- Wingsuit Rush! (9/21/2018) - Hey, adrenaline junkies, how about a quick fix? Remember all of those action movies where people jump out of airplanes or off of buildings wearing wingsuits? Did you ever think it would be cool to do that for real? Well, now you can get a sense of what it would be like. Here are some … Continue reading Wingsuit Rush!
- Super Bowl Frivolities (2/1/2019) - You probably know that the Super Bowl is this Sunday. This year the Patriots will be taking on the LA Rams in Atlanta. While I realize that it might be a touchy subject, I happen to live near Boston. Needless to say, I’m seeing my fair share of local coverage, again 😉 While there’s plenty … Continue reading Super Bowl Frivolities
- Start your engines! (5/26/2017) - It’s that time of year again. This isn’t just a long Memorial Day weekend — it is also time for the 101’st running of The Greatest Spectacle in Racing! In honor of this I thought it would be fun to see if there are any 360° YouTube videos that give a sense of what it’s … Continue reading Start your engines!
- Start your engines! (5/27/2018) - Postscript (May 28, 2018) The 102nd running of the Indy 500 has come and gone. It definitely wasn’t the most exciting race in history. Still, it was the Indy 500, so it can only be so boring. Here’s a clip that recaps the whole race in all of its glory in just three and a … Continue reading Start your engines!
- Go for a fly! (1/17/2019) - Want a quick break? Why go for a walk or coffee when you go for a fly instead? Here are some short 360° videos that will have you soaring like a bird in a jiffy! This first video from The New York Times Daily 360 will take you paragliding over Peru. Next, this video from … Continue reading Go for a fly!
- Extreme Biking, Artfully! (4/12/2019) - This week I came across something that I thought was fairly unique. There is a Scottish BMX rider by the name of Kriss Kyle that has elevated his extreme biking into an art. Here’s a video published by Red Bull that starts out with a brief introduction to the young man and then transitions into … Continue reading Extreme Biking, Artfully!
- Chess on Ice (12/17/2017) - The other day I was grabbing a snack at a local sport’s pub when I noticed what struck me as an odd scene on one of the TVs. At first glance it looked like a couple of people encouraging a large, mobile Pet Rock to win a race. Of course, the sport was Curling, and … Continue reading Chess on Ice
- At the Ballpark… (8/4/2017) - Did you see that catch? If you follow baseball, then you know which one, but for those of you who don’t, check out this video of Austin Jackson’s epic catch at Fenway Park this week. Needless to say there’s a bunch of fans who are going to have to revise their Greatest Catches Videos (YouTube). … Continue reading At the Ballpark…
These are organized by a classification scheme developed exclusively for Cosma. More…
Sports are all usually forms of competitive physical activity or games which, through casual or organized participation, aim to use, maintain or improve physical ability and skills while providing enjoyment to participants, and in some cases, entertainment for spectators. Usually the contest or game is between two sides, each attempting to exceed the other. Some sports allow a tie game; others provide tie-breaking methods, to ensure one winner and one loser. A number of such two-sided contests may be arranged in a tournament producing a champion. Many sports leagues make an annual champion by arranging games in a regular sports season, followed in some cases by playoffs. Hundreds of sports exist, from those between single contestants, through to those with hundreds of simultaneous participants, either in teams or competing as individuals. In certain sports such as racing, many contestants may compete, each against each other, with one winner. — Wikipedia
- 'Why is this happening again?' Jack Hoffman's...on December 4, 2020 at 10:56 am
Seven years after little Jack Hoffman ran for a touchdown at the Nebraska spring game, his family now faces a devastating second battle. His father, Andy Hoffman, is also fighting brain cancer.
- Moyes emerging from Man United nightmare with...on December 4, 2020 at 8:03 am
It has taken almost eight years, but David Moyes will take on Man United this weekend from a position of strength. Can he finally beat them?
- Davis, Lakers agree to 5-year, $190M max dealon December 4, 2020 at 7:43 am
All-NBA forward Anthony Davis has signed a five-year, $190 million maximum contract to stay with the defending champion Los Angeles Lakers, Rich Paul of Klutch Sports told ESPN.
- LSU historic underdog for defending champson December 4, 2020 at 7:43 am
LSU will be the biggest underdog for a defending national champ in the past 40 seasons vs. Alabama.
- Source: Torn ACL confirmed for Steelers' Dupreeon December 4, 2020 at 7:43 am
Tests have confirmed that pass-rusher Bud Dupree suffered a torn ACL in his knee, ending his season.
- LSU, Penn State and the 2020 stumbles of power...on December 4, 2020 at 6:34 am
Last year, LSU vs. Alabama was a marquee game. Earlier this season, Virginia Tech vs. Clemson could have been. But not anymore, as this season saw big-time programs struggle.
- Who can catch Patrick Mahomes? Is Derrick Henry...on December 4, 2020 at 6:33 am
Will Patrick Mahomes win his second MVP? Could a running back really challenge him? Who else is in the race?
- Emergency quarterbacks for all 32 NFL teams:...on December 4, 2020 at 6:28 am
The Broncos had no NFL quarterbacks on the roster for Sunday's game vs. the Saints. Who would be the fill-in for every team?
- Keeping Jake Fromm isolated hasn't been easyon December 4, 2020 at 6:28 am
Bills coach Sean McDermott is pleased with how Fromm has embraced his role.
- Saban at '100 percent,' cleared to travel to LSUon December 4, 2020 at 4:46 am
Alabama coach Nick Saban, who tested positive for COVID-19 on Nov. 24, has been cleared to travel with the team to LSU on Friday.