- Wingsuit Rush! (9/21/2018) - Hey, adrenaline junkies, how about a quick fix? Remember all of those action movies where people jump out of airplanes or off of buildings wearing wingsuits? Did you ever think it would be cool to do that for real? Well, now you can get a sense of what it would be like. Here are some … Continue reading Wingsuit Rush!
- Super Bowl Frivolities (2/1/2019) - You probably know that the Super Bowl is this Sunday. This year the Patriots will be taking on the LA Rams in Atlanta. While I realize that it might be a touchy subject, I happen to live near Boston. Needless to say, I’m seeing my fair share of local coverage, again 😉 While there’s plenty … Continue reading Super Bowl Frivolities
- Start your engines! (5/26/2017) - It’s that time of year again. This isn’t just a long Memorial Day weekend — it is also time for the 101’st running of The Greatest Spectacle in Racing! In honor of this I thought it would be fun to see if there are any 360° YouTube videos that give a sense of what it’s … Continue reading Start your engines!
- Start your engines! (5/27/2018) - Postscript (May 28, 2018) The 102nd running of the Indy 500 has come and gone. It definitely wasn’t the most exciting race in history. Still, it was the Indy 500, so it can only be so boring. Here’s a clip that recaps the whole race in all of its glory in just three and a … Continue reading Start your engines!
- Go for a fly! (1/17/2019) - Want a quick break? Why go for a walk or coffee when you go for a fly instead? Here are some short 360° videos that will have you soaring like a bird in a jiffy! This first video from The New York Times Daily 360 will take you paragliding over Peru. Next, this video from … Continue reading Go for a fly!
- Extreme Biking, Artfully! (4/12/2019) - This week I came across something that I thought was fairly unique. There is a Scottish BMX rider by the name of Kriss Kyle that has elevated his extreme biking into an art. Here’s a video published by Red Bull that starts out with a brief introduction to the young man and then transitions into … Continue reading Extreme Biking, Artfully!
- Chess on Ice (12/17/2017) - The other day I was grabbing a snack at a local sport’s pub when I noticed what struck me as an odd scene on one of the TVs. At first glance it looked like a couple of people encouraging a large, mobile Pet Rock to win a race. Of course, the sport was Curling, and … Continue reading Chess on Ice
- At the Ballpark… (8/4/2017) - Did you see that catch? If you follow baseball, then you know which one, but for those of you who don’t, check out this video of Austin Jackson’s epic catch at Fenway Park this week. Needless to say there’s a bunch of fans who are going to have to revise their Greatest Catches Videos (YouTube). … Continue reading At the Ballpark…
These are organized by a classification scheme developed exclusively for Cosma. More…
Sports are all usually forms of competitive physical activity or games which, through casual or organized participation, aim to use, maintain or improve physical ability and skills while providing enjoyment to participants, and in some cases, entertainment for spectators. Usually the contest or game is between two sides, each attempting to exceed the other. Some sports allow a tie game; others provide tie-breaking methods, to ensure one winner and one loser. A number of such two-sided contests may be arranged in a tournament producing a champion. Many sports leagues make an annual champion by arranging games in a regular sports season, followed in some cases by playoffs. Hundreds of sports exist, from those between single contestants, through to those with hundreds of simultaneous participants, either in teams or competing as individuals. In certain sports such as racing, many contestants may compete, each against each other, with one winner. — Wikipedia
www.espn.com - TOP Latest TOP news from www.espn.com
Howard returns to Michigan as new hoops coach
on May 22, 2019 at 11:03 pm
Michigan has found its replacement for John Beilein, agreeing to a five-year deal with former Wolverines star Juwan Howard. […]
Yankees' Stanton out 7-10 days with calf strain
on May 22, 2019 at 10:04 pm
Yankees outfielder Giancarlo Stanton has a mild strain of his left calf and will be shut down up to 10 days. […]
NFL draft headed to Cleveland in 2021, KC in '23
on May 22, 2019 at 9:44 pm
The NFL draft is heading to Cleveland in 2021 and Kansas City in 2023. A site for 2022 has been delayed because about 20 cities are interested in hosting that year. […]
St. Thomas wins too much, kicked out of MIAC
on May 22, 2019 at 9:10 pm
St. Thomas was involuntarily removed from the MIAC because its dominance had upset the competitive balance in the league. […]
FIFA scraps plan for 48-team World Cup in 2022
on May 22, 2019 at 8:41 pm
FIFA has given up on its efforts to expand the 2022 World Cup to 48 teams, football's world governing body announced on Wednesday. […]
Ranking the Orioles' 100 gopher balls by how much...
on May 22, 2019 at 7:17 pm
If their current pace holds, the O's will allow a record 338 dingers this season. We rank 'em from least to most painful. […]
Giannis' ex-agent blasts Drake for trolling ways
on May 22, 2019 at 4:57 pm
An executive at the company that represents Giannis Antetokounmpo, who used to be the Bucks star's agent in Europe, ripped rapper Drake for trolling Antetokounmpo in the Eastern Conference finals. […]
Raimondi: 2019 is the right time for the new WWE...
on May 22, 2019 at 3:02 pm
WWE introduced a new 24/7 title with the idea that it could be defended anywhere at any time. Utilizing the whole roster and all of the WWE's media platforms will be key if it's going to succeed as planned in 2019. […]
Fantasy baseball: Game-changing pitches
on May 22, 2019 at 2:43 pm
A pitcher often just needs one tweak to discover a new level of performance. Here are some game-changing pitches taking over fantasy baseball. […]
For long-suffering Blues fans and players, it's...
on May 22, 2019 at 2:21 pm
For the first time since 1970, St. Louis will witness a Stanley Cup Final. The franchise and fan base are quite deserving of the ultimate prize. […]