- “Hollywood Homes” (11/6/2018) - This week there was a media blitz about the Brady Bunch having a reunion at the home that appeared in the series. In truth, it was basically a publicity stunt to promote a HGTV project called A Very Brady Renovation. If you missed the story, and you’re a fan, or just morbidly curious about how … Continue reading “Hollywood Homes”
- Magical Paintings (10/19/2018) - Remember those nifty magical paintings in Harry Potter where the people in the paintings move around, interact with people in other paintings as well as people in the real world? (Pottermore, Muggles’ Guide to Harry Potter) Here’s a new 360° video from SoKrispyMedia that takes that concept to a whole nother level. There’s nothing else … Continue reading Magical Paintings
- Barnum’s Critters (8/24/2018) - Barnum’s animals have escaped! Here’s an update about the situation from Inside Edition. Of course, unlike the iconic crackers themselves, the news about them is bittersweet because The Greatest Show on Earth ceased operation back in May 2017. Have you ever wondered what happened to Barnum & Bailey’s real animals? Here’s a short segment from … Continue reading Barnum’s Critters
- Practically Impossible (7/27/2018) - The summer blockbuster season is still in full swing, and this week’s big news maker is the sixth installment of Mission Impossible. Of course, as was the case for each of the earlier movies in the franchise, the stunts in the movie are grabbing a lot of attention. That’s because Tom Cruise believes in two … Continue reading Practically Impossible
- Rock n’ roll, noise pollution? (7/15/2018) - Is rock and roll noise pollution? If you are a rock and roll fan, then you probably know that this is a question that AC/DC famously weighed in on in their song Rock And Roll Ain’t Noise Pollution (YouTube). If you are a language or communication expert, rock and roll fan or not, you probably … Continue reading Rock n’ roll, noise pollution?
- Happy Summer, Roar! (6/21/2018) - It’s here! It’s officially summer, and that means that it’s time for summer traditions like barbecues, vacations and loving or hating the newest summer blockbusters. For better or worse, they are here, too — it’s time to either rejoice and head to the nearest cineplex or cringe with derision and run away from the latest … Continue reading Happy Summer, Roar!
- U2’s Tech Wizardry (5/13/2018) - If you’re fairly familiar with the band U2, then you know that they’re deeply into technology. Every time they release a new album and/or show, they’re bound to introduce some creative new techie experience to go along with it. Their new eXPERIENCE & iNNOCENCE Tour is no exception. Here’s a trailer with a glimpse of … Continue reading U2’s Tech Wizardry
- Méliès Doodled! (5/4/2018) - You’re almost certainly familiar with Google’s Doodles. They’re an excellent, entertaining way to spend some time learning something new, in passing, every day. They also almost always point to some little known, but interesting backstory. Today’s Doodle is a particularly beautiful example of that. It celebrates Georges Méliès, and it is special for many reasons. … Continue reading Méliès Doodled!
- Elton’s Busy Week (2/2/2018) - Elton John’s in the news! First, he performed Tiny Dancer with Miley Cyrus at the Grammys. Then he formally announced what he says will be his final world tour entitled Farewell Yellow Brick Road. The three year tour will kick off in September, and it will include more than 300 shows across five continents. In … Continue reading Elton’s Busy Week
- Cirque du Soleil Sampler (12/1/2017) - They’ve done it again! Cirque du Soleil has once again raised the bar in innovative uses for 360° Video. This time they created this fantastic compilation of four trailers for the virtual experiences that they’ve produced in collaboration with Felix and Paul Studios. You can see all of the 360° Video trailers on their VR … Continue reading Cirque du Soleil Sampler
- 360° Arts Galore! (10/7/2017) - One of the goals of Cosma is to highlight the greatest immersive and interactive content available on the web, and while there are a number of interesting formats featured on the posts and pages, the majority of examples tend to be YouTube 360° Videos. In fact, there are so many great videos, it would be … Continue reading 360° Arts Galore!
