- Asteroids Everywhere (6/30/2017) - Friday, June 30 is Asteroid Day, so you are going to be hearing a LOT about Asteroids over the next day or so (see Asteroid Day.org, NASA, YouTube and Wikipedia). The reason Asteroid Day falls on this date is because it’s the anniversary of the 1908 “Tunguska event” when scientists believe a 50 meter wide … Continue reading Asteroids Everywhere
- Dive in! (3/17/2017) - Take a refreshing dive into this 360° YouTube Video from The Economist. The above is a 360° YouTube video — press and hold to explore! The Economist also created a full Ocean series on Youtube. Of course, while the video is beautiful, the message is sad. Unfortunately, recent news about coral reefs has been even … Continue reading Dive in!
- Doomed? (5/24/2017) - If you’ve been keeping up the slew of dark headlines in the news this week, then you may have seen some stories about how the Svalbard Global “Doomsday” Seed Vault is doomed, or not, according to which story you read. There were some alarmist headlines, but most of the stories were less drastic, while still … Continue reading Doomed?
- Hot car from the future… (11/8/2017) - No, this isn’t about “That Car“ — this is about a new Lamborghini that is making a debut at MIT’s EmTech Conference this week. The Terzo Millennio is a hot new “concept” car that is the product of a collaboration between Lamborghini and MIT, and here is a one minute glimpse of this newest sensation … Continue reading Hot car from the future…
- Octopuses from Space! (5/20/2018) - Did you hear the one about the octopuses from space? It sounds like the title of a cheesy sci-fi movie, doesn’t it? But it isn’t, this time, or at least, yet. Instead, it’s actually an oddball theory that’s been put forth in a recently published “scientific” article that’s getting quite a lot of buzz in … Continue reading Octopuses from Space!
- Silliness (3/24/2017) - This blog has covered numerous experiments with using 360° video to create new types of immersive narrative. There are many great examples out there now like Google’s HELP and NYT’s L.A. Noir. My favorite so far has been this video by One Republic. However, I’ve just come across a 360° video by the Naive New … Continue reading Silliness
- TRAPPIST-1 (2/23/2017) - You’ve probably heard that NASA has found a trove of “Earth-like” planets circling the TRAPPIST-1 system roughly 40 light years away, but just in case you haven’t, here’s a short 2 minute AP video about the discovery. Here’s another video from NASA/JPL with more explanation. Most entertainingly, here’s a 360° YouTube Video published by NASA/JPL … Continue reading TRAPPIST-1
These are organized by a classification scheme developed exclusively for Cosma. More…
forecast : to calculate or predict (some future event or condition) usually as a result of study and analysis of available pertinent data — Webster See also OneLook, Free Dictionary, Wiktionary, Urban Dictionary
Future is what will happen in the time after the present. Its arrival is considered inevitable due to the existence of time and the laws of physics. Due to the apparent nature of reality and the unavoidability of the future, everything that currently exists and will exist can be categorized as either permanent, meaning that it will exist forever, or temporary, meaning that it will end. The future and the concept of eternity have been major subjects of philosophy, religion, and science, and defining them non-controversially has consistently eluded the greatest of minds. — Wikipedia
This new system could help air taxis and drone...
by Rob Verger on June 21, 2018 at 9:24 pm
Technology The program is focused on a 35-mile route in Ohio. A drone management network project underway in Ohio will help keeps all those aerial vehicles from colliding. […]
Instagram TV is pulling us ever closer to a...
by Stan Horaczek on June 21, 2018 at 7:10 pm
Technology Moving images have historically been wide, but smartphones are changing that. Instagram TV is bringing long-form content to vertical video. […]
Our brains can't quit our gadgets—that...
by Eleanor Cummins on June 20, 2018 at 9:15 pm
Technology These are some of the design tricks that keep us hooked. Your obsession with your smartphone isn’t an accident. The devices—and apps inside them—are entrancing by design, earning them comparisons to gambling, sugar, and […]
A smartphone camera is the most boring device for...
by Stan Horaczek on June 20, 2018 at 1:46 pm
Technology These three cameras are interesting alternatives to the ubiquitous smartphone shooters. A stand-alone camera—from any generation—can capture distinctive memories worth keeping. These three cameras are interesting alternatives to the ubiquitous smartphon […]
Facebook is working on AI tools to fix photos...
by Stan Horaczek on June 19, 2018 at 9:46 pm
Technology It could open closed eyes with surprising accuracy. Facebook's AI tools can help open closed eyes and do a lot more down the road. […]