- 2016 ICYMI (12/30/2016) - Remember how the buzz at the beginning of the year was that 2016 would be “The Year” that immersive 3D, 360° and VR media would go mainstream? Well, did it? Is everyone you know talking about it? Well, err, in all honesty, if you are not an extreme geek and earlier adopter, probably not. If … Continue reading 2016 ICYMI
- 360° Arts Galore! (10/7/2017) - One of the goals of Cosma is to highlight the greatest immersive and interactive content available on the web, and while there are a number of interesting formats featured on the posts and pages, the majority of examples tend to be YouTube 360° Videos. In fact, there are so many great videos, it would be … Continue reading 360° Arts Galore!
- Cirque du Soleil Sampler (12/1/2017) - They’ve done it again! Cirque du Soleil has once again raised the bar in innovative uses for 360° Video. This time they created this fantastic compilation of four trailers for the virtual experiences that they’ve produced in collaboration with Felix and Paul Studios. You can see all of the 360° Video trailers on their VR … Continue reading Cirque du Soleil Sampler
- Coldplay’s Cool Gadgetry (8/11/2017) - Yesterday
- Elton’s Busy Week (2/2/2018) - Elton John’s in the news! First, he performed Tiny Dancer with Miley Cyrus at the Grammys. Then he formally announced what he says will be his final world tour entitled Farewell Yellow Brick Road. The three year tour will kick off in September, and it will include more than 300 shows across five continents. In … Continue reading Elton’s Busy Week
- L.A. Noir (12/20/2016) - The New York Times has done it, again! Over the last year they have consistently released some of the classiest and most immersive 3D/360°/VR media around. Features like Takes Flight and Seeking Pluto’s Frigid Heart set production and content quality standards exceedingly high, but this time they have truly outdone themselves. The New York Times … Continue reading L.A. Noir
- Newt’s Case (4/13/2017) - J. K. Rowling’s wizarding world is back in the news because it has been announced that Jude Law will play young Dumbledore and Johnny Depp will play the villain Grindelwald in the upcoming Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them sequel. Jude Law to Play Young Dumbledore in ‘Fantastic Beasts’ Sequel (Justin Kroll, Variety) There … Continue reading Newt’s Case
- Nouveau Cirque (6/8/2017) - Cirque du Soleil (Official Site, YouTube, Wikipedia) is the most well known example of a genre called nouveau cirque (French) or contemporary circus (English). Nouveau cirque is a genre of performing arts in which a story or a theme is conveyed through traditional circus skills. Animals are rarely used in this type of circus, and … Continue reading Nouveau Cirque
- Silliness (3/24/2017) - This blog has covered numerous experiments with using 360° video to create new types of immersive narrative. There are many great examples out there now like Google’s HELP and NYT’s L.A. Noir. My favorite so far has been this video by One Republic. However, I’ve just come across a 360° video by the Naive New … Continue reading Silliness
- Strange Things (11/12/2016) - There’s been a ton of cool stuff going on in the 3D/360°/AR/VR hardware and software universe lately, and there’s about to be even more (more on that soon). On the other hand, the 3D/360°/AR/VR content front has been “relatively” static (unless you love Halloween’esque horror, of course). When I went looking for something interesting to … Continue reading Strange Things
These are organized by a classification scheme developed exclusively for Cosma. More…
performance : a public presentation or exhibition — Webster
Performing arts are art forms in which artists use their body or voice to convey artistic expression—as opposed to plastic arts, in which artists use clay, metal, paint, and other materials to create physical art objects. — Wikipedia
Instagram Exec on Facebook User-Data Controversy:...
by Joseph Otterson on March 21, 2018 at 10:09 pm
Charles Porch, Instagram’s global head of creative programs, said on Wednesday at the Variety Massive Summit that the teams at Facebook and Instagram are working to prevent future breaches of user data. “What I will say, and I think this goes across all the platforms, protecting data and privacy across our platforms is our number one priority,” Porch […]
TV News Roundup: ‘Younger’ Season 5 Sets...
by Christi Carras on March 21, 2018 at 10:07 pm
In today’s roundup, “Younger” season five has a premiere date and Hulu released a behind the scenes featurette from the set of “National Treasure: Kiri.” CASTING USA Network has elevated Amanda Schull to series regular for “Suits” Season 8. Schull has recurred since season two as Katrina Bennett, a former associate of Louis Litt who has returned […]
A&R Today: Why Gut Still Matters More Than...
by Shirley Halperin on March 21, 2018 at 10:00 pm
“The music industry needs to go back to pure A&R and gut instincts. … It can’t just be metrics and data. Everyone goes after the same artists based on buzz or streaming numbers. But sometimes we just need pure talent.” When I wrote this tweet a couple months ago, I had no idea it would […]
Meredith Laying Off 1,200, Will Explore Sale of...
by Todd Spangler on March 21, 2018 at 8:58 pm
Six weeks after closing its deal for Time Inc., Meredith announced the layoffs of 200 employees — and said it plans to eliminate another 1,000 positions in the next 10 months. In addition, the media and publishing company confirmed that it will explore the sale of Time, Sports Illustrated, Fortune, and Money brands, which are […]
Fifth Harmony 411: Who’s Handling the Girls...
by Jem Aswad on March 21, 2018 at 8:45 pm
Like any job change, leaving a group for a solo career is a process that requires a smart strategy and the right team. And when all four members of Fifth Harmony announced Monday morning that they’re essentially all going solo at the same time, they’ve provided a textbook example of how to do it right, […]