- Wingsuit Rush! (9/21/2018) - Hey, adrenaline junkies, how about a quick fix? Remember all of those action movies where people jump out of airplanes or off of buildings wearing wingsuits? Did you ever think it would be cool to do that for real? Well, now you can get a sense of what it would be like. Here are some … Continue reading Wingsuit Rush!
- Super Bowl Frivolities (2/1/2019) - You probably know that the Super Bowl is this Sunday. This year the Patriots will be taking on the LA Rams in Atlanta. While I realize that it might be a touchy subject, I happen to live near Boston. Needless to say, I’m seeing my fair share of local coverage, again 😉 While there’s plenty … Continue reading Super Bowl Frivolities
- Start your engines! (5/26/2017) - It’s that time of year again. This isn’t just a long Memorial Day weekend — it is also time for the 101’st running of The Greatest Spectacle in Racing! In honor of this I thought it would be fun to see if there are any 360° YouTube videos that give a sense of what it’s … Continue reading Start your engines!
- Start your engines! (5/27/2018) - Postscript (May 28, 2018) The 102nd running of the Indy 500 has come and gone. It definitely wasn’t the most exciting race in history. Still, it was the Indy 500, so it can only be so boring. Here’s a clip that recaps the whole race in all of its glory in just three and a … Continue reading Start your engines!
- Go for a fly! (1/17/2019) - Want a quick break? Why go for a walk or coffee when you go for a fly instead? Here are some short 360° videos that will have you soaring like a bird in a jiffy! This first video from The New York Times Daily 360 will take you paragliding over Peru. Next, this video from … Continue reading Go for a fly!
- Extreme Biking, Artfully! (4/12/2019) - This week I came across something that I thought was fairly unique. There is a Scottish BMX rider by the name of Kriss Kyle that has elevated his extreme biking into an art. Here’s a video published by Red Bull that starts out with a brief introduction to the young man and then transitions into … Continue reading Extreme Biking, Artfully!
- Chess on Ice (12/17/2017) - The other day I was grabbing a snack at a local sport’s pub when I noticed what struck me as an odd scene on one of the TVs. At first glance it looked like a couple of people encouraging a large, mobile Pet Rock to win a race. Of course, the sport was Curling, and … Continue reading Chess on Ice
- At the Ballpark… (8/4/2017) - Did you see that catch? If you follow baseball, then you know which one, but for those of you who don’t, check out this video of Austin Jackson’s epic catch at Fenway Park this week. Needless to say there’s a bunch of fans who are going to have to revise their Greatest Catches Videos (YouTube). … Continue reading At the Ballpark…
These are organized by a classification scheme developed exclusively for Cosma. More…
Sports are all usually forms of competitive physical activity or games which, through casual or organized participation, aim to use, maintain or improve physical ability and skills while providing enjoyment to participants, and in some cases, entertainment for spectators. Usually the contest or game is between two sides, each attempting to exceed the other. Some sports allow a tie game; others provide tie-breaking methods, to ensure one winner and one loser. A number of such two-sided contests may be arranged in a tournament producing a champion. Many sports leagues make an annual champion by arranging games in a regular sports season, followed in some cases by playoffs. Hundreds of sports exist, from those between single contestants, through to those with hundreds of simultaneous participants, either in teams or competing as individuals. In certain sports such as racing, many contestants may compete, each against each other, with one winner. — Wikipedia
www.espn.com - TOP Latest TOP news from www.espn.com
Jets DBs Adams, Johnson upset with benching
on September 19, 2019 at 12:08 am
Jets coach Adam Gase said he pulled Jamal Adams from Monday's game to "calm him down." Addressing Trumaine Johnson's situation, he said "it hasn't worked out as well as we need it to."
Marrone: Ramsey will play Thursday vs. Titans
on September 18, 2019 at 10:03 pm
Jaguars coach Doug Marrone said cornerback Jalen Ramsey, whose desire to be traded has become public, will play Thursday against the Titans.
Free Taco: Cowboys cut former first-rounder
on September 18, 2019 at 9:22 pm
Defensive end Taco Charlton, one of the rare first-round draft busts by the Cowboys over the past decade, has been cut by the team after making just 46 total tackles and four sacks in 27 games.
Inside Julio Jones' first touchdown -- which was...
on September 18, 2019 at 8:53 pm
Jones will return to Lucas Oil Stadium for the first time on Sunday since catching his first NFL TD there in 2011 -- but the play almost didn't count.
Ref who made wrestler cut locks banned 2 years
on September 18, 2019 at 8:08 pm
The New Jersey high school referee who forced a wrestler to cut his dreadlocks or forfeit has been suspended for two years.
Allegheny DA won't prosecute AB due to statute
on September 18, 2019 at 6:50 pm
Antonio Brown will not be prosecuted by Pittsburgh-area law enforcement for a June 2017 sexual assault allegation due to the expiration of the statute of limitations.
Vazquez told police of attempted sex with minor
on September 18, 2019 at 6:16 pm
According to a criminal complaint released by Pennsylvania State Police, Pirates closer Felipe Vazquez admitted that he tried to have sex with a 13-year-old girl.
From bullied to Louisville commit, Olivia Cochran...
on September 18, 2019 at 4:13 pm
Cochran, the No. 18 women's college basketball recruit in the Class of 2020, went from being bullied for her size to becoming a Louisville commit.
Coach wins biggest battle to bring her daughter...
on September 18, 2019 at 4:12 pm
Joanne Boyle retired from coaching to focus on adopting her Senegalese daughter. After seven years of red tape, the adoption is official.
The Bottom 10 welcomes the ACC (and former pal...
on September 18, 2019 at 3:42 pm
Kicking off with a conference game that wasn't a conference game, it was a bad week along the Atlantic coast.