- Coldplay’s Cool Gadgetry (8/11/2017) - Yesterday
- Nouveau Cirque (6/8/2017) - Cirque du Soleil (Official Site, YouTube, Wikipedia) is the most well known example of a genre called nouveau cirque (French) or contemporary circus (English). Nouveau cirque is a genre of performing arts in which a story or a theme is conveyed through traditional circus skills. Animals are rarely used in this type of circus, and … Continue reading Nouveau Cirque
- Newt’s Case (4/13/2017) - J. K. Rowling’s wizarding world is back in the news because it has been announced that Jude Law will play young Dumbledore and Johnny Depp will play the villain Grindelwald in the upcoming Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them sequel. Jude Law to Play Young Dumbledore in ‘Fantastic Beasts’ Sequel (Justin Kroll, Variety) There … Continue reading Newt’s Case
- Silliness (3/24/2017) - This blog has covered numerous experiments with using 360° video to create new types of immersive narrative. There are many great examples out there now like Google’s HELP and NYT’s L.A. Noir. My favorite so far has been this video by One Republic. However, I’ve just come across a 360° video by the Naive New … Continue reading Silliness
- 2016 ICYMI (12/30/2016) - Remember how the buzz at the beginning of the year was that 2016 would be “The Year” that immersive 3D, 360° and VR media would go mainstream? Well, did it? Is everyone you know talking about it? Well, err, in all honesty, if you are not an extreme geek and earlier adopter, probably not. If … Continue reading 2016 ICYMI
- L.A. Noir (12/20/2016) - The New York Times has done it, again! Over the last year they have consistently released some of the classiest and most immersive 3D/360°/VR media around. Features like Takes Flight and Seeking Pluto’s Frigid Heart set production and content quality standards exceedingly high, but this time they have truly outdone themselves. The New York Times … Continue reading L.A. Noir
- Strange Things (11/12/2016) - There’s been a ton of cool stuff going on in the 3D/360°/AR/VR hardware and software universe lately, and there’s about to be even more (more on that soon). On the other hand, the 3D/360°/AR/VR content front has been “relatively” static (unless you love Halloween’esque horror, of course). When I went looking for something interesting to … Continue reading Strange Things
These are organized by a classification scheme developed exclusively for Cosma. More…
performance : a public presentation or exhibition — Webster
Performing arts are art forms in which artists use their body or voice to convey artistic expression—as opposed to plastic arts, in which artists use clay, metal, paint, and other materials to create physical art objects. — Wikipedia
Google Unveils 2018 Top Searches: ‘Black...
by Todd Spangler on December 12, 2018 at 8:01 am
Google released its 2018 “year in search” lists of what internet users sought out this year, with “Black Panther” scoring as the top entertainment search. Disney-Marvel Studios’ superhero blockbuster “Black Panther” was the only movie or TV show in the top-10 trending overall searches on Google this year (both in the U.S. and worldwide). High-profile […]
‘Brokeback Mountain,’ ‘Jurassic Park,’...
by Dave McNary on December 12, 2018 at 8:01 am
“Brokeback Mountain,” “Jurassic Park,” “My Fair Lady,” “The Shining,” “Hud” and “Monterey Pop” are among the best known titles among this year’s additions to the National Film Registry by the Library of Congress. A place on the list — always made up of 25 films — guarantees the film will be preserved under the terms […]
Christian Bale Recalls Meeting Donald Trump:...
by Erin Nyren on December 12, 2018 at 5:35 am
With Christian Bale’s latest film, “Vice,” a political dramedy, it’s inevitable ties will be drawn between the film and the current political administration and its chief, President Donald Trump. On the red carpet for the premiere of “Vice,” Bale, who stars as former Vice President Dick Cheney, shared that he met the current president while […]
‘Bumblebee’ Again Tops Studios’ TV Ad...
by simonispot on December 12, 2018 at 3:55 am
In this week’s edition of the Variety Movie Commercial Tracker, powered by the TV advertising attention analytics company iSpot.tv, Paramount Pictures claims the top spot in spending for the second week in a row with “Bumblebee.” Ads placed for the sci-fi/action film had an estimated media value of $6.31 million through Sunday for 941 national […]
‘Elseworlds, Part 3’ Recap: 2019...
by Danielle Turchiano on December 12, 2018 at 2:00 am
SPOILER ALERT: Do not read if you have not yet watched “Elseworlds, Part 2,” the final part of the 2018 “Arrowverse” crossover, which aired Dec. 11. After John Deegan (Jeremy Davies) got another go at using the Book of Destiny to rewrite reality, the “Elseworlds” finale saw Barry (Grant Gustin) and Oliver (Stephan Amell) facing […]