These are organized by form and function.
These are organized by a classification scheme developed exclusively for Cosma. More…
compute : to determine especially by mathematical means Compute the area of the triangle.; also : to determine or calculate by means of a computer computing pi to over one billion places — Webster
Computation is any type of calculation that follows a well-defined model understood and expressed as, for example, an algorithm. The study of computation is paramount to the discipline of computer science. — Wikipedia
Communications of the ACM: Theory The latest news, opinion and research in theory, from Communications online.
- Informing California Privacy Regulations with...on March 1, 2021 at 5:00 am
Designing and testing 'Do Not Sell My Personal Information' icons.
- Understanding Deep Learning (Still) Requires...on March 1, 2021 at 5:00 am
In this work, we presented a simple experimental framework for interrogating purported measures of generalization.
- The Power of Quantum Complexityon March 1, 2021 at 5:00 am
A theorem about computations that exploit quantum mechanics challenges longstanding ideas in mathematics and physics.
- Science Is Not Another Opinionon March 1, 2021 at 5:00 am
The issue is not who has the "truth," but whose claims deserve more credence.
- What To Do About Deepfakeson March 1, 2021 at 5:00 am
Seeking to reap the positive uses of synthetic media while minimizing or preventing negative societal impact.
Phys.org - latest science and technology news stories Phys.org internet news portal provides the latest news on science including: Physics, Nanotechnology, Life Sciences, Space Science, Earth Science, Environment, Health and Medicine.
- Pioneering prehistoric landscape reconstruction...on February 26, 2021 at 4:21 pm
A new study using leading edge technology has shed surprising light on the ancient habitat where some of the first dinosaurs roamed in the UK around 200 million years ago.
- Theory could accelerate push for spintronic...on February 25, 2021 at 7:57 pm
A new theory by Rice University scientists could boost the growing field of spintronics, devices that depend on the state of an electron as much as the brute electrical force required to push it.
- Collaboration leads to 2-D polymer discoveryon February 25, 2021 at 5:04 pm
Army researchers reached a breakthrough in the nascent science of two-dimensional polymers thanks to a collaborative program that enlists the help of lead scientists and engineers across academia known as joint faculty appointments.
- Scientists use supercomputers to study reliable...on February 25, 2021 at 1:24 pm
Nuclear fusion, the same kind of energy that fuels stars, could one day power our world with abundant, safe, and carbon-free energy. Aided by supercomputers Summit at the US Department of Energy's (DOE's) Oak Ridge National Laboratory (ORNL) and Theta at DOE's Argonne National Laboratory (ANL), a team of scientists strives toward making fusion energy a reality.
- 'Missing ice problem' finally solvedon February 23, 2021 at 5:55 pm
During glacial periods, the sea level falls, because vast quantities of water are stored in the massive inland glaciers. To date, however, computer models have been unable to reconcile sea-level height with the thickness of the glaciers. Using innovative new calculations, a team of climate researchers led by the Alfred Wegener Institute has now managed to explain this discrepancy. The study, which was recently published in the journal Nature Communications, could significantly advance research […]