- Asteroids Everywhere (6/30/2017) - Friday, June 30 is Asteroid Day, so you are going to be hearing a LOT about Asteroids over the next day or so (see Asteroid Day.org, NASA, YouTube and Wikipedia). The reason Asteroid Day falls on this date is because it’s the anniversary of the 1908 “Tunguska event” when scientists believe a 50 meter wide … Continue reading Asteroids Everywhere
- Dive in! (3/17/2017) - Take a refreshing dive into this 360° YouTube Video from The Economist. The above is a 360° YouTube video — press and hold to explore! The Economist also created a full Ocean series on Youtube. Of course, while the video is beautiful, the message is sad. Unfortunately, recent news about coral reefs has been even … Continue reading Dive in!
- Doomed? (5/24/2017) - If you’ve been keeping up the slew of dark headlines in the news this week, then you may have seen some stories about how the Svalbard Global “Doomsday” Seed Vault is doomed, or not, according to which story you read. There were some alarmist headlines, but most of the stories were less drastic, while still … Continue reading Doomed?
- Hot car from the future… (11/8/2017) - No, this isn’t about “That Car“ — this is about a new Lamborghini that is making a debut at MIT’s EmTech Conference this week. The Terzo Millennio is a hot new “concept” car that is the product of a collaboration between Lamborghini and MIT, and here is a one minute glimpse of this newest sensation … Continue reading Hot car from the future…
- Silliness (3/24/2017) - This blog has covered numerous experiments with using 360° video to create new types of immersive narrative. There are many great examples out there now like Google’s HELP and NYT’s L.A. Noir. My favorite so far has been this video by One Republic. However, I’ve just come across a 360° video by the Naive New … Continue reading Silliness
- TRAPPIST-1 (2/23/2017) - You’ve probably heard that NASA has found a trove of “Earth-like” planets circling the TRAPPIST-1 system roughly 40 light years away, but just in case you haven’t, here’s a short 2 minute AP video about the discovery. Here’s another video from NASA/JPL with more explanation. Most entertainingly, here’s a 360° YouTube Video published by NASA/JPL … Continue reading TRAPPIST-1
These are organized by a classification scheme developed exclusively for Cosma. More…
forecast : to calculate or predict (some future event or condition) usually as a result of study and analysis of available pertinent data — Webster See also Oxford, OneLook, Free Dictionary, Wiktionary, InfoPlease, Word Reference, Urban Dictionary
Future is what will happen in the time after the present. Its arrival is considered inevitable due to the existence of time and the laws of physics. Due to the apparent nature of reality and the unavoidability of the future, everything that currently exists and will exist can be categorized as either permanent, meaning that it will exist forever, or temporary, meaning that it will end. The future and the concept of eternity have been major subjects of philosophy, religion, and science, and defining them non-controversially has consistently eluded the greatest of minds. — Wikipedia
It doesn’t matter how many legs the new lobster...
by Rob Verger on February 21, 2018 at 11:05 pm
Technology Emojis are symbols, not images in a textbook. Sometime later this year, 157 new emojis will grace your phone or computer, and one of them will be a lobster. […]
Cool, weird, and gross stuff we played with at...
by Stan Horaczek on February 21, 2018 at 12:00 am
Gadgets Robots, coding toys, Marvel stuff, and an odd amount of poop-themed toys. Check out all the new playthings from this massive toy trade show. […]
China is building the world's largest facility...
by Jeffrey Lin and P.W. Singer on February 20, 2018 at 6:00 pm
Eastern Arsenal Wanshan covers more than 225 square nautical miles of ocean. Moving on from drone taxis and armed robots, China is now looking to take a lead in building unmanned ships. […]
Last week in tech: President’s Day sale on...
by Stan Horaczek on February 19, 2018 at 4:45 pm
Technology HomePod has a problem, robots are adorable, and Bitcoin is just doing what it does. Take a break from cruising mattress sales to catch up on last week's biggest tech stories. […]
China's J-20 stealth fighter jet has officially...
by Jeffrey Lin and P.W. Singer on February 18, 2018 at 5:30 pm
Eastern Arsenal Ready to "safeguard China's sovereignty, security and territorial integrity." China's J-20 stealth fighter is ready to take to the skies, thought it's waiting for new engines. […]