Note: These are 360° Videos — press and hold to explore them!
- Start your engines! (5/26/2017) - It’s that time of year again. This isn’t just a long Memorial Day weekend — it is also time for the 101’st running of The Greatest Spectacle in Racing! In honor of this I thought it would be fun to see if there are any 360° YouTube videos that give a sense of what it’s … Continue reading Start your engines!
- Start your engines! (5/27/2018) - Postscript (May 28, 2018) The 102nd running of the Indy 500 has come and gone. It definitely wasn’t the most exciting race in history. Still, it was the Indy 500, so it can only be so boring. Here’s a clip that recaps the whole race in all of its glory in just three and a … Continue reading Start your engines!
- When cars fly… (3/8/2018) - The Geneva International Motor Show is going on now, so watch for the latest and greatest cars to be in the news for the next few weeks. Of all the cool new cars this year, the PAL-V Liberty is getting more buzz than most of the others, and that’s because it can fly! Yes, that’s … Continue reading When cars fly…
These are organized by a classification scheme developed exclusively for Cosma. More…
automobile : of, relating to, or concerned with self-propelled vehicles or machines (typically on land) — Webster
Car is a wheeled, self-powered motor vehicle used for transportation and a product of the automotive industry. Most definitions of the term specify that cars are designed to run primarily on roads, to have seating for one to eight people, to typically have four wheels with tires, and to be constructed principally for the transport of people rather than goods. The year 1886 is regarded as the birth year of the modern car. In that year, German inventor Karl Benz built the Benz Patent-Motorwagen. Cars did not become widely available until the early 20th century. One of the first cars that was accessible to the masses was the 1908 Model T, an American car manufactured by the Ford Motor Company. Cars were rapidly adopted in the United States of America, where they replaced animal-drawn carriages and carts, but took much longer to be accepted in Western Europe and other parts of the world. — Wikipedia
The 6 most amazing car museums in the world (Business Insider)
The most impressive car museums from around the world (CNN)
List of Automobile Museums (Wikipedia)
National Automobile Museum
Museum of Automobile History
Petersen Automotive Museum
Auto (Breaking 1st Headlines)
Top 10 Car Magazine (All You Can Read)
Car and Driver
Fast Lane Daily
Automobile Magazine No Boring Cars! | Reviews, Auto Shows, Lifestyle
- More Top Gear America Coming May 7th, 2021!by jscott on February 27, 2021 at 12:02 am
Top Gear America isn’t done yet! Five more episodes are coming at you starting May 7, 2021, only on the MotorTrend App. The post More Top Gear America Coming May 7th, 2021! appeared first on Automobile Magazine.
- The Ringbrothers’ ’68 Mercury Cougar Yowls...by Alex Kierstein on February 26, 2021 at 10:40 pm
You can’t swing a custom, billet-hewn Cougar emblem these days without scratching up a few high-dollar restomods. There’s an entire spectrum out there, ranging from the crate-motor-and-decal jobs to the Singer types. Ringbrothers is no Singer, but its builds are certainly special. We’ve seen a number recently, and all embody some fundamentally interesting idea. Whether... The post The Ringbrothers’ ’68 Mercury Cougar Yowls Like a Coyote appeared first on Automobile Magazine.
- Pandemic Forces Cruise to Rethink and Redesign...by Greg Fink on February 26, 2021 at 8:40 pm
Timing is everything. Cruise, a self-driving vehicle startup, developed the 2022 Cruise Origin autonomous ride-hailing vehicle and showed it to the world in January 2020. Two months later the world shut down due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Suddenly the Origin, a six-passenger pod for ride-hailing, was being viewed by new sets of health-critical eyes. A... The post Pandemic Forces Cruise to Rethink and Redesign Its Origin Robotaxi appeared first on Automobile Magazine.
- Lordstown Is Taking Its Endurance EV Pickup Racingby Monica Gonderman on February 26, 2021 at 6:40 pm
Remember the first time you heard an angry V-8 Trophy Truck romping through the desert? Like a freight train late for a delivery or an irritated elephant trampling the savanna, the rage of a race truck literally shakes the ground—and converts many into off-road believers. Well, as they say, the only constant is change. Soon... The post Lordstown Is Taking Its Endurance EV Pickup Racing appeared first on Automobile Magazine.
- Ken Block’s Record-Setting Subaru WRX STI Rally...by cgolden on February 26, 2021 at 4:38 pm
Can you make your car waltz around a city street or wooded backroad like Ken Block? Probably not. Of course, the inability to hold hundred-foot all-wheel-drive slides and place a front wheel within millimeters of a dock drop-off hasn’t stopped tens of thousands of Gymkhana fans from imitating their rally hero, on- or off-camera. Most... The post Ken Block’s Record-Setting Subaru WRX STI Rally Car Heads to Auction appeared first on Automobile Magazine.
Cars – Ars Technica Serving the Technologist for more than a decade. IT news, reviews, and analysis.
- Humanitarian airship seeks world’s most...by Jonathan M. Gitlin on March 1, 2021 at 4:04 pm
LTA Research and Exploration is Sergey Brin's airship company.
- As important as the Beetle? Two days with...by Jonathan M. Gitlin on February 27, 2021 at 9:45 pm
It's a competent but not flashy crossover with a real-world range of 250 miles.
- Nikola admits to making “inaccurate”...by Timothy B. Lee on February 27, 2021 at 1:05 pm
Under new leadership, Nikola is trying to become a viable truck maker.
- Maryland school district places largest-ever...by Jonathan M. Gitlin on February 26, 2021 at 3:40 pm
We might not be getting many EV mail trucks, but a lot of EV buses are on order.
- Hands-on with Stellantis’ new Android-based...by Ars Staff on February 26, 2021 at 3:02 pm
More and more OEMs are switching to Google's operating system.