush!
- Super Bowl Frivolities (2/1/2019) - You probably know that the Super Bowl is this Sunday. This year the Patriots will be taking on the LA Rams in Atlanta. While I realize that it might be a touchy subject, I happen to live near Boston. Needless to say, I’m seeing my fair share of local coverage, again 😉 While there’s plenty … Continue reading Super Bowl Frivolities
- Start your engines! (5/26/2017) - It’s that time of year again. This isn’t just a long Memorial Day weekend — it is also time for the 101’st running of The Greatest Spectacle in Racing! In honor of this I thought it would be fun to see if there are any 360° YouTube videos that give a sense of what it’s … Continue reading Start your engines!
- Start your engines! (5/27/2018) - Postscript (May 28, 2018) The 102nd running of the Indy 500 has come and gone. It definitely wasn’t the most exciting race in history. Still, it was the Indy 500, so it can only be so boring. Here’s a clip that recaps the whole race in all of its glory in just three and a … Continue reading Start your engines!
- Go for a fly! (1/17/2019) - Want a quick break? Why go for a walk or coffee when you go for a fly instead? Here are some short 360° videos that will have you soaring like a bird in a jiffy! This first video from The New York Times Daily 360 will take you paragliding over Peru. Next, this video from … Continue reading Go for a fly!
- Extreme Biking, Artfully! (4/12/2019) - This week I came across something that I thought was fairly unique. There is a Scottish BMX rider by the name of Kriss Kyle that has elevated his extreme biking into an art. Here’s a video published by Red Bull that starts out with a brief introduction to the young man and then transitions into … Continue reading Extreme Biking, Artfully!
- Chess on Ice (12/17/2017) - The other day I was grabbing a snack at a local sport’s pub when I noticed what struck me as an odd scene on one of the TVs. At first glance it looked like a couple of people encouraging a large, mobile Pet Rock to win a race. Of course, the sport was Curling, and … Continue reading Chess on Ice
- At the Ballpark… (8/4/2017) - Did you see that catch? If you follow baseball, then you know which one, but for those of you who don’t, check out this video of Austin Jackson’s epic catch at Fenway Park this week. Needless to say there’s a bunch of fans who are going to have to revise their Greatest Catches Videos (YouTube). … Continue reading At the Ballpark…
These are organized by a classification scheme developed exclusively for Cosma. More…
Sports are all usually forms of competitive physical activity or games which, through casual or organized participation, aim to use, maintain or improve physical ability and skills while providing enjoyment to participants, and in some cases, entertainment for spectators. Usually the contest or game is between two sides, each attempting to exceed the other. Some sports allow a tie game; others provide tie-breaking methods, to ensure one winner and one loser. A number of such two-sided contests may be arranged in a tournament producing a champion. Many sports leagues make an annual champion by arranging games in a regular sports season, followed in some cases by playoffs. Hundreds of sports exist, from those between single contestants, through to those with hundreds of simultaneous participants, either in teams or competing as individuals. In certain sports such as racing, many contestants may compete, each against each other, with one winner. — Wikipedia
www.espn.com - TOP Latest TOP news from www.espn.com
Sources: Cole to join Yankees for 9 years, $324M
on December 11, 2019 at 7:44 am
Gerrit Cole and the Yankees have agreed to a nine-year, $324 million contract that surpasses the deal Stephen Strasburg finalized with the Nats for most total money and annual average salary for a pitcher, sources told ESPN.
Heat stun Hawks after Young proclaims 'it's over'
on December 11, 2019 at 6:17 am
The Heat stormed back to stun the Hawks 135-121 in overtime on Tuesday, after Trae Young proclaimed, "It's over!" after Atlanta took a six-point lead with less than a minute left in regulation.
Tiger-Thomas pairing to kick off Presidents Cup
on December 11, 2019 at 5:52 am
Tiger Woods and Justin Thomas will open the Presidents Cup against the International team of Marc Leishman and Joaquin Niemann at Royal Melbourne.
NAIA guard Culver erupts for 100-point game
on December 11, 2019 at 4:15 am
J.J. Culver, a senior guard for Wayland Baptist in the NAIA, became just second player in NAIA history to score 100 points, reaching the magical mark in his team's 124-60 rout over SW Adventist on Tuesday night.
Liverpool still the Champions League team to beat
on December 10, 2019 at 10:58 pm
Liverpool have one trophy in the bag and are dominating the Premier League. Could they win five or six? Don't write them off, writes Mark Ogden.
Source: Phillies, SS Gregorius reach 1-year deal
on December 10, 2019 at 10:51 pm
The Phillies have reached agreement with former Yankees shortstop Didi Gregorius on a one-year deal, a source confirmed to ESPN's Buster Olney. The deal is for $14 million, NBC Sports Philadelphia reported.
Bell brushes off bowling trip, says he rolled a...
on December 10, 2019 at 6:58 pm
Le'Veon Bell said Tuesday that although he wishes he hadn't been seen bowling in public on Saturday night, he doesn't "feel bad about what I did," noting that he bowled a career-high 251 "coming off the flu."
Fantasy intel for all 32 NFL teams ahead of Week...
on December 10, 2019 at 3:23 pm
From Chris Carson to Michael Gallup, Mike Clay has the info you need to make fantasy football decisions for Week 15.
Week 15 Power Rankings: 1-32 poll, plus offense,...
on December 10, 2019 at 1:32 pm
Want to know why your team is slated where it is in the NFL Power Rankings? We're using FPI rankings to tell that tale this week.
Best, worst NFL QBs of Week 14: Time to get...
on December 10, 2019 at 1:31 pm
Is Aaron Rodgers to blame? Is Drew Lock for real? Let's hand out Week 14 QB awards.