Note: These are 360° videos — press and hold to explore them!
These are organized by a classification scheme developed exclusively for Cosma. More…
panda : a large black-and-white mammal (Ailuropoda melanoleuca) of chiefly central China that feeds primarily on bamboo shoots and is now usually classified with the bears (family Ursidae) See also Red Panda — Webster
Phys.org - latest science and technology news stories Phys.org internet news portal provides the latest news on science including: Physics, Nanotechnology, Life Sciences, Space Science, Earth Science, Environment, Health and Medicine.
- Conservation study: Fostering wanderlust benefits...on September 20, 2021 at 2:18 pm
In the ongoing quest to understand what makes a good wildlife habitat, surprising new research shows there may be too much of a good thing when it comes to pinpointing optimal conditions. Embracing somewhat reduced standards can be good news to conservation managers.
- Why some fish are 'junk' and others are...on September 16, 2021 at 4:00 pm
Andrew Rypel grew up fishing on Wisconsin's pristine lakes and rivers. With just a worm on his hook, he caught suckers, gar, sunfish and other native fish he never saw in his game fishing magazines.
- Tiny, pink and identical: Giant panda twins born...on September 6, 2021 at 4:44 pm
A giant panda gave birth to twin cubs at Madrid zoo on Monday in what officials hailed was a "great contribution" to the conservation of the vulnerable species.
- China villagers learn to live with the elephant...on August 19, 2021 at 8:00 am
Ma Mingliang rarely encountered wild elephants while growing up in southwestern China, after centuries of hunting and deforestation nearly eradicated them. Today, the 42-year-old village chief barricades his community to keep them out.
- Singapore zoo breeds first panda cub on August 15, 2021 at 9:13 am
A panda bred via artificial insemination was born in Singapore's zoo on Saturday, the first cub to be born in the city-state.
- Panda loaned to France gives birth to twins: zooon August 2, 2021 at 7:26 am
Huan Huan, a giant panda on loan to France, gave birth to twin cubs very early Monday, according to the Beauval zoo.
- Panda loaned to France by China is pregnant...on July 20, 2021 at 6:09 pm
Huan Huan, a giant panda on loan to France by Beijing since 2012, is pregnant again and could soon grace the country with her second cub, the Beauval zoo in central France said Tuesday.
- Mexico announces new plan to protect near-extinct...on July 15, 2021 at 7:38 am
The Mexican government on Wednesday announced new measures that it said were aimed at saving the critically endangered vaquita porpoise, the world's rarest marine mammal.
- The evolution of the giant panda's...on July 9, 2021 at 3:19 pm
Although the giant panda is in practice a herbivore, its masticatory system functions differently from the other herbivores. Through the processes of natural selection, the giant panda's dietary preference has strongly impacted the evolution of its teeth and jaws. Researchers from the Institute of Dentistry at the University of Turku and the Biodiversity unit of the University of Turku together with researchers from the China Conservation and Research Center for Giant Panda (CCRCGP) have been […]
- DNAzymes could outperform protein enzymes for...on June 25, 2021 at 12:10 pm
Move over, gene-editing proteins—there's a smaller, cheaper, more specific genetic engineering tool on the block: DNAzymes—small DNA molecules that can function like protein enzymes.