- Asteroids Everywhere (6/30/2017) - Friday, June 30 is Asteroid Day, so you are going to be hearing a LOT about Asteroids over the next day or so (see Asteroid Day.org, NASA, YouTube and Wikipedia). The reason Asteroid Day falls on this date is because it’s the anniversary of the 1908 “Tunguska event” when scientists believe a 50 meter wide … Continue reading Asteroids Everywhere
- Dive in! (3/17/2017) - Take a refreshing dive into this 360° YouTube Video from The Economist. The above is a 360° YouTube video — press and hold to explore! The Economist also created a full Ocean series on Youtube. Of course, while the video is beautiful, the message is sad. Unfortunately, recent news about coral reefs has been even … Continue reading Dive in!
- Doomed? (5/24/2017) - If you’ve been keeping up the slew of dark headlines in the news this week, then you may have seen some stories about how the Svalbard Global “Doomsday” Seed Vault is doomed, or not, according to which story you read. There were some alarmist headlines, but most of the stories were less drastic, while still … Continue reading Doomed?
- Hot car from the future… (11/8/2017) - No, this isn’t about “That Car“ — this is about a new Lamborghini that is making a debut at MIT’s EmTech Conference this week. The Terzo Millennio is a hot new “concept” car that is the product of a collaboration between Lamborghini and MIT, and here is a one minute glimpse of this newest sensation … Continue reading Hot car from the future…
- Octopuses from Space! (5/20/2018) - Did you hear the one about the octopuses from space? It sounds like the title of a cheesy sci-fi movie, doesn’t it? But it isn’t, this time, or at least, yet. Instead, it’s actually an oddball theory that’s been put forth in a recently published “scientific” article that’s getting quite a lot of buzz in … Continue reading Octopuses from Space!
- Silliness (3/24/2017) - This blog has covered numerous experiments with using 360° video to create new types of immersive narrative. There are many great examples out there now like Google’s HELP and NYT’s L.A. Noir. My favorite so far has been this video by One Republic. However, I’ve just come across a 360° video by the Naive New … Continue reading Silliness
- TRAPPIST-1 (2/23/2017) - You’ve probably heard that NASA has found a trove of “Earth-like” planets circling the TRAPPIST-1 system roughly 40 light years away, but just in case you haven’t, here’s a short 2 minute AP video about the discovery. Here’s another video from NASA/JPL with more explanation. Most entertainingly, here’s a 360° YouTube Video published by NASA/JPL … Continue reading TRAPPIST-1
These are organized by a classification scheme developed exclusively for Cosma. More…
forecast : to calculate or predict (some future event or condition) usually as a result of study and analysis of available pertinent data — Webster See also OneLook, Free Dictionary, Wiktionary, Urban Dictionary
Future is what will happen in the time after the present. Its arrival is considered inevitable due to the existence of time and the laws of physics. Due to the apparent nature of reality and the unavoidability of the future, everything that currently exists and will exist can be categorized as either permanent, meaning that it will exist forever, or temporary, meaning that it will end. The future and the concept of eternity have been major subjects of philosophy, religion, and science, and defining them non-controversially has consistently eluded the greatest of minds. — Wikipedia
Last week in tech: Where's that robot with our...
by Stan Horaczek on December 17, 2018 at 6:32 pm
Technology We'll all get to testify in front of Congress about tech eventually You remembered to get a Secret Santa gift, right? […]
Self-driving, burrito-carrying rovers are going...
by Rob Verger on December 14, 2018 at 7:13 pm
Technology This cute new robot is a bundle of sensors and smarts. Here’s how it works. Here's what you need to know about the new delivery rover from Postmates. […]
Where to find self-driving cars on the road right...
by Rob Verger on December 11, 2018 at 10:15 pm
Technology Autonomous cars seem futuristic, but they’re already on the streets. A roundup of what's going on, and where, in the world of autonomous vehicles. […]
Last week in tech: Tumblr got boring, Apple...
by Stan Horaczek on December 10, 2018 at 6:30 pm
Technology Tumblr's AI is on the search for nipples. So, how about that Avengers trailer? […]
Gifts for people who look like they spend a lot...
by Rachel Feltman on December 7, 2018 at 4:00 pm
Gift Guides The "outdoorsy" type Some of your friends like to do stuff outside: Hiking, climbing, skiing, camping. Some of them just like to look like they do that stuff. […]