- Asteroids Everywhere (6/30/2017)- Friday, June 30 is Asteroid Day, so you are going to be hearing a LOT about Asteroids over the next day or so (see Asteroid Day.org, NASA, YouTube and Wikipedia). The reason Asteroid Day falls on this date is because it’s the anniversary of the 1908 “Tunguska event” when scientists believe a 50 meter wide … Continue reading Asteroids Everywhere
- Dive in! (3/17/2017)- Take a refreshing dive into this 360° YouTube Video from The Economist. The above is a 360° YouTube video — press and hold to explore! The Economist also created a full Ocean series on Youtube. Of course, while the video is beautiful, the message is sad. Unfortunately, recent news about coral reefs has been even … Continue reading Dive in!
- Doomed? (5/24/2017)- If you’ve been keeping up the slew of dark headlines in the news this week, then you may have seen some stories about how the Svalbard Global “Doomsday” Seed Vault is doomed, or not, according to which story you read. There were some alarmist headlines, but most of the stories were less drastic, while still … Continue reading Doomed?
- Hot car from the future… (11/8/2017)- No, this isn’t about “That Car“ — this is about a new Lamborghini that is making a debut at MIT’s EmTech Conference this week. The Terzo Millennio is a hot new “concept” car that is the product of a collaboration between Lamborghini and MIT, and here is a one minute glimpse of this newest sensation … Continue reading Hot car from the future…
- Octopuses from Space! (5/20/2018)- Did you hear the one about the octopuses from space? It sounds like the title of a cheesy sci-fi movie, doesn’t it? But it isn’t, this time, or at least, yet. Instead, it’s actually an oddball theory that’s been put forth in a recently published “scientific” article that’s getting quite a lot of buzz in … Continue reading Octopuses from Space!
- Silliness (3/24/2017)- This blog has covered numerous experiments with using 360° video to create new types of immersive narrative. There are many great examples out there now like Google’s HELP and NYT’s L.A. Noir. My favorite so far has been this video by One Republic. However, I’ve just come across a 360° video by the Naive New … Continue reading Silliness
- TRAPPIST-1 (2/23/2017)- You’ve probably heard that NASA has found a trove of “Earth-like” planets circling the TRAPPIST-1 system roughly 40 light years away, but just in case you haven’t, here’s a short 2 minute AP video about the discovery. Here’s another video from NASA/JPL with more explanation. Most entertainingly, here’s a 360° YouTube Video published by NASA/JPL … Continue reading TRAPPIST-1
- Trippy Tech (1/10/2019)- You might notice an uptick in news about “future tech” crossing your radar over the next week or so. That’s because the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) is going on in Las Vegas this week, and pretty much every news outlet sends someone to cover it. That’s partly because they need something fun to talk about … Continue reading Trippy Tech
These are organized by a classification scheme developed exclusively for Cosma. More…
forecast : to calculate or predict (some future event or condition) usually as a result of study and analysis of available pertinent data — Webster See also OneLook, Free Dictionary, Wiktionary, Urban Dictionary
Future is what will happen in the time after the present. Its arrival is considered inevitable due to the existence of time and the laws of physics. Due to the apparent nature of reality and the unavoidability of the future, everything that currently exists and will exist can be categorized as either permanent, meaning that it will exist forever, or temporary, meaning that it will end. The future and the concept of eternity have been major subjects of philosophy, religion, and science, and defining them non-controversially has consistently eluded the greatest of minds. — Wikipedia
This supercomputer will perform...
by Rob Verger on March 21, 2019 at 9:15 pm
Technology Understanding Aurora, by the numbers. Aurora will be able carry out a quintillion operations each second—a billion billion. […]
Apple's video streaming service, a disc-less...
by PopSci Staff on March 21, 2019 at 6:15 pm
Gadgets Catch up on all the technology gossip without all the hype. Keep it real with your tech rumors. […]
These blades can cut nearly anything
by Rob Verger on March 21, 2019 at 1:30 pm
Gadgets The sharpest knives, scissors, and razors. Sharp blades are safer. Struggling to force a dull edge through veggies or fabric makes you ore likely to slip and take a bloody trip to the ER. […]
Riding Zero's SR electric motorcycle
by Dan Carney on March 20, 2019 at 9:30 pm
Technology Arm-stretching acceleration, and no need to shift. Would the instantaneous 116 foot-pounds of torque from the electric motor on the Zero SR prove to be unmanageable on take-off? […]
Google Stadia is the company's new cloud-based...
by Stan Horaczek on March 19, 2019 at 5:00 pm
Gadgets Google is about to go hard in gaming. Google is making a big announcement at GDC in San Francisco. […]