- Wingsuit Rush! (9/21/2018) - Hey, adrenaline junkies, how about a quick fix? Remember all of those action movies where people jump out of airplanes or off of buildings wearing wingsuits? Did you ever think it would be cool to do that for real? Well, now you can get a sense of what it would be like. Here are some … Continue reading Wingsuit Rush!
- Super Bowl Frivolities (2/1/2019) - You probably know that the Super Bowl is this Sunday. This year the Patriots will be taking on the LA Rams in Atlanta. While I realize that it might be a touchy subject, I happen to live near Boston. Needless to say, I’m seeing my fair share of local coverage, again 😉 While there’s plenty … Continue reading Super Bowl Frivolities
- Start your engines! (5/26/2017) - It’s that time of year again. This isn’t just a long Memorial Day weekend — it is also time for the 101’st running of The Greatest Spectacle in Racing! In honor of this I thought it would be fun to see if there are any 360° YouTube videos that give a sense of what it’s … Continue reading Start your engines!
- Start your engines! (5/27/2018) - Postscript (May 28, 2018) The 102nd running of the Indy 500 has come and gone. It definitely wasn’t the most exciting race in history. Still, it was the Indy 500, so it can only be so boring. Here’s a clip that recaps the whole race in all of its glory in just three and a … Continue reading Start your engines!
- Go for a fly! (1/17/2019) - Want a quick break? Why go for a walk or coffee when you go for a fly instead? Here are some short 360° videos that will have you soaring like a bird in a jiffy! This first video from The New York Times Daily 360 will take you paragliding over Peru. Next, this video from … Continue reading Go for a fly!
- Extreme Biking, Artfully! (4/12/2019) - This week I came across something that I thought was fairly unique. There is a Scottish BMX rider by the name of Kriss Kyle that has elevated his extreme biking into an art. Here’s a video published by Red Bull that starts out with a brief introduction to the young man and then transitions into … Continue reading Extreme Biking, Artfully!
- Chess on Ice (12/17/2017) - The other day I was grabbing a snack at a local sport’s pub when I noticed what struck me as an odd scene on one of the TVs. At first glance it looked like a couple of people encouraging a large, mobile Pet Rock to win a race. Of course, the sport was Curling, and … Continue reading Chess on Ice
- At the Ballpark… (8/4/2017) - Did you see that catch? If you follow baseball, then you know which one, but for those of you who don’t, check out this video of Austin Jackson’s epic catch at Fenway Park this week. Needless to say there’s a bunch of fans who are going to have to revise their Greatest Catches Videos (YouTube). … Continue reading At the Ballpark…
These are organized by a classification scheme developed exclusively for Cosma. More…
Sports are all usually forms of competitive physical activity or games which, through casual or organized participation, aim to use, maintain or improve physical ability and skills while providing enjoyment to participants, and in some cases, entertainment for spectators. Usually the contest or game is between two sides, each attempting to exceed the other. Some sports allow a tie game; others provide tie-breaking methods, to ensure one winner and one loser. A number of such two-sided contests may be arranged in a tournament producing a champion. Many sports leagues make an annual champion by arranging games in a regular sports season, followed in some cases by playoffs. Hundreds of sports exist, from those between single contestants, through to those with hundreds of simultaneous participants, either in teams or competing as individuals. In certain sports such as racing, many contestants may compete, each against each other, with one winner. — Wikipedia
www.espn.com - TOP Latest TOP news from www.espn.com
Mariano, always 'the last,' closes HOF ceremony
on July 21, 2019 at 11:29 pm
Mariano Rivera and fellow closer Lee Smith, starters Mike Mussina and the late Roy Halladay, and designated hitters Edgar Martinez and Harold Baines were inducted into the Baseball Hall of Fame on Sunday, with Rivera the last to take the podium. […]
Bale's agent: Real Madrid's Zidane 'a disgrace'
on July 21, 2019 at 10:55 pm
Dolphins waive, will pay DT Norton, who lost arm
on July 21, 2019 at 10:06 pm
Kendrick Norton had his left arm amputated following a car crash near Miami earlier this month. […]
Shane Lowry asked himself if he was good enough...
on July 21, 2019 at 9:31 pm
He wondered if he was good enough to win a major. On Sunday at The Open, he answered the question for himself and all of golf. […]
Source: Tiger, Rory part of skins event in Japan
on July 21, 2019 at 8:48 pm
The one-day competition, which will also feature Jason Day and Hideki Matsuyama, will take place on Oct. 21. […]
What's next for UFC San Antonio fighters,...
on July 21, 2019 at 8:35 pm
A Leon Edwards-Jorge Masvidal matchup should get UFC fans buzzing, while an advancement in competition level for Greg Hardy may have to wait. […]
Ireland's Lowry breezes to victory at The Open
on July 21, 2019 at 8:19 pm
Shane Lowry finishes at 15-under to win The Open at Royal Portrush in his native Ireland for the first major victory of his career. […]
Lowry won The Open, but Brooks Koepka won the...
on July 21, 2019 at 8:17 pm
While Koepka didn't hold the Claret Jug on Sunday, he was the undisputed champion of the major season. […]
Latest updates from Induction Weekend
on July 21, 2019 at 7:33 pm
Check out all of the weekend's activities, from the speeches of those inducted to the scene in Cooperstown, N.Y., around the ceremonies. […]
W2W4 at Tour de France: Who will end up wearing...
on July 21, 2019 at 5:56 pm
There are no shortage of contenders to wear the yellow jersey as the Tour de France hits its final week. […]