Note: These are 360° videos — press and hold to explore them!
These are organized by a classification scheme developed exclusively for Cosma. More…
panda : a large black-and-white mammal (Ailuropoda melanoleuca) of chiefly central China that feeds primarily on bamboo shoots and is now usually classified with the bears (family Ursidae) See also Red Panda — Webster
Phys.org - latest science and technology news stories Phys.org internet news portal provides the latest news on science including: Physics, Nanotechnology, Life Sciences, Space Science, Earth Science, Environment, Health and Medicine.
- Assessment of carbon capture and storage in...on November 19, 2021 at 2:14 pm
Three quarters of the UK is in the sea. Among the diversity of marine wildlife found within UK seas lies a reservoir of carbon stored in natural habitats like sand, mud, saltmarsh and seagrass. Unlike land-based sources of carbon such as forests and peatlands, marine carbon stores are less well understood. This report begins to fill in the gaps in our knowledge of where carbon can be found within the English North Sea, how much carbon is being stored and the capacity to lock carbon away in the […]
- Diagnosing current and future water risks facing...on November 19, 2021 at 2:14 pm
The pharmceutical sector exists to improve the wellbeing and health of billions of people globally. The production and use of its products also have the potential to negatively impact human and ecosystem health—if appropriate action to manage its potential impacts on water is not taken.
- Giant pandas' distinctive black and white...on October 28, 2021 at 10:24 am
The high-contrast pattern of giant pandas helps them blend in with their natural environment.
- Asian deer's comeback marks rare China...on October 15, 2021 at 9:01 am
An Asian deer's comeback from the brink of extinction marks a rare success for China's conservation efforts, which have long faced criticism for focusing on only a handful of flagship species.
- You thought the oil spill was bad? In LA, toxic...on October 13, 2021 at 4:00 pm
In a bad way, a very bad way, the Huntington Beach oil spill is the enviro-disaster equivalent of the giant panda.
- Conservation study: Fostering wanderlust benefits...on September 20, 2021 at 3:18 pm
In the ongoing quest to understand what makes a good wildlife habitat, surprising new research shows there may be too much of a good thing when it comes to pinpointing optimal conditions. Embracing somewhat reduced standards can be good news to conservation managers.
- Why some fish are 'junk' and others are...on September 16, 2021 at 5:00 pm
Andrew Rypel grew up fishing on Wisconsin's pristine lakes and rivers. With just a worm on his hook, he caught suckers, gar, sunfish and other native fish he never saw in his game fishing magazines.
- Tiny, pink and identical: Giant panda twins born...on September 6, 2021 at 5:44 pm
A giant panda gave birth to twin cubs at Madrid zoo on Monday in what officials hailed was a "great contribution" to the conservation of the vulnerable species.
- China villagers learn to live with the elephant...on August 19, 2021 at 9:00 am
Ma Mingliang rarely encountered wild elephants while growing up in southwestern China, after centuries of hunting and deforestation nearly eradicated them. Today, the 42-year-old village chief barricades his community to keep them out.
- Singapore zoo breeds first panda cub on August 15, 2021 at 10:13 am
A panda bred via artificial insemination was born in Singapore's zoo on Saturday, the first cub to be born in the city-state.