Note: These are 360° Videos — press and hold to explore them!
- Start your engines! (5/26/2017) - It’s that time of year again. This isn’t just a long Memorial Day weekend — it is also time for the 101’st running of The Greatest Spectacle in Racing! In honor of this I thought it would be fun to see if there are any 360° YouTube videos that give a sense of what it’s … Continue reading Start your engines!
- Start your engines! (5/27/2018) - Postscript (May 28, 2018) The 102nd running of the Indy 500 has come and gone. It definitely wasn’t the most exciting race in history. Still, it was the Indy 500, so it can only be so boring. Here’s a clip that recaps the whole race in all of its glory in just three and a … Continue reading Start your engines!
- When cars fly… (3/8/2018) - The Geneva International Motor Show is going on now, so watch for the latest and greatest cars to be in the news for the next few weeks. Of all the cool new cars this year, the PAL-V Liberty is getting more buzz than most of the others, and that’s because it can fly! Yes, that’s … Continue reading When cars fly…
These are organized by a classification scheme developed exclusively for Cosma. More…
automobile : of, relating to, or concerned with self-propelled vehicles or machines (typically on land) — Webster
Car is a wheeled, self-powered motor vehicle used for transportation and a product of the automotive industry. Most definitions of the term specify that cars are designed to run primarily on roads, to have seating for one to eight people, to typically have four wheels with tires, and to be constructed principally for the transport of people rather than goods. The year 1886 is regarded as the birth year of the modern car. In that year, German inventor Karl Benz built the Benz Patent-Motorwagen. Cars did not become widely available until the early 20th century. One of the first cars that was accessible to the masses was the 1908 Model T, an American car manufactured by the Ford Motor Company. Cars were rapidly adopted in the United States of America, where they replaced animal-drawn carriages and carts, but took much longer to be accepted in Western Europe and other parts of the world. — Wikipedia
The 6 most amazing car museums in the world (Business Insider)
The most impressive car museums from around the world (CNN)
List of Automobile Museums (Wikipedia)
National Automobile Museum
Museum of Automobile History
Petersen Automotive Museum
Auto (Breaking 1st Headlines)
Top 10 Car Magazine (All You Can Read)
Car and Driver
Fast Lane Daily
Automobile Magazine No Boring Cars! | Reviews, Auto Shows, Lifestyle
- Cadillac Reveals the Production 2023 Lyriq...by Greg Fink on April 21, 2021 at 8:25 pm
If an electric SUV from Cadillac is on your wish list, listen up, because General Motors has pulled forward production of the 2023 Cadillac Lyriq, a midsize electric crossover that will be available a year from now with a starting price of $59,990. Originally the Lyriq was slated to appear late in 2022 or early... The post Cadillac Reveals the Production 2023 Lyriq Electric SUV appeared first on Automobile Magazine.
- How Could Mercedes Turn the Hot Vision EQS Into...by Greg Fink on April 21, 2021 at 6:25 pm
Oh dear. How did we get from there to here? I’m wracking my brain trying to think of a worse dreams-to-reality ratio than what Mercedes did by going from the incredible Vision EQS Concept to the actual EQS. The Lincoln Continental from a few years back, which began as the answer to, “What Would Don... The post How Could Mercedes Turn the Hot Vision EQS Into the Dull 2022 EQS EV? appeared first on Automobile Magazine.
- 2022 Subaru Outback Wilderness Gets Price That...by Greg Fink on April 21, 2021 at 4:25 pm
The 2022 Subaru Outback Wildnerness promises to go where only the courageous dare to explore. Aimed at outdoor enthusiasts wanting more out of their wagon, the Outback Wilderness, a trim above Onyx XT, and positioned just below the Limited XT and Touring XT, is set to arrive this spring. It is the most rugged and... The post 2022 Subaru Outback Wilderness Gets Price That Isn’t Out There appeared first on Automobile Magazine.
- Driven! The 2022 Porsche 911 GT3 Is Dynamic...by Greg Fink on April 21, 2021 at 2:23 pm
“Point of diminishing returns” best defines the new 2022 Porsche 911 GT3. It’s a description Porsche GT chief Andreas “Andy” Preuninger mentioned more than a half-dozen times in reference to the new 911 GT3 during his media briefing about the new car. Why? Emissions regulations constrained the GT3’s engine development, and the 911’s existing suspension... The post Driven! The 2022 Porsche 911 GT3 Is Dynamic Dynamite appeared first on Automobile Magazine.
- Driven! The Stylish 2022 Hyundai Tucson Compact...by Greg Fink on April 20, 2021 at 8:25 pm
The all-new 2022 Hyundai Tucson makes finding its central theme impossible: With its polarizing exterior styling, relaxing cabin, and unexpected driving character, this compact SUV embodies contrasts that somehow blend into a pleasantly cohesive whole. And the takeaway from that whole? If you work for Honda or Toyota, you might want to pay serious attention... The post Driven! The Stylish 2022 Hyundai Tucson Compact SUV appeared first on Automobile Magazine.
Cars – Ars Technica Serving the Technologist for more than a decade. IT news, reviews, and analysis.
- An API that can tell your EV when it’s the...by Jonathan M. Gitlin on April 22, 2021 at 7:35 pm
Energy management systems should mean cheaper EV charging for end users.
- Consumer Reports shows Tesla Autopilot works with...by Timothy B. Lee on April 22, 2021 at 5:38 pm
Consumer Reports argues Tesla needs a better driver-monitoring system.
- Everything we know about the $59,990 electric...by Jonathan M. Gitlin on April 21, 2021 at 5:25 pm
GM's new EV push started with the Hummer EV, with the new Caddy up next.
- 2021’s World Car of the Year goes to the...by Jonathan M. Gitlin on April 21, 2021 at 4:02 pm
Plus, the adorable Honda E wins World Urban Car.
- Minivans are better at daily life than SUVs, and...by Jonathan M. Gitlin on April 20, 2021 at 4:08 pm
They have a commanding view, three rows of seats, and even handle OK, too.