- Wingsuit Rush! (9/21/2018) - Hey, adrenaline junkies, how about a quick fix? Remember all of those action movies where people jump out of airplanes or off of buildings wearing wingsuits? Did you ever think it would be cool to do that for real? Well, now you can get a sense of what it would be like. Here are some … Continue reading Wingsuit Rush!
- Start your engines! (5/26/2017) - It’s that time of year again. This isn’t just a long Memorial Day weekend — it is also time for the 101’st running of The Greatest Spectacle in Racing! In honor of this I thought it would be fun to see if there are any 360° YouTube videos that give a sense of what it’s … Continue reading Start your engines!
- Start your engines! (5/27/2018) - Postscript (May 28, 2018) The 102nd running of the Indy 500 has come and gone. It definitely wasn’t the most exciting race in history. Still, it was the Indy 500, so it can only be so boring. Here’s a clip that recaps the whole race in all of its glory in just three and a … Continue reading Start your engines!
- Chess on Ice (12/17/2017) - The other day I was grabbing a snack at a local sport’s pub when I noticed what struck me as an odd scene on one of the TVs. At first glance it looked like a couple of people encouraging a large, mobile Pet Rock to win a race. Of course, the sport was Curling, and … Continue reading Chess on Ice
- At the Ballpark… (8/4/2017) - Did you see that catch? If you follow baseball, then you know which one, but for those of you who don’t, check out this video of Austin Jackson’s epic catch at Fenway Park this week. Needless to say there’s a bunch of fans who are going to have to revise their Greatest Catches Videos (YouTube). … Continue reading At the Ballpark…
These are organized by a classification scheme developed exclusively for Cosma. More…
Sports are all usually forms of competitive physical activity or games which, through casual or organized participation, aim to use, maintain or improve physical ability and skills while providing enjoyment to participants, and in some cases, entertainment for spectators. Usually the contest or game is between two sides, each attempting to exceed the other. Some sports allow a tie game; others provide tie-breaking methods, to ensure one winner and one loser. A number of such two-sided contests may be arranged in a tournament producing a champion. Many sports leagues make an annual champion by arranging games in a regular sports season, followed in some cases by playoffs. Hundreds of sports exist, from those between single contestants, through to those with hundreds of simultaneous participants, either in teams or competing as individuals. In certain sports such as racing, many contestants may compete, each against each other, with one winner. — Wikipedia
www.espn.com - TOP Latest TOP news from www.espn.com
Putting a bow on it: Shoe toss costs Heat G $25K
on November 19, 2018 at 10:01 pm
Heat guard Josh Richardson has been fined $25,000 by the NBA for tossing his shoe into the crowd. […]
Flirting with enemy leads to Arkansas DBs' ban
on November 19, 2018 at 9:25 pm
Kamren Curl and Ryan Pulley have been suspended by Arkansas after the two defensive backs were seen fraternizing with members of the Mississippi State spirit squad prior to the Razorbacks' 52-6 loss. […]
Breaking down the 20 new names on the Hall of...
on November 19, 2018 at 9:18 pm
Mariano Rivera is a no-doubt first-ballot Hall of Famer. But how much support will the Cooperstown cases of Roy Halladay, Andy Pettitte and others get from voters? […]
Redskins bring in Sanchez to be McCoy's backup
on November 19, 2018 at 7:20 pm
The Redskins have signed Mark Sanchez to be the backup quarterback after Alex Smith was lost for the season. […]
Jameis Winston among top free-agent finds for...
on November 19, 2018 at 7:08 pm
Need an impact player others might be overlooking? Here are the top options available on waiver wires in most ESPN fantasy leagues. […]
That's bull: Kansas bans Texas mascot Bevo
on November 19, 2018 at 6:17 pm
Texas mascot Bevo won't be on the sideline for the game against Kansas because the Jayhawks prohibit live mascots on the field. […]
Week 11 overreactions: Is Andrew Luck really this...
on November 19, 2018 at 6:08 pm
Is the Colts QB a legit MVP candidate? Has Joe Flacco taken his last snap with the Ravens? We take on the biggest questions. […]
Villanova, Syracuse fall out of AP Top 25 poll
on November 19, 2018 at 5:45 pm
The Duke Blue Devils and Kansas Jayhawks stayed entrenched atop the AP Top 25 college basketball poll released Monday, but the Syracuse Orange and reigning national champion Villanova Wildcats tumbled out completely. […]
U.S. can end roller-coaster 2018 on a high vs....
on November 19, 2018 at 4:49 pm
It's been a bizarre 2018 for the U.S., full of ups and downs, under the guidance of interim boss Dave Sarachan. He can go out on a high vs. Italy. […]
The Belichick-approved defensive mind of...
on November 19, 2018 at 4:49 pm
"There's no better coach I've ever been around," Jim Harbaugh says of Brown, a New Englander whom he found thanks to a tip from the Patriots coach. […]