These are organized by form and function.
These are organized by a classification scheme developed exclusively for Cosma. More…
compute : to determine especially by mathematical means Compute the area of the triangle.; also : to determine or calculate by means of a computer computing pi to over one billion places — Webster
Computation is any type of calculation that follows a well-defined model understood and expressed as, for example, an algorithm. The study of computation is paramount to the discipline of computer science. — Wikipedia
Communications of the ACM: Theory The latest news, opinion and research in theory, from Communications online.
- NIST Researchers Tap Ambient Lighting to Recharge...on August 5, 2021 at 5:08 pm
Researchers from the National Institute of Standards and Technology are looking to ambient lighting as a potential source of generating small amounts of power for the indoor charging of devices.
- Embodied AI, Superintelligence, and the Master...on August 5, 2021 at 1:45 pm
What will take us from potential to reality in the next 18 months?
- Taxing Digital Advertising Could Help Break Up...on August 4, 2021 at 4:37 pm
A novel approach to rein in the largest technology companies, encourage competition and innovation, and help democracy
- The Privacy Battle that Apple Isn't Fightingon August 2, 2021 at 3:05 pm
California has begun enforcing a browser-level privacy setting, but you still can't find that option in Safari or iOS
- Better Security Through Obfuscationon August 1, 2021 at 4:00 am
The quest to find greater security through obscurity.
Phys.org - latest science and technology news stories Phys.org internet news portal provides the latest news on science including: Physics, Nanotechnology, Life Sciences, Space Science, Earth Science, Environment, Health and Medicine.
- Research illuminates language of fireflieson August 5, 2021 at 7:59 pm
A small flickering at dusk near the trees, a pinprick of light rising from the ground—fireflies bring an air of magic and wonder to long summer evenings. The twinkling conversation between beetles is commonly associated with mating patterns; and new data explains how swarms are able to achieve this communication.
- New approach to information transfer reaches...on August 5, 2021 at 11:19 am
Even though quantum computers are a young technology and aren't yet ready for routine practical use, researchers have already been investigating the theoretical constraints that will bound quantum technologies. One of the things researchers have discovered is that there are limits to how quickly quantum information can race across any quantum device.
- Lava lamp tectonics: How giant blobs of subducted...on August 4, 2021 at 2:06 pm
A University of Wyoming professor has used computer modeling to propose that sand and mud subducted off the coast of California around 75 million years ago returned to the Earth's crust by rising up through the mantle as enormous diapirs, like blobs in a lava lamp.
- Users banned from social platforms shown to go...on August 3, 2021 at 3:32 pm
Users banned from social platforms go elsewhere with increased toxicity, according to a new study featuring researchers from Binghamton University, State University of New York.
- NASA study highlights importance of surface...on August 2, 2021 at 5:29 pm
The shadows cast by the roughness of the Moon's surface create small cold spots for water ice to accumulate even during the harsh lunar daytime.