Note: These are 360° Videos — press and hold to explore them!
- Start your engines! (5/26/2017) - It’s that time of year again. This isn’t just a long Memorial Day weekend — it is also time for the 101’st running of The Greatest Spectacle in Racing! In honor of this I thought it would be fun to see if there are any 360° YouTube videos that give a sense of what it’s … Continue reading Start your engines!
- Start your engines! (5/27/2018) - Postscript (May 28, 2018) The 102nd running of the Indy 500 has come and gone. It definitely wasn’t the most exciting race in history. Still, it was the Indy 500, so it can only be so boring. Here’s a clip that recaps the whole race in all of its glory in just three and a … Continue reading Start your engines!
- When cars fly… (3/8/2018) - The Geneva International Motor Show is going on now, so watch for the latest and greatest cars to be in the news for the next few weeks. Of all the cool new cars this year, the PAL-V Liberty is getting more buzz than most of the others, and that’s because it can fly! Yes, that’s … Continue reading When cars fly…
These are organized by a classification scheme developed exclusively for Cosma. More…
automobile : of, relating to, or concerned with self-propelled vehicles or machines (typically on land) — Webster
Car is a wheeled, self-powered motor vehicle used for transportation and a product of the automotive industry. Most definitions of the term specify that cars are designed to run primarily on roads, to have seating for one to eight people, to typically have four wheels with tires, and to be constructed principally for the transport of people rather than goods. The year 1886 is regarded as the birth year of the modern car. In that year, German inventor Karl Benz built the Benz Patent-Motorwagen. Cars did not become widely available until the early 20th century. One of the first cars that was accessible to the masses was the 1908 Model T, an American car manufactured by the Ford Motor Company. Cars were rapidly adopted in the United States of America, where they replaced animal-drawn carriages and carts, but took much longer to be accepted in Western Europe and other parts of the world. — Wikipedia
The 6 most amazing car museums in the world (Business Insider)
The most impressive car museums from around the world (CNN)
List of Automobile Museums (Wikipedia)
National Automobile Museum
Museum of Automobile History
Petersen Automotive Museum
Auto (Breaking 1st Headlines)
Top 10 Car Magazine (All You Can Read)
Car and Driver
Fast Lane Daily
Cars – Ars Technica Serving the Technologist for more than a decade. IT news, reviews, and analysis.
- Toyota bet wrong on EVs, so now it’s lobbying...by Tim De Chant on July 27, 2021 at 6:30 pm
Toyota has stepped up lobbying to preserve its investments in hybrids, hydrogen.
- Tesla earned a profit of $1.1 billion after...by Jonathan M. Gitlin on July 26, 2021 at 8:40 pm
A record quarter for deliveries means a record quarter for profitability.
- Three Formula E motors and a DTM engine combine...by Jonathan M. Gitlin on July 23, 2021 at 4:17 pm
Audi will enter this extreme series hybrid off-roader in the 2022 Dakar Rally.
- Two more battery fires spark second Chevrolet...by Jonathan M. Gitlin on July 23, 2021 at 2:38 pm
GM and LG Chem found a second issue and will replace battery modules.
- Lyft ditches Google Maps for Here, partners with...by Jonathan M. Gitlin on July 21, 2021 at 1:49 pm
Argo and Ford will deploy driverless cars on Lyft's network in Miami and Austin.