Note: These are 360° Videos — press and hold to explore them!
- Start your engines! (5/26/2017) - It’s that time of year again. This isn’t just a long Memorial Day weekend — it is also time for the 101’st running of The Greatest Spectacle in Racing! In honor of this I thought it would be fun to see if there are any 360° YouTube videos that give a sense of what it’s … Continue reading Start your engines!
- Start your engines! (5/27/2018) - Postscript (May 28, 2018) The 102nd running of the Indy 500 has come and gone. It definitely wasn’t the most exciting race in history. Still, it was the Indy 500, so it can only be so boring. Here’s a clip that recaps the whole race in all of its glory in just three and a … Continue reading Start your engines!
- When cars fly… (3/8/2018) - The Geneva International Motor Show is going on now, so watch for the latest and greatest cars to be in the news for the next few weeks. Of all the cool new cars this year, the PAL-V Liberty is getting more buzz than most of the others, and that’s because it can fly! Yes, that’s … Continue reading When cars fly…
These are organized by a classification scheme developed exclusively for Cosma. More…
automobile : of, relating to, or concerned with self-propelled vehicles or machines (typically on land) — Webster
Car is a wheeled, self-powered motor vehicle used for transportation and a product of the automotive industry. Most definitions of the term specify that cars are designed to run primarily on roads, to have seating for one to eight people, to typically have four wheels with tires, and to be constructed principally for the transport of people rather than goods. The year 1886 is regarded as the birth year of the modern car. In that year, German inventor Karl Benz built the Benz Patent-Motorwagen. Cars did not become widely available until the early 20th century. One of the first cars that was accessible to the masses was the 1908 Model T, an American car manufactured by the Ford Motor Company. Cars were rapidly adopted in the United States of America, where they replaced animal-drawn carriages and carts, but took much longer to be accepted in Western Europe and other parts of the world. — Wikipedia
The 6 most amazing car museums in the world (Business Insider)
The most impressive car museums from around the world (CNN)
List of Automobile Museums (Wikipedia)
National Automobile Museum
Museum of Automobile History
Petersen Automotive Museum
Auto (Breaking 1st Headlines)
Top 10 Car Magazine (All You Can Read)
Car and Driver
Fast Lane Daily
Automobile Magazine No Boring Cars! | Reviews, Auto Shows, Lifestyle
- Seven Cool Things to Note About the New 2021 Ford...by Aaron Gold on November 25, 2020 at 7:00 pm
There’s lots of big news in Ford’s new-for-2021 F-150 pickup, and we imagine there’ll be lots of talk about the new hybrid powertrain and its best-in-class (for the moment) towing and hauling ability. In our recent first drive of the 2021 Ford F-150, we were impressed by its abilities, but we also found lots of... The post Seven Cool Things to Note About the New 2021 Ford F-150 appeared first on Automobile Magazine.
- 2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E Gets EPA-Rated Range,...by Erik Johnson on November 25, 2020 at 4:30 pm
The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) has certified driving range figures for the 2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E, and the sums are just as expected across the lineup. The all-electric SUV arrives next month. The Mach-E will indeed be able to travel up to 300 miles on a single charge when equipped with the extended-range battery and... The post 2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E Gets EPA-Rated Range, and It’s Just Short of Tesla Model Y appeared first on Automobile Magazine.
- Profile: Meet the Women Who Tackled the Rebelle...by scosta on November 25, 2020 at 1:00 pm
Stepping up to an extreme challenge, ESPN senior sports writer Alyssa Roenigk (driver) and Los Angeles-based actress Sabrina Howells (navigator) tested the limits of a 2020 Kia Telluride SX during the fifth annual Rebelle Rally in October. Like all competitors, they tackled eight days of grueling off-road competition in the Nevada and California deserts; from... The post Profile: Meet the Women Who Tackled the Rebelle Rally in a 2020 Kia Telluride SX appeared first on Automobile Magazine.
- Rivian R1S SUV and R1T Pickup Configurators Are...by Alex Kierstein on November 24, 2020 at 11:01 pm
Better late than never, right? Rivian is finally taking reservations for its sleekly styled electric pickup and SUV, and after a weeklong period during which only reservation holders for the R1S and R1T electric SUV and pickup could access the automaker’s online configurator tool, you, too, can now virtually build your dream Rivian R1S and... The post Rivian R1S SUV and R1T Pickup Configurators Are Now Live appeared first on Automobile Magazine.
- Lexus GS: Fun Facts, History, Photos,...by cgolden on November 24, 2020 at 9:00 pm
Lexus GS Essential History Conceived as a more exclusive, sharper driving, and better-appointed alternative to the existing Lexus ES, the first-gen Lexus GS eschewed the primarily Japanese-forward design language, and it tapped design legend Giorgetto Giugiaro to create a sleek, European profile. The result was the 1993-1997 Lexus GS, a car that launched one of... The post Lexus GS: Fun Facts, History, Photos, Generations, and Specifications appeared first on Automobile Magazine.
Cars – Ars Technica Serving the Technologist for more than a decade. IT news, reviews, and analysis.
- The Volkswagen ID.4 electric crossover gets its...by Jonathan M. Gitlin on November 25, 2020 at 8:43 pm
Deliveries of the ID.4 should begin in the next few weeks.
- Ford’s electric Mustang Mach-E gets its...by Jonathan M. Gitlin on November 23, 2020 at 5:00 pm
The EPA says the extended-range Mustang Mach-E can go 300 miles on a charge.
- Four Ars staffers bought electric cars...by Timothy B. Lee on November 22, 2020 at 2:30 pm
Electric vehicle customers today enjoy a wide selection—and a $7,500 tax credit.
- People asked for a Mazda 3 with more power: The...by Jonathan M. Gitlin on November 20, 2020 at 5:58 pm
With 250 horsepower and all-wheel drive, it's more refined than you'd expect.
- A luxury crossover with a mainstream price? The...by Jonathan M. Gitlin on November 19, 2020 at 7:23 pm
The hybrid crossover is comfortable, efficient, and starts at just $32,470.