- Wingsuit Rush! (9/21/2018) - Hey, adrenaline junkies, how about a quick fix? Remember all of those action movies where people jump out of airplanes or off of buildings wearing wingsuits? Did you ever think it would be cool to do that for real? Well, now you can get a sense of what it would be like. Here are some … Continue reading Wingsuit Rush!
- Super Bowl Frivolities (2/1/2019) - You probably know that the Super Bowl is this Sunday. This year the Patriots will be taking on the LA Rams in Atlanta. While I realize that it might be a touchy subject, I happen to live near Boston. Needless to say, I’m seeing my fair share of local coverage, again 😉 While there’s plenty … Continue reading Super Bowl Frivolities
- Start your engines! (5/26/2017) - It’s that time of year again. This isn’t just a long Memorial Day weekend — it is also time for the 101’st running of The Greatest Spectacle in Racing! In honor of this I thought it would be fun to see if there are any 360° YouTube videos that give a sense of what it’s … Continue reading Start your engines!
- Start your engines! (5/27/2018) - Postscript (May 28, 2018) The 102nd running of the Indy 500 has come and gone. It definitely wasn’t the most exciting race in history. Still, it was the Indy 500, so it can only be so boring. Here’s a clip that recaps the whole race in all of its glory in just three and a … Continue reading Start your engines!
- Go for a fly! (1/17/2019) - Want a quick break? Why go for a walk or coffee when you go for a fly instead? Here are some short 360° videos that will have you soaring like a bird in a jiffy! This first video from The New York Times Daily 360 will take you paragliding over Peru. Next, this video from … Continue reading Go for a fly!
- Extreme Biking, Artfully! (4/12/2019) - This week I came across something that I thought was fairly unique. There is a Scottish BMX rider by the name of Kriss Kyle that has elevated his extreme biking into an art. Here’s a video published by Red Bull that starts out with a brief introduction to the young man and then transitions into … Continue reading Extreme Biking, Artfully!
- Chess on Ice (12/17/2017) - The other day I was grabbing a snack at a local sport’s pub when I noticed what struck me as an odd scene on one of the TVs. At first glance it looked like a couple of people encouraging a large, mobile Pet Rock to win a race. Of course, the sport was Curling, and … Continue reading Chess on Ice
- At the Ballpark… (8/4/2017) - Did you see that catch? If you follow baseball, then you know which one, but for those of you who don’t, check out this video of Austin Jackson’s epic catch at Fenway Park this week. Needless to say there’s a bunch of fans who are going to have to revise their Greatest Catches Videos (YouTube). … Continue reading At the Ballpark…
These are organized by a classification scheme developed exclusively for Cosma. More…
Sports are all usually forms of competitive physical activity or games which, through casual or organized participation, aim to use, maintain or improve physical ability and skills while providing enjoyment to participants, and in some cases, entertainment for spectators. Usually the contest or game is between two sides, each attempting to exceed the other. Some sports allow a tie game; others provide tie-breaking methods, to ensure one winner and one loser. A number of such two-sided contests may be arranged in a tournament producing a champion. Many sports leagues make an annual champion by arranging games in a regular sports season, followed in some cases by playoffs. Hundreds of sports exist, from those between single contestants, through to those with hundreds of simultaneous participants, either in teams or competing as individuals. In certain sports such as racing, many contestants may compete, each against each other, with one winner. — Wikipedia
- Fighters react to illegal kick and controversial...on March 7, 2021 at 5:58 am
An illegal knee to the head put an end to the Petr Yan-Aljamain Sterling title fight.
- Sterling wins title after Yan DQ'd for illegal...on March 7, 2021 at 5:58 am
Aljamain Sterling was crowned the new UFC bantamweight champion after Petr Yan was disqualified.
- UFC 259 live updates and results: Dominick Cruz,...on March 7, 2021 at 5:51 am
Follow all the action live from Las Vegas.
- Women’s Bracketology: No. 1 seeds not locked in...on March 7, 2021 at 5:42 am
Saturday's loss didn't cost Texas A&M a spot on the top line yet, but made the Aggies vulnerable to what Baylor and Maryland do in their tourneys.
- Auriemma, Mulkey confident in NCAA protocols for...on March 7, 2021 at 5:42 am
Although Texas is lifting its mask mandate, the NCAA's protocols include masking and social distancing.
- Men's Bracketology: Illinois solidifies spot on...on March 7, 2021 at 4:44 am
Illinois' win over Ohio State all but locked up a No. 1 seed for the surging Fighting Illini.
- Silver: NBA won't require players to get vaccineon March 7, 2021 at 4:06 am
NBA commissioner Adam Silver says the choice to get the COVID-19 vaccine is a "personal" one and that the league won't require its players to do so. However, he said he believes that most players will decide "it is in their interest" to get it.
- Caps' Wilson suspended 7 games for Carlo hiton March 7, 2021 at 4:06 am
Capitals forward Tom Wilson had a hearing Saturday with the NHL department of player safety that resulted in a seven-game suspension for a hit that sent Bruins defenseman Brandon Carlo to the hospital Friday.
- Creighton players: McDermott's words hurt uson March 7, 2021 at 4:06 am
Five Creighton men's basketball players explained Saturday in a short video why they were hurt by coach Greg McDermott's remarks in his locker room talk following a loss last weekend.
- Source: Odorizzi reaches 2-year deal with Astroson March 7, 2021 at 4:06 am
After losing starting pitcher Framber Valdez for an indefinite period of time, the Astros have reached an agreement with free-agent right-hander Jake Odorizzi on a two-year deal with a player option, a source told ESPN's Jeff Passan.