- Wingsuit Rush! (9/21/2018) - Hey, adrenaline junkies, how about a quick fix? Remember all of those action movies where people jump out of airplanes or off of buildings wearing wingsuits? Did you ever think it would be cool to do that for real? Well, now you can get a sense of what it would be like. Here are some … Continue reading Wingsuit Rush!
- Super Bowl Frivolities (2/1/2019) - You probably know that the Super Bowl is this Sunday. This year the Patriots will be taking on the LA Rams in Atlanta. While I realize that it might be a touchy subject, I happen to live near Boston. Needless to say, I’m seeing my fair share of local coverage, again 😉 While there’s plenty … Continue reading Super Bowl Frivolities
- Start your engines! (5/26/2017) - It’s that time of year again. This isn’t just a long Memorial Day weekend — it is also time for the 101’st running of The Greatest Spectacle in Racing! In honor of this I thought it would be fun to see if there are any 360° YouTube videos that give a sense of what it’s … Continue reading Start your engines!
- Start your engines! (5/27/2018) - Postscript (May 28, 2018) The 102nd running of the Indy 500 has come and gone. It definitely wasn’t the most exciting race in history. Still, it was the Indy 500, so it can only be so boring. Here’s a clip that recaps the whole race in all of its glory in just three and a … Continue reading Start your engines!
- Go for a fly! (1/17/2019) - Want a quick break? Why go for a walk or coffee when you go for a fly instead? Here are some short 360° videos that will have you soaring like a bird in a jiffy! This first video from The New York Times Daily 360 will take you paragliding over Peru. Next, this video from … Continue reading Go for a fly!
- Extreme Biking, Artfully! (4/12/2019) - This week I came across something that I thought was fairly unique. There is a Scottish BMX rider by the name of Kriss Kyle that has elevated his extreme biking into an art. Here’s a video published by Red Bull that starts out with a brief introduction to the young man and then transitions into … Continue reading Extreme Biking, Artfully!
- Chess on Ice (12/17/2017) - The other day I was grabbing a snack at a local sport’s pub when I noticed what struck me as an odd scene on one of the TVs. At first glance it looked like a couple of people encouraging a large, mobile Pet Rock to win a race. Of course, the sport was Curling, and … Continue reading Chess on Ice
- At the Ballpark… (8/4/2017) - Did you see that catch? If you follow baseball, then you know which one, but for those of you who don’t, check out this video of Austin Jackson’s epic catch at Fenway Park this week. Needless to say there’s a bunch of fans who are going to have to revise their Greatest Catches Videos (YouTube). … Continue reading At the Ballpark…
These are organized by a classification scheme developed exclusively for Cosma. More…
Sports are all usually forms of competitive physical activity or games which, through casual or organized participation, aim to use, maintain or improve physical ability and skills while providing enjoyment to participants, and in some cases, entertainment for spectators. Usually the contest or game is between two sides, each attempting to exceed the other. Some sports allow a tie game; others provide tie-breaking methods, to ensure one winner and one loser. A number of such two-sided contests may be arranged in a tournament producing a champion. Many sports leagues make an annual champion by arranging games in a regular sports season, followed in some cases by playoffs. Hundreds of sports exist, from those between single contestants, through to those with hundreds of simultaneous participants, either in teams or competing as individuals. In certain sports such as racing, many contestants may compete, each against each other, with one winner. — Wikipedia
- Two title fights and the return of Nick Diaz: UFC...on September 25, 2021 at 1:12 pm
Alexander Volkanovski and Valentina Shevchenko defend their belts on Saturday -- and a fan favorite returns.
- Day 2 at the Ryder Cup: Can Europe make up ground...on September 25, 2021 at 1:02 pm
The United States has a big lead. Can it hold onto it or will Europe make a run? We have previews, odds, predictions and results to keep you up to date.
- Hamilton on F1's dangers, battling Verstappen and...on September 25, 2021 at 12:59 pm
Seven-time world champion Lewis Hamilton reflects on the dangers of F1 following his collision with Max Verstappen at the Italian Grand Prix and how he intends to win the title "the right way".
- Fantasy rankings for Week 3on September 25, 2021 at 12:55 pm
Weekly individual and composite rankings for each position in PPR and non-PPR formats.
- Week 3's biggest questions: 32 NFL reporters give...on September 25, 2021 at 12:55 pm
Could the Chiefs abandon the running game? Who is the Cowboys' RB1? Our reporters fill you in before Sunday's games.
- Mariah Carey sang him happy birthday, Sinbad's...on September 25, 2021 at 12:21 pm
Fuller, the No. 199 pick of the 2020 draft, picked off the most famous No. 199 twice, but the Rams' safety has been around stardom since birth thanks to his mother.
- Real Madrid's Benzema making a case to be the...on September 25, 2021 at 6:42 am
Karim Benzema said he plays for those who "know" the game. Evidenced by his fine form, we've only just begun to understand it as well as he does.
- Chelsea vs. Man City: Tuchel vs. Guardiola, title...on September 25, 2021 at 5:52 am
Tuchel and Chelsea have beaten Guardiola and Man City in three straight games since April 17: what will Saturday's game hold? We break it down.
- NBA denies Wiggins' vaccine exemption requeston September 25, 2021 at 5:48 am
The NBA said in a release Friday that Andrew Wiggins will not be able to play home games at Chase Center unless he gets vaccinated against COVID-19.
- Giants become first in MLB to reach 100 winson September 25, 2021 at 5:48 am
The Giants hit win No. 100 in just 154 games, the fastest they've reached the centennial mark since 1920.