- Wingsuit Rush! (9/21/2018) - Hey, adrenaline junkies, how about a quick fix? Remember all of those action movies where people jump out of airplanes or off of buildings wearing wingsuits? Did you ever think it would be cool to do that for real? Well, now you can get a sense of what it would be like. Here are some … Continue reading Wingsuit Rush!
- Super Bowl Frivolities (2/1/2019) - You probably know that the Super Bowl is this Sunday. This year the Patriots will be taking on the LA Rams in Atlanta. While I realize that it might be a touchy subject, I happen to live near Boston. Needless to say, I’m seeing my fair share of local coverage, again 😉 While there’s plenty … Continue reading Super Bowl Frivolities
- Start your engines! (5/26/2017) - It’s that time of year again. This isn’t just a long Memorial Day weekend — it is also time for the 101’st running of The Greatest Spectacle in Racing! In honor of this I thought it would be fun to see if there are any 360° YouTube videos that give a sense of what it’s … Continue reading Start your engines!
- Start your engines! (5/27/2018) - Postscript (May 28, 2018) The 102nd running of the Indy 500 has come and gone. It definitely wasn’t the most exciting race in history. Still, it was the Indy 500, so it can only be so boring. Here’s a clip that recaps the whole race in all of its glory in just three and a … Continue reading Start your engines!
- Go for a fly! (1/17/2019) - Want a quick break? Why go for a walk or coffee when you go for a fly instead? Here are some short 360° videos that will have you soaring like a bird in a jiffy! This first video from The New York Times Daily 360 will take you paragliding over Peru. Next, this video from … Continue reading Go for a fly!
- Extreme Biking, Artfully! (4/12/2019) - This week I came across something that I thought was fairly unique. There is a Scottish BMX rider by the name of Kriss Kyle that has elevated his extreme biking into an art. Here’s a video published by Red Bull that starts out with a brief introduction to the young man and then transitions into … Continue reading Extreme Biking, Artfully!
- Chess on Ice (12/17/2017) - The other day I was grabbing a snack at a local sport’s pub when I noticed what struck me as an odd scene on one of the TVs. At first glance it looked like a couple of people encouraging a large, mobile Pet Rock to win a race. Of course, the sport was Curling, and … Continue reading Chess on Ice
- At the Ballpark… (8/4/2017) - Did you see that catch? If you follow baseball, then you know which one, but for those of you who don’t, check out this video of Austin Jackson’s epic catch at Fenway Park this week. Needless to say there’s a bunch of fans who are going to have to revise their Greatest Catches Videos (YouTube). … Continue reading At the Ballpark…
These are organized by a classification scheme developed exclusively for Cosma. More…
Sports are all usually forms of competitive physical activity or games which, through casual or organized participation, aim to use, maintain or improve physical ability and skills while providing enjoyment to participants, and in some cases, entertainment for spectators. Usually the contest or game is between two sides, each attempting to exceed the other. Some sports allow a tie game; others provide tie-breaking methods, to ensure one winner and one loser. A number of such two-sided contests may be arranged in a tournament producing a champion. Many sports leagues make an annual champion by arranging games in a regular sports season, followed in some cases by playoffs. Hundreds of sports exist, from those between single contestants, through to those with hundreds of simultaneous participants, either in teams or competing as individuals. In certain sports such as racing, many contestants may compete, each against each other, with one winner. — Wikipedia
Federer holds off Aussie Millman; Djokovic coasts
on January 24, 2020 at 2:03 pm
Roger Federer needed a rally in the fifth-set tiebreaker to beat Australia John Millman and advance to the round of 16 in Melbourne.
Gauff's upset over Osaka highlights changing of...
on January 24, 2020 at 1:55 pm
The 15-year-old's victory over the defending champion capped a night of surprises (Serena's exit) and goodbyes (Caroline Wozniacki's career finale).
Top gymnasts to make wary return to U.S. camp
on January 24, 2020 at 1:50 pm
MyKayla Skinner wasn't worried about recapturing the skills that made her an alternate on the 2016 U.S. Olympic team. She wondered what was real and what wasn't amid changes at USA Gymnastics in the aftermath of Larry Nassar's abuse.
With Patrick Mahomes, Chiefs always have a chance
on January 24, 2020 at 1:24 pm
Mahomes, now in his second full season as the Super Bowl-bound Chiefs' starter, has only lost eight total games and not one by more than a single score.
FA Cup preview: Will Man United stumble at...
on January 24, 2020 at 1:15 pm
The FA Cup fourth round, live on ESPN+, is here as Man United face a pitch battle, Liverpool's kids travel to Shrewsbury and Spurs take on Saints.
Liverpool go 40 games unbeaten: 8 things that...
on January 24, 2020 at 12:26 pm
Liverpool are now at 40 matches unbeaten, which made us wonder what has happened in the world since they last lost.
NBA Paris lifts Tony Parker's French basketball...
on January 24, 2020 at 12:14 pm
Giannis Antetokounmpo is the star attraction at Bucks-Hornets in Paris, but France has its own basketball idols to look up to.
15-year-old Gauff drops defending champ Osaka
on January 24, 2020 at 11:34 am
Coco Gauff knocked off defending Australian Open champion Naomi Osaka in straight sets, sending the American teen to the fourth round.
Serena shocked by Wang in three sets in Australia
on January 24, 2020 at 4:36 am
Wang Qiang, the 27th seed, upset No. 8 Serena Williams in three sets in the third round of the Australian Open on Friday. Williams had 27 unforced errors on her backhand side, part of a total of 56 miscues. Wang made only 20.
AB turns himself in to police on multiple charges
on January 24, 2020 at 3:57 am
Antonio Brown turned himself in to Broward County Jail on Thursday night after a warrant had been issued for his arrest stemming from Tuesday's incident.