These are organized by form and function.
These are types of media formats.
See also Quantum Computer
These are organized by a classification scheme developed exclusively for Cosma. More…
computer : one that computes; specifically : a programmable usually electronic device that can store, retrieve, and process data — Webster
Computer is a general purpose device which can be programmed to carry out a finite set of arithmetic or logical operations. Since a sequence of operations can be readily changed, the computer can solve more than one kind of problem. — Wikipedia
How to Criticize Computer Scientists: Humorous essay outlining how to effectively insult a computer scientist (Douglas E. Comer, Purdue University)
How To Destroy Your Computer: Step-by-step instructions
See also Quantum Computer
Communications of the ACM: Computer Systems The latest news, opinion and research in computer systems, from Communications online.
- Cutting Through the Noiseon October 18, 2021 at 7:07 pm
Artificial intelligence enables high-fidelity quantum computing.
- How to Move More Goods Through America's Clogged...on October 18, 2021 at 4:00 pm
Autonomous trains increasingly are seen as a solution to U.S. truck driver shortages, as well as a way for companies to reduce carbon emissions.
- U.K. Schools Are Using Facial Recognition for...on October 18, 2021 at 2:11 pm
Nine schools in North Ayrshire in the U.K. are using facial recognition technology to take lunch payments, citing the lack of touch for COVID safety and increased speed as selling points.
- Meta Learning and Model-Based Reinforcement...on October 15, 2021 at 8:13 pm
Stanford professor Chelsea Finn talks about robotics and meta learning research
- Mathematicians Create a Model for Queue...on October 15, 2021 at 4:51 pm
RUDN University mathematicians have proposed a model for optimizing the operation of queuing systems. The servers in the system are self-sustained and can determine when to start and stop working themselves.
Scientific American Science news and technology updates from Scientific American
- The FDA Should Better Regulate Medical Algorithmsby Soleil Shah, Abdul El-Sayed on October 7, 2021 at 12:00 pm
Most do not require the agency’s approval, and those that do often don’t require clinical trials -- Read more on ScientificAmerican.com
- An Unsung Female Pioneer of Computer Simulationby Virginia Grant on September 29, 2021 at 7:00 pm
A mid-20th-century computer experiment created a new field of science—and programmer Mary Tsingou Menzel is finally being given credit for her role in making it happen -- Read more on ScientificAmerican.com
- New Encryption Technique Better Protects...by Harini Barath on September 16, 2021 at 10:45 am
Users can display images as usual, but neither attackers nor tech platforms can see them -- Read more on ScientificAmerican.com
- Digital Heads Help Eyewitnesses Identify Suspectsby Sophie Bushwick on August 10, 2021 at 3:30 pm
Witnesses were more accurate when they interacted with 3-D models than when they looked at still photographs. And the models were less expensive than an in-person lineup -- Read more on ScientificAmerican.com
- The Computer Scientist Training AI to Think with...by John Pavlus, Quanta Magazine on August 6, 2021 at 10:45 am
Melanie Mitchell says digital minds will never truly be like ours until they can make analogies -- Read more on ScientificAmerican.